Windows 10: Safe to delete Windows.old?

Discus and support Safe to delete Windows.old? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was purusing my C Drive and noticed Windows.old...just wanted to check if it was safe to delete (imagine upgrade from Slow Ring to Fast Ring 10130... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bromanbro, Jun 5, 2015.

1. bromanbro Win User

Safe to delete Windows.old?

I was purusing my C Drive and noticed Windows.old...just wanted to check if it was safe to delete (imagine upgrade from Slow Ring to Fast Ring 10130 created this)

Thanks!

I'm on the Fast Ring - I ain't got time for old stuff!

:)

bromanbro, Jun 5, 2015
  2. #DELETE Win User

Windows 10 Calendar | Remove "Microsoft Account" default calendar

Is there more information about this? I'm having the same issue, and it's driving me nuts(OCD alert)!

Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1607 (OS Build 14393.693)

Mail and Calendar 17.7812.42257.0

Microsoft People 10.1.3410.0

Store 11610.1001.25.0

Login to Windows using a 'Local Account', not a 'Microsoft Account'.
    Safe to delete Windows.old? [​IMG]

Two accounts from an unrelated provider. One for e-mail using IMAP+SMPT, another for calendar/contacts using CalDav+CardDav (iCloud). I censored the second account name due to bad languageSafe to delete Windows.old? :).

And yet, when opening the Calendar. There is an entry for 'Microsoft Account Calendar', wich is unable to be managed.

Things I've tried to fix this:

- Removed and added accounts (Using both 'Calendar-->Manage Accounts' and 'Settings-->Accounts')

- Removed and installed Mail/Calendar/People (Using PowerShell and Store)

- Run Microsoft Troubleshooter for Windows Store

- Run SFC /scannow

- Run DISM /RestoreHealth

- Switched to Microsoft Account, and back to local

- A combination and multiplication of all the above!

So far no fix is noticeable and the problem persist. Where does that 'Microsoft Account' entry comes from? And more important, how to remove it?!

I would really appriciate if Microsoft gave some attention to this issue, and help us solve this.

With kind regards,

#DELETE, Jun 5, 2015
  3. #DELETE Win User
    Windows 10 Calendar | Remove "Microsoft Account" default calendar

Is there more information available to finally solve this issue? An response from Microsoft would be nice.

With kind regards,

#DELETE, Jun 5, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jun 5, 2015
  5. elbmek Win User
    sometimes it wont delete all. I suppose it depends on your uninstaller. I ended up having to manually delete sub files before I could delete the whole.

elbmek, Jun 5, 2015
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    Check out the link that Shawn posed.. it's a fast, safe way to delete the .old folder.

BunnyJ, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Safe to delete Windows.old? - Similar Threads - Safe delete old

2. Is it safe to delete .?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it safe to delete .?: Hi I need help to free up some of my SSD storage because I only have 200-300 MB of space left on my hard drive, so please suggest what I should do before it crashes. Is it safe to delete . if it doesn’t contain any of my personal documents? I want to clarify that I haven’t...
  3. Is it safe to delete .?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it safe to delete .?: Hi I need help to free up some of my SSD storage because I only have 200-300 MB of space left on my hard drive, so please suggest what I should do before it crashes. Is it safe to delete . if it doesn’t contain any of my personal documents? I want to clarify that I haven’t...
  4. Is it safe to delete old File History files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it safe to delete old File History files?: My External drive is busting with old File History images, at least 3 different versions of my PC when it had different names/images.Can I delete old ones?Some old sites say you can delete it all and just run one now, but don'T I need my old versions if I do a recovery to an...
  5. Is it safe to delete old File History files?

Is it safe to delete old File History files?: My External drive is busting with old File History images, at least 3 different versions of my PC when it had different names/images.Can I delete old ones?Some old sites say you can delete it all and just run one now, but don'T I need my old versions if I do a recovery to an...
  6. Are these safe to delete?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Are these safe to delete?: Hello there. I found a folder in my Appdata\Local folder called "CrashDumps" that's taking up a good bit of space. I've heard these kinds of files are safe to delete, but I want to be sure just in case....
  7. Are these safe to delete?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are these safe to delete?: Hello there. I found a folder in my Appdata\Local folder called "CrashDumps" that's taking up a good bit of space. I've heard these kinds of files are safe to delete, but I want to be sure just in case....
  8. Are these safe to delete?

9. is it safe to delete these

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    is it safe to delete these: I asked a similar question yesterday i learned of mroe folder i could delete but again i need an expert input. can I delete all these all these folders as well?[ATTACH]...
  10. Safe To Delete?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Safe To Delete?: The root directory of my C drive contains stuff that seems like garbage to me. 1. $SysReset: Contains an empty Logs folder. Haven't done any kind of reset/refresh--don't even know what that means. 2. Driver_allOS: Contains a folder called Audio. This contains lots of...