Windows 10: Safe to delete Windows.Old?

Discus and support Safe to delete Windows.Old? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I received a Windows update about a month ago (July 2019). The old Windows folder was renamed to Windows.Old. Is it safe to delete that folder now?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MesPia, Aug 24, 2019.

1. MesPia Win User

Safe to delete Windows.Old?

I received a Windows update about a month ago (July 2019). The old Windows folder was renamed to Windows.Old. Is it safe to delete that folder now?

:)

MesPia, Aug 24, 2019
  2. huffman Win User

Delete Old Windows

I have a rather large file taking up valuable space on my primary hard drive. I know that long ago perhaps on Windows 7 when that file appeared I just deleted it. That does NOT seem to work well with Windows 10. I tried going into Safe Mode to delete it, but that just got me into trouble and it did NOT do a very efficient job at that.

What is the best way to delete the "old windows" files? Perhaps there is some software will do it better and more efficient.

Suggestions are appreciated.

huffman, Aug 24, 2019
  3. bestellen Win User
    Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Aug 24, 2019
  4. Ruz San Win User

Delete old version of windows

Hi Erle,

Some running files or services may be preventing you from deleting the old version of Windows on your computer, or there may be a conflict regarding permissions. We'd like to know some things to get a better picture of the problem and help you resolve it.
    Please answer the following:

• Are you trying to delete the Windows.old folder?
    • What error do you get when deleting the file?
    • Did you find the Previous Windows installation(s) file when you ran Disk Cleanup?
    • How long has it been since you upgraded the computer to Windows 10?

You can try the suggestions shared by SpiritX MS MVP on this
    page
    to permanently delete the folder of your previous operating system.

Let us know if any of the steps work for you.

We'll be glad to offer additional assistance if needed.

Regards.

Ruz San, Aug 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Safe to delete Windows.Old? - Similar Threads - Safe delete Old

2. Is it safe to delete .?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it safe to delete .?: Hi I need help to free up some of my SSD storage because I only have 200-300 MB of space left on my hard drive, so please suggest what I should do before it crashes. Is it safe to delete . if it doesn’t contain any of my personal documents? I want to clarify that I haven’t...
  3. Is it safe to delete .?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it safe to delete .?: Hi I need help to free up some of my SSD storage because I only have 200-300 MB of space left on my hard drive, so please suggest what I should do before it crashes. Is it safe to delete . if it doesn’t contain any of my personal documents? I want to clarify that I haven’t...
  4. Is it safe to delete old File History files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it safe to delete old File History files?: My External drive is busting with old File History images, at least 3 different versions of my PC when it had different names/images.Can I delete old ones?Some old sites say you can delete it all and just run one now, but don'T I need my old versions if I do a recovery to an...
  5. Is it safe to delete old File History files?

Is it safe to delete old File History files?: My External drive is busting with old File History images, at least 3 different versions of my PC when it had different names/images.Can I delete old ones?Some old sites say you can delete it all and just run one now, but don'T I need my old versions if I do a recovery to an...
  6. Are these safe to delete?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Are these safe to delete?: Hello there. I found a folder in my Appdata\Local folder called "CrashDumps" that's taking up a good bit of space. I've heard these kinds of files are safe to delete, but I want to be sure just in case....
  7. Are these safe to delete?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are these safe to delete?: Hello there. I found a folder in my Appdata\Local folder called "CrashDumps" that's taking up a good bit of space. I've heard these kinds of files are safe to delete, but I want to be sure just in case....
  8. Are these safe to delete?

9. is it safe to delete these

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    is it safe to delete these: I asked a similar question yesterday i learned of mroe folder i could delete but again i need an expert input. can I delete all these all these folders as well?[ATTACH]...
  10. Safe To Delete?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Safe To Delete?: The root directory of my C drive contains stuff that seems like garbage to me. 1. $SysReset: Contains an empty Logs folder. Haven't done any kind of reset/refresh--don't even know what that means. 2. Driver_allOS: Contains a folder called Audio. This contains lots of...