Windows 10: Safe to install DirectX 9 on Windows 10?

Discus and support Safe to install DirectX 9 on Windows 10? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Refreshing a friend's PC and they play some older games that require it. 40027 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by vram, Feb 6, 2016.

1. vram Win User

Safe to install DirectX 9 on Windows 10?

Refreshing a friend's PC and they play some older games that require it.

:)

vram, Feb 6, 2016

2. direct x

That's a DirectX 9 game, so you should install DirectX 9.0c, either during game installation (if offered by the setup process) or by downloading and installing DirectX 9 End-User Runtime (DirectX
    9 Websetup
    from Microsoft).

Even newer games make use of game-specific fixes which are part of a DirectX 9 "redistributable" package, but not included in Windows 10.

Sanmartin2016, Feb 6, 2016
  3. Lucid92 Win User
    DirectX

Hello, i play an online game which was made for DirectX 9. However, i use windows 10 and just want to know if it is possible to run the game in DirectX 9 mode. Moreover, is it safe to do so ? Thank you in advance.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers

Lucid92, Feb 6, 2016
  4. Dude Win User

Dude, Feb 6, 2016
  5. Yes, it's safe. In fact some games require it, especially older titles, and may refuse to run, crash, etc if it's not present. I actually recommend that you definitely install DX9 if you're a gamer. Download the file from Microsoft that is called 'dxwebsetup.exe'. You'll have to be Internet-connected to install it, it will download all needed DX9 files.

AnonVendetta, Feb 8, 2016
  6. vram Win User
    It's strange that it's not available as an install option under add programs and features. They have older .Net stuff in there, why not DX9?

Either way, it's installed and working. Thanks all *Smile

vram, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Safe to install DirectX 9 on Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Safe install DirectX

2. Downloading DirectX 9

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloading DirectX 9: I recently bought Batman Arkham Asylum but I cannot open it. I have tried literally everything and watched every video on how to get it working. I think that the problem might be that I do not have DirectX 9 installed on my PC. How do I go about downloading it and is there...
  3. Downloading DirectX 9

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloading DirectX 9: I recently bought Batman Arkham Asylum but I cannot open it. I have tried literally everything and watched every video on how to get it working. I think that the problem might be that I do not have DirectX 9 installed on my PC. How do I go about downloading it and is there...
  4. DirectX 9 installation is missing for Windows 10 1.2021

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX 9 installation is missing for Windows 10 1.2021: Hi ! In following post: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/directx-9-on-windows-10/7b7cec82-4a6d-4bb8-b7a5-3889aae764c1 in reply there is a suggestion to download DirectX End-User Runtime, a link which was broken lately - it simply...
  5. directx 9 dowload

in Windows 10 Gaming
    directx 9 dowload: Hi, since yesterday it has appeared that I am unable to download because apparently the file is not found. I used the official link and it says that "this download is no longer available" Can we have any update what's the play with this? Thank you....
  6. DirectX 9 Wont Install on Windows 10 1.2021

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DirectX 9 Wont Install on Windows 10 1.2021: Hi ! Cannot download "DirectX End-User Runtimes June 2010", download link http://download.microsoft.com/download/8/4/A/84A35BF1-DAFE-4AE8-82AF-AD2AE20B6B14/directx_Jun2010_redist.exe Seems to be broken. There was no mention about Windows 10 dropping support of Direct...
  7. Directx 9 install error on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Directx 9 install error on Windows 10: Really I'm trying to play Black Ops 1, and there's no sound. I've looked around a lot for a solution and the only one that really works is to go in the _Redist file that contains direct x9 setup dxwebsetup, and then "Error creating process <C:\Users\user...
  8. DirectX 9 on Windows 10 installation internal error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX 9 on Windows 10 installation internal error: Hi, I have a brand new laptop and I’m trying to install directX 9 to play old games. I used the standalone runtime june 2010 and it gives me an error everytime, and it tells me to check some error logs that dont exist. If I run it on compatibility mode it installs but...
  9. DirectX 9 doesn't install on laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DirectX 9 doesn't install on laptop: I tried to installed Roxio VCR to DVD software on my laptop. My laptop has Windows 10. The error message says I need to install DirectX 9, but that did not install. I saw another message and it says to use DirectX11, but that did not install onto my laptop. Any...
  10. DirectX 9

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX 9: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 that came with Windows 10, but the hard drive failed and it was replaced with another hard drive with Windows 10 on it, too. I tried installing GMod off of Steam, and it says it's missing a .dll file that has to do with DirectX 9. I tried fully...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is it ok to have directx 9 with 10

2. is directx runtime safe

3. is directx 9.0 safe to download

4. failed to intsall dirctx 9 redistributal,
  5. dell inspiron 3567 directx end-user runtime error,
  6. is directx version 9 0 safe to install on windows,
  7. safe download directx windows 10,
  8. steam directx windows 10 install