Windows 10: Safe to Partiton my Bitlocked Surface Pro 4

Discus and support Safe to Partiton my Bitlocked Surface Pro 4 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Cant find anything in the search about it but is it safe to partition my Surface Pro 4 drive that is bitlocked? I want to create a data partition for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by veldthui, Dec 9, 2015.

1. veldthui Win User

Safe to Partiton my Bitlocked Surface Pro 4

Cant find anything in the search about it but is it safe to partition my Surface Pro 4 drive that is bitlocked? I want to create a data partition for stuff I don't want to clutter the C drive with to make backing up easier.

:)

veldthui, Dec 9, 2015

2. Surface pro 4 needs Bitlocker recovery

Surface pro 4 needs Bitlocker recovery So what Should I do

KhaldounAlzaher, Dec 9, 2015
  3. BitLocker Network Unlock Surface Pro 4

Hi all

we have BitLocker with Network Unlock in Place. Everything is working fine (with Lenovo & Fujitsu devices).

We have Surface Pro 4 devices as well and unfortunately they're not working (same Setup, same Policies). When booting up, we have to enter the Bitlocker PIN.

Does anybody know what UEFI/BIOS Settings the Surface Pro 4 needs, to get the Network Unlock feature working?

Thanks

Simon

Brunner Simon, Dec 9, 2015
  4. veldthui Win User

Okay I will answer my own question. I decided against it and decrypted the drive by turning it off. I then used Ease Partition software to shrink C and create a new partition. The windows drive manager would not shrink it saying not enough drive space.
    Can now turn bitlocker back on if I need it.

veldthui, Dec 9, 2015
Thema:

1. Safe to Partiton my Bitlocked Surface Pro 4 - Similar Threads - Safe Partiton Bitlocked

2. Surface Pro 4 - Corrupt Windows - Bitlocked Drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Pro 4 - Corrupt Windows - Bitlocked Drive: I have a surface pro 4 that has a corrupt drive. It boots with the Preparing Automatic Repair, then Diagnosing the repair. Then the restart & advanced options screen comes on. I have the bitlocker key. No mater which options I choose it will not boot or repair.... Because the...
  3. Surface pro 4

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface pro 4: Will not allow use of mouse and it is showing red as usual. Restart and shutdown were done. Also can't delete numerous emails using shift. Help please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-4/7672285a-3b80-40cd-951b-38b76f76bc2e
  4. Surface Pro 4

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Surface Pro 4: I have an issue where when I switch on my Surface Pro 4 it boots are far as the screen saver and shows at the bottom that it is in Flight Mode only, no wifi etc. It also states the camera not available and requests sign in with pin which it will not accept or my password will...
  5. Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Surface Pro 4: System and Firmware Update. 115195
  6. Surface Pro 4

Surface Pro 4: Updates available Surface Pro 4. 57858
  7. Surface Pro 4

Surface Pro 4: Quite a large system update available today. 47842
  8. Sector level backups on Surface Pro 4 - Bitlocker

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Sector level backups on Surface Pro 4 - Bitlocker: I usually back up my standard PCs by booting from a USB drive and running a third party tool to create a sector-level backup to an image file that I store on an external drive. However, I have Bitlocker enabled on my Surface Pro 4 and wonder whether I will have issues either...
  9. Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface Pro 4: Anyone else think it will run cooler than the Surface Pro 3? Anyone experienced this? 28169
  10. Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface Pro 4: So when am I going to be able to get a nice fanless SP4 machine to match this nice Windows 10 build! My SP3 is great, but starting to feel slightly tired (keyboard is looking very worn out) and fan always spins. Time for a refresh soon once SP4 comes out! 8304