Windows 10: "Safe to remove hardware" notification for USB drive missing

Discus and support "Safe to remove hardware" notification for USB drive missing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The "Safe to remove hardware" notification for USB drive is now missing. This will corrupt the drive if it does not come back. How do I get it come... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TimBrown957, Sep 3, 2020.

1. "Safe to remove hardware" notification for USB drive missing

The "Safe to remove hardware" notification for USB drive is now missing. This will corrupt the drive if it does not come back.

How do I get it come back?

:)

TimBrown957, Sep 3, 2020
  2. FrankS Win User

Safely Remove Hardware icon missing

Hi
    In the last few days the 'Safely Remove Hardware' icon has gone missing from my Taskbar. Also, if I right-click on the USB stick or USB hard drive in 'This Computer' the Eject option is missing.
    In PC Settings/Personalisation/Taskbar/Notification area/Select which icons appear on the taskbar I have 'Always show all icons in the notification area' switched on & all items in the list are in the 'on' state including 'Windows Explorer (Safely Remove Hardware & Eject Media).
    Any suggestions?

FrankS, Sep 3, 2020
  3. Safely remove hardware missing for One USB port after windows 10 anniv

Safely remove hardware missing for One USB port after windows 10 anniversary update.
    For one USB slot its working fine. It makes notification sound a device is connected and safely remove icons shows in taskbar.

For the other USB slot i can see it in file explorer. But not in safely remove Hardware. It also doesnt make the sound.

I have followed this solution which is not working for me.
    4 Solutions to Restore Missing or Disappeared Safely Remove Hardware Icon • Raymond.CC

Any suggestions.

manish9009, Sep 3, 2020
  4. "Safe to remove hardware" notification for USB drive missing

not showing USB safe to remove hardware notification

The icon shows, its the message saying safe to remove hardware I don’t see, even though I know it gets ejected because I see the icon but no message notification saying safe to remove

Steven Campoli, Sep 3, 2020
Thema:

"Safe to remove hardware" notification for USB drive missing

1. "Safe to remove hardware" notification for USB drive missing - Similar Threads - Safe remove hardware

2. No safely remove hardware notification

in Windows 10 Customization
    No safely remove hardware notification: No safely remove hardware notification, looked up the replies to this, found the real cause for me was "Focus Assist", turn of and now it works well Win 10 pro...
  3. No Notification to safely remove hardware

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Notification to safely remove hardware: When I insert a flash drive, I hear the notification sound but do not get a display notification in the notification area. When I use the icon to eject a flash drive I get no Safe to Remove notification. I get no notification. If I attempt to use the icon to eject a second...
  4. How to remove "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" notification?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" notification?: Hi Microsoft, I really do want to keep the setting "Always show all icons in the notification area" on, however I really do want to get rid of the Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media notification. The reason why is because I do not use any USB storage devices and it is...
  5. not showing USB safe to remove hardware notification

not showing USB safe to remove hardware notification: Been playing with this for a while. When my external hard drive is connected and I eject, sometimes the message notification says safe to remove and most of the time I eject and their is no « safe to remove hardware notification « the taskbar icons are defaulted as this...
  6. Safe removal of usb drive

Safe removal of usb drive: How do you safely remove usb drive from computer on Window 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/safe-removal-of-usb-drive/8e1ea4eb-bfe9-4e58-866a-292b3c94ac03
  7. Safely Remove Hardware icon missing

Safely Remove Hardware icon missing: Hi In the last few days the 'Safely Remove Hardware' icon has gone missing from my Taskbar. Also, if I right-click on the USB stick or USB hard drive in 'This Computer' the Eject option is missing. In PC Settings/Personalisation/Taskbar/Notification area/Select which icons...
  8. Safely Remove Hardware icon missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Safely Remove Hardware icon missing: Hi In the last few days the 'Safely Remove Hardware' icon has gone missing from my Taskbar. Also, if I right-click on the USB stick or USB hard drive in 'This Computer' the Eject option is missing. In PC Settings/Personalisation/Taskbar/Notification area/Select which icons...
  9. "safe to remove hardware" notification not popping up

"safe to remove hardware" notification not popping up: Hello everyone, I had my usb drive connected to the pc, and by mistake I went to the Action Center and I clicked "Turn off notifications for this group". So, now when I click to remove a usb or any device, I don't get the "safe to remove hardware" notification anymore. All...
  10. Safely Remove Hardware notification not displayed

Safely Remove Hardware notification not displayed: When I use the Safely Remove Hardware to remove, for example a USB flash drive, I do not get the notification that the device can be removed. I used to get this in Win 8.1 and I still get it in Win 7. Is there a way to enable the message? (I know a lot of people don't...