Windows 10: Safe to remove Internet Explorer?

Discus and support Safe to remove Internet Explorer? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I haven't used IE for a long time, I've used Edge and now the Chromium Edge and Firefox. Is it safe to remove IE? 163705 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by fireberd, Sep 2, 2020.

1. fireberd Win User

Safe to remove Internet Explorer?

I haven't used IE for a long time, I've used Edge and now the Chromium Edge and Firefox. Is it safe to remove IE?

:)

fireberd, Sep 2, 2020
  2. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Safe to remove Internet Explorer? wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

mixa, Sep 2, 2020
  3. Suprub93 Win User
    Unable to uninstall Internet explorer 8

i tried doing it, but when i click on windows internet explorer 8, the delete/remove option doesnt appear. the only one i see that can be removed is called Update for windows internet explorer 8, when i try to delete this one, it shows me a list of programs that may be affected or my not run properly if i remove it, what should i do....should i give it a try and then install version 7, will version 7 fix what they are saying.

Suprub93, Sep 2, 2020
  4. Safe to remove Internet Explorer?

printing with internet explorer and Kaspersky Internet Security Safe Money screens

Hi Elizabeth,

Based on the description that you provided, there may be incompatibility issues between the printer and Internet Explorer 11. With that said, we will be performing some troubleshooting steps to isolate the cause of this issue. Before we proceed, kindly answer
    the following:

• What is the current version and build number of your computer? To get the information, kindly follow the steps below:
      • Click on the Start menu.
      • Type winver.
      • Press Enter.

• Are you getting any error messages when printing? If so, can you send us a screenshot? Make sure that you remove all personal information.

• Can you provide the current version of the Internet Explorer you are using? Here's how:
    • Open Internet Explorer.
    • Click on the gear icon.
    • Select About Internet Explorer.

Charianne Per, Sep 2, 2020
Thema:

Safe to remove Internet Explorer?

1. Safe to remove Internet Explorer? - Similar Threads - Safe remove Internet

2. Remove Internet Explorer 11 in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Internet Explorer 11 in Windows 11?: Axiomatic Colleagues of Mine: Internet Explorer is definitively dead in Windows 11. However, the browser folders are still there. I clicked on the exe file that used to start IE up until version 11. The action always starts the default browser. Meanwhile, the Edge browser...
  3. Remove Internet Explorer 11 in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove Internet Explorer 11 in Windows 11?: Axiomatic Colleagues of Mine: Internet Explorer is definitively dead in Windows 11. However, the browser folders are still there. I clicked on the exe file that used to start IE up until version 11. The action always starts the default browser. Meanwhile, the Edge browser...
  4. Are these safe to remove

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are these safe to remove: Hi Guys I have on my pc the following items and I want to know if its safe to remove. As far as I know, I do not have/use any Apple products or machines. Apple Application Support 64 bit Apple Mobile Device Support Apple Software Update W 10 of course 159676
  5. Are these safe to remove

in Windows 10 Support
    Are these safe to remove: Hi Guys I have on my pc the following items and I want to know if its safe to remove. As far as I know, I do not have/use any Apple products or machines. Apple Application Support 64 bit Apple Mobile Device Support Apple Software Update W 10 of course 159676
  6. Is removing "Removed Apps" safe?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is removing "Removed Apps" safe?: So about a month ago, I got some virus thing, and I had to factory reset my computer due to Norton Antivirus not catching it and me not being able to delete it manually. When I did, I got some thing on my desktop called "Removed Apps" (Shown in the picture). I have no idea if...
  7. Safe to remove

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Safe to remove: On 1 of 4 1809 machines, I lost the "safe to remove message" The ports are ok and the usb stick is ok because the led goes out. Does anyone have a fix that "really" works ? Thanks 125584
  8. Safe to remove

in Windows 10 Support
    Safe to remove: On 1 of 4 1809 machines, I lost the "safe to remove message" The ports are ok and the stick is ok because the led goes out. Does anyone have a fix that "really" works ? Thanks 125584
  9. Internet Explorer: Safe to Delete?

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer: Safe to Delete?: I performed a system cleanup today. Thanks. Good! Hope that gave you back a decent size chunk of space, and got rid of some old, unnecessary files.
  10. Explorer scanning for "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media"

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer scanning for "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media": When I boot up my system it will normally scan once and that's it. A couple weeks ago I started getting a system sound when I logged into a game I play Black Desert Online and the sound would repeat itself exactly every 2 minutes. I tried a reboot and it would disappear and...