Windows 10: "Safe to remove" pop-up does not appear.

Discus and support "Safe to remove" pop-up does not appear. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I click on "Safely Remove" for a USB drive the drive disappears from the list and also from the Windows Explorer drive view, but I do not receive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Hairy Scot, May 12, 2017.

1. "Safe to remove" pop-up does not appear.

When I click on "Safely Remove" for a USB drive the drive disappears from the list and also from the Windows Explorer drive view, but I do not receive the "Safe to remove" pop-up message.

Any ideas?

:)

Hairy Scot, May 12, 2017
  2. FJH2015 Win User

"Safe to remove hardware and eject media" not working properly.

As of yesterday, the "safe to remove" functionality on my computer with Windows 10 has become the same as it was with Windows 7 - I can now shut down both USB drives without removing either one. After clicking to remove one USB, a "safe to remove..." message
    pops up, and after clicking it, the window appears letting me click the other USB drive, and another "safe to remove..." message pops up, and I then remove both USB drives. Apparently MS has sent me an update that has corrected the problem.

FJH2015, May 12, 2017
  3. FJH2015 Win User
    "Safe to remove hardware and eject media" not working properly.

I had two USB drives plugged into my laptop and used Windows 10 File Explorer to copy some files from my C drive to both of the USB drives. As I have done in Windows 7, I used the "Safe to remove hardware and eject media" icon in the task bar to shut down
    the USB drives before unplugging them. Previously, after clicking the "Safe to remove..." icon, a window showing both USB drives popped up and I could select one USB drive to shut down. Then a pop-up would state that it is safe to remove the USB drive. After
    clicking this message the window reappeared showing the remaining USB, which I would select and it would shut down with the same "Safe to remove..." message. Now after clicking on one of the USB drives, no additional message appears and clicking the removal
    icon does nothing. I can unplug both USB drives, but I don't know if both were shut down.

FJH2015, May 12, 2017
  4. Rocky Win User

"Safe to remove" pop-up does not appear.

That sounds right from my experience.

Rocky, May 12, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    Not in my experience, I always get the notification - but then we probably have chosen different notification settings.

Settings > System > Notifications & actions
    @Hairy Scot For 'safe to remove' notifications, turn on 'Get notifications from apps and other senders'.

6. It sounds right, and it probably is not a major problem, but it is a concern.
    The message should appear.

Hairy Scot, May 12, 2017
  7. DUH! *Redface

I can't believe I had turned that off!

Thank you.

Hairy Scot, May 12, 2017
  8. Rocky Win User

I guess I have mine turned off. I guess I'm glad about that!!!!

Rocky, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. "Safe to remove" pop-up does not appear. - Similar Threads - Safe remove pop

2. "Safe to remove hardware" pop-up box is missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Safe to remove hardware" pop-up box is missing: My "safe to remove hardware" pop-up box is missing. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safe-to-remove-hardware-pop-up-box-is-missing/bfbec29b-b6a2-448e-9551-8fceeddbb16c
  3. POP UP REMOVAL

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    POP UP REMOVAL: I keep getting a page and a pop up ad that are called "SavingsForThe Savvy. How can I get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-up-removal/537f5501-2b06-4816-923f-5f9a8c1c7cc9
  4. The pop-up 'safe to remove' no longer shows, when 'safely remove' has been selected.

in Windows 10 Customization
    The pop-up 'safe to remove' no longer shows, when 'safely remove' has been selected.: This has been raised before, at least 2 thread I've been following: - see AntonyJose reply in Sept 2015 - see Robin_Mann, Safe to remove hardware message no longer shows in Windows 10 but there is no definitive answer that works so can someone give me a clue as to why my PC...
  5. Removing pop up issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Removing pop up issues: I keep getting a pop up warning as follows: c:\windows\microsoft.NET\\Framework64\V4.0.30319\WFP\PresentationNative_V0400dll I don't know how to find and remove the issue. any advise would be appreciated Regards Chris...
  6. pop up removals

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    pop up removals: how to rid of pop ups https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/pop-up-removals/320d2137-6923-4c90-90a4-1506ba9a0a88
  7. No Safely remove notifiction pop up, HAVE Icon

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Safely remove notifiction pop up, HAVE Icon: The notification to safely remove hardware pop up box does not appear. I have the Icon to click , and can see any Usb device , thumb drive or Hard drive. Just no SAFE TO REMOVE HARDWARE BOX, the devices are removed as they no longer appear but I get no confirmation of...
  8. "safe to remove hardware" notification not popping up

"safe to remove hardware" notification not popping up: Hello everyone, I had my usb drive connected to the pc, and by mistake I went to the Action Center and I clicked "Turn off notifications for this group". So, now when I click to remove a usb or any device, I don't get the "safe to remove hardware" notification anymore. All...
  9. "Safe to remove" alert not popping up

"Safe to remove" alert not popping up: Hello, I know this is something minor, but this issue just came out of nowhere and I have to idea what the cause is. When I choose the option to safely remove a USB or External HDD from the icon in the System tray, normally an alert would pop up saying that I can safely...
  10. Safely Remove notification message not appearing

Safely Remove notification message not appearing: I found out lately when I use the Safely Remove , I do not get the notification that the device can be removed. I had 'Show app notification' set to on, but still it does not appear. Do anyone have the same problem or know a solution to it? I would like to get notified the...