Windows 10: Safe to remove XVD devices?

Discus and support Safe to remove XVD devices? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey, I recently just learned that these XVD drives that show up in device manager are virtual disks used to store and run games which are natively Xbox... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/diggsmcgee, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Safe to remove XVD devices?

Hey, I recently just learned that these XVD drives that show up in device manager are virtual disks used to store and run games which are natively Xbox games, but that you can also install on your PC via the Windows Store. I cam across 1 thread with someone else asking what this is and a few people mentioned that they removed/disabled these drives in device manager to stop games from stuttering.

But wouldn't removing these drives cause games to, you know, disappear?

And is it ok to remove the drives that show up as disconnected (you have to check the "Show hidden devices" under the view menu to see them... and then also open up the Disk Drives tree).

submitted by /u/diggsmcgee
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/diggsmcgee, Jun 3, 2020
  2. Octopolus Win User

No Safely remove notifiction pop up, HAVE Icon

1st suggestion didnt work at all.
    2nd suggestion works but after that when i stop the device the "normal way" its still the same, no "safe to remove device" shows up

Octopolus, Jun 3, 2020
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    "Safely removing devices" not working in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Are you referring to Safely remove device icon or notification?

If you are referring about icon. Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Right click on the empty space on the Taskbar and select Properties.
    • Under Notification area click on Customize.
    • Under Notifications and actions Click Select which icons to appear on taskbar.
    • Turn on Windows Explorer option. By turning this on you will get an icon on the taskbar.

You may also refer the link below suggested by Ruth Buruga on October 10, 2015
    and follow the steps.

SAFELY REMOVE HARDWARE/DEVICE Win10

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pavan_N, Jun 3, 2020
  4. Safe to remove XVD devices?

Remove Devices

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while removing the device from your Microsoft account as it keeps popping back after removing.

It could be possible that the device was using OneDrive with the same Microsoft account and that might be the reason you are able to see the device listed under your profile. I would suggest you to remove the device from OneDrive
    and see if that helps.

You can follow the steps to remove the device from OneDrive.

1. Login to
      https://onedrive.live.com
    2. Now on the left hand pane click on PC’s.
    3. Now click on the devices that are listed under PC’s and on the right hand side click on
      Remove PC.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the results of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jun 3, 2020
Thema:

Safe to remove XVD devices?

1. Safe to remove XVD devices? - Similar Threads - Safe remove XVD

2. Safely remove device still not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Safely remove device still not working: Brand new laptop and no possible external causes for this bug except the Windows 11 bug: there is no way to safely eject an external device without getting the error "This device is currently in use". According to all available help sites like ghacks.net and Deskmodder,...
  3. Safely remove device still not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Safely remove device still not working: Brand new laptop and no possible external causes for this bug except the Windows 11 bug: there is no way to safely eject an external device without getting the error "This device is currently in use". According to all available help sites like ghacks.net and Deskmodder,...
  4. Safe Removal of USB devices not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Safe Removal of USB devices not working: A while ago I paused updates on my computer. I found that many of them were more troublesome than their worth, not helpful, or just annoying. For instance, do we all remember when they got rid of the ability to change the screen brightness without having to go into settings?...
  5. Are these safe to remove

in Windows 10 Support
    Are these safe to remove: Hi Guys I have on my pc the following items and I want to know if its safe to remove. As far as I know, I do not have/use any Apple products or machines. Apple Application Support 64 bit Apple Mobile Device Support Apple Software Update W 10 of course 159676
  6. Removing Hard Drive from device safely!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Removing Hard Drive from device safely!: I can't remove my hdd without formatting, It's always showing the device is currently in use. I've tried restarting windows explorer from task management, uninstalling/disabling the drive from device manager, restarting the system, but nothing works. The hdd drive H isn't...
  7. I have 4 Xvd drives in my device manager.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have 4 Xvd drives in my device manager.: [ATTACH] These XVD drives show up only in device manager and at the disk optimalization. When i disable them, they disappear from disk optimalization. Their names: \\?\Volume{3b88ac61-4924-3a22-4e8d-3c735624b12a}\ \\?\Volume{68f7e57c-6419-88e0-5f5a-c90c1a5bf2f9}\...
  8. safely remove device

safely remove device: Hi I want to safely remove USB device. The icon is on the task bar but turned off in settings, how do I turn it on ? Thanks John https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safely-remove-device/995c6a92-c905-4d08-8d14-55e494f1810b
  9. Is it Safe to Remove Duplicates from Device Manager?

Is it Safe to Remove Duplicates from Device Manager?: In device manager I got several drivers with the same name. Are these duplicates and can I delete them leaving only one of course? Look at the screenshot. Circled in red you'll find the duplicates. 75252
  10. message to safely remove usb device

message to safely remove usb device: I need to get back the notification that I can safely remove a USB pen drive, the notification that happens in the lower right hand corner of the screen. I think I used to have it but somehow turned it off. thanks 54542

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Xvd