Windows 10: Safe to remove

Discus and support Safe to remove in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; On 1 of 4 1809 machines, I lost the "safe to remove message" The ports are ok and the usb stick is ok because the led goes out. Does anyone have a fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ken1943, Jan 19, 2019.

1. ken1943 Win User

Safe to remove

On 1 of 4 1809 machines, I lost the "safe to remove message" The ports are ok and the usb stick is ok because the led goes out.
    Does anyone have a fix that "really" works ?

Thanks

:)

ken1943, Jan 19, 2019

2. Safely Remove Hardware - Windows 10

Hi Grant,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have concern about the how to safely removal of external device from Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you to provide you valuable suggestion in the feedback app.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Type "Windows Feedback" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Then provide your suggestion.

We can also removely safely the external pen drives or external hard drive through below steps.

1. Open File Explorer.

2. It will show the list of Drives available on the computer, then right click on the external drive which you want to remove safely.

3. The click on Eject option from the list.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 19, 2019
  3. Safely Remove Hardware tool

Thank you for the update, Murray. Since you mentioned that you've already tried running the rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL hotplug.dll command to no avail, we suggest that you create a shortcut or even a batch file using the same command. Just run
    the shortcut or batch file and see if the Safely Remove Hardware dialog window will appear. To create a shortcut, follow these steps:

• Right-click on the desktop and click on New > Shortcut.
    • In the Type the location of the item box, type in, or copy and paste the following command:
      • rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL hotplug.dll
    • Click Next and then give it a name like Safely Remove Hardware, and then click on
      Finish.

Keep us in the loop.

Aileen Alf, Jan 19, 2019
  4. Vesao Win User

Safe to remove

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Jan 19, 2019
Thema:

Safe to remove

1. Safe to remove - Similar Threads - Safe remove

2. How can I remove the "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" icon from my taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I remove the "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" icon from my taskbar?: This icon appeared after I replaced my motherboard 3 weeks ago. Never seen such icon before. No idea how to remove it. I think I have some sort of pathological minimalism or OCD and it's really bothersome....
  3. How can I remove the "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" icon from my taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I remove the "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" icon from my taskbar?: This icon appeared after I replaced my motherboard 3 weeks ago. Never seen such icon before. No idea how to remove it. I think I have some sort of pathological minimalism or OCD and it's really bothersome....
  4. How can I remove the "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" icon from my taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. if I remove Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 x86 will effect on ETABS, Auto Cad, SAFE, and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    if I remove Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 x86 will effect on ETABS, Auto Cad, SAFE, and...: I have problem to update to install a new software , a message appear that Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 exist and can't install if I remove Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 x86 will effect on ETABS, Auto Cad, SAFE, and other software ?Thanks...
  6. if I remove Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 x86 will effect on ETABS, Auto Cad, SAFE, and...

if I remove Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 x86 will effect on ETABS, Auto Cad, SAFE, and...: I have problem to update to install a new software , a message appear that Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 exist and can't install if I remove Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 x86 will effect on ETABS, Auto Cad, SAFE, and other software ?Thanks...
  7. Remove SAFE MODE password screen.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remove SAFE MODE password screen.: I accidentally added a password login when I was in SAFE MODE. Now it appears before my computer will boot up. I know what the password is but I just want to remove the "Enter Password" screen. Windows 10, iSmart SMTB 4100....
  8. Remove SAFE MODE password screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove SAFE MODE password screen.: I accidentally added a password login when I was in SAFE MODE. Now it appears before my computer will boot up. I know what the password is but I just want to remove the "Enter Password" screen. Windows 10, iSmart SMTB 4100....
  9. Remove SAFE MODE password screen.

10. How to recover Sound and Message Safe to remove hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recover Sound and Message Safe to remove hardware: Tonight I was removing my USB external drive for the second time in about a half hour when the sound and message did not play. What happened? The hardware icon disappeared from the Systray but there was no sound and safe message. First it worked and then half an hour later...