Windows 10: Safe to upgrade to Windows 10?

Discus and support Safe to upgrade to Windows 10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I tried to upgrade my laptop to windows 10 last March, during the upgrade it got stuck at a certain percentage at which it crashed. I had to go to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mjnk, Jul 7, 2016.

1. mjnk Win User

Safe to upgrade to Windows 10?

I tried to upgrade my laptop to windows 10 last March, during the upgrade it got stuck at a certain percentage at which it crashed. I had to go to a computer-store to get it fixed, they've put Windows 8.1 back on.

Is it safe to upgrade now? Especially since Windows 10 is only free until the 29th of July. Sorry if a similar issue has been posted before, but I could not find it. My laptop specs are:

Toshiba Sattelite S50-B-12R
    i7-4510U
    AMD Radeon R7 M260
    16GB RAM
    Regular 1TB Hard drive

Many thanks in advance!

:)

mjnk, Jul 7, 2016

2. Rotation Lock button is gone from Action Center

By the way, Acer seems not doing good on their products. This is my second one from Acer, I have a Predator 8 tablet and the same it has problem that need to be brought back to manufacture repair within one year. Lucky that was still warranty. To me that
    it is 100% chance product will fail. I would never touch any Acer product again!!!

upgrade vista to win7, Jul 7, 2016
  3. Rotation Lock button is gone from Action Center

I don't when it starts to happen since I am using my tab like a desktop most of the time. Couple weeks ago I started finding my Acer tab Switch SA5-271 cannot rotate the screen at all.

Trying to enable it from Action Center but the button is gone.

I also tried to look for it in the Display setting, the switch button is also gone under the Landscape Orientation.

I looked for it from "Notifications & actions" setting to try to add the button back to Action Center, the Rotation On/Off switch is not available.

So I started to find the latest update from Acer and Microsoft, it is now with everything up to date but it is still no helping. No auto screen rotation at all.

Does any have the same issue and know how to solve it?

Thanks,

Raymond

upgrade vista to win7, Jul 7, 2016
  4. Kyhi Win User

download the windows 10 ISO Tech Bench
    and then run the setup.exe file within your current OS to upgrade manually

Kyhi, Jul 7, 2016
  5. Steve C Win User
    Please post the error you got when the installation crashed and someone may be able to advise. Some installation problems are nothing to do with Windows 10 which sis now reasonably stable. I had a failed Windows 10 installation due to a problem with on of my hidden system partitions in Windows 8.1.

Steve C, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Safe to upgrade to Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Safe upgrade

2. Failed Upgrade Windows The installation failed in the SAFE-OS phase with an error during...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Failed Upgrade Windows The installation failed in the SAFE-OS phase with an error during...: 0x8007042b - 0x2000dThe installation failed in the SAFE-OS phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation.My log file herehttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AoHpKABa-wjSgV0vzZqFefoCingS?e=bV1SKf...
  3. Failed Upgrade Windows The installation failed in the SAFE-OS phase with an error during...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failed Upgrade Windows The installation failed in the SAFE-OS phase with an error during...: 0x8007042b - 0x2000dThe installation failed in the SAFE-OS phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation.My log file herehttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AoHpKABa-wjSgV0vzZqFefoCingS?e=bV1SKf...
  4. Failed Upgrade Windows The installation failed in the SAFE-OS phase with an error during...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. is it safe to upgrade from win 10 to win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is it safe to upgrade from win 10 to win 11: Is it safe to upgrade from windows 10 to 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-safe-to-upgrade-from-win-10-to-win-11/c3a11599-9be6-4cf3-b55b-4a3b547b72ca
  6. is it safe to upgrade from win 10 to win 11

is it safe to upgrade from win 10 to win 11: Is it safe to upgrade from windows 10 to 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-safe-to-upgrade-from-win-10-to-win-11/c3a11599-9be6-4cf3-b55b-4a3b547b72ca
  7. is it safe to upgrade from win 10 to win 11

8. Can't get into safe mode and stuck in a blur screen loop when trying to upgrade to Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get into safe mode and stuck in a blur screen loop when trying to upgrade to Win 11: I have tried to upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11 and during the upgrade my pc blue screened and now it is stuck in a loop of "undoing changes made to your computer" for around 10 minutes before blue screening again and restarting. I have seen there is a potential fix by...
  9. Can't get into safe mode and stuck in a blur screen loop when trying to upgrade to Win 11

Can't get into safe mode and stuck in a blur screen loop when trying to upgrade to Win 11: I have tried to upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11 and during the upgrade my pc blue screened and now it is stuck in a loop of "undoing changes made to your computer" for around 10 minutes before blue screening again and restarting. I have seen there is a potential fix by...
  10. Win 10->11 upgrade error: 0xC1900101 - 0x20017 Installation failed during safe OS phase...

Win 10->11 upgrade error: 0xC1900101 - 0x20017 Installation failed during safe OS phase...: I am trying to upgrade Windows 10 to Windows 11 on my laptop. Specs:HP Envy x360 Convertible 15-ds1xxxProcessor AMD Ryzen 5 4500U with Radeon Graphics 2.38 GHzInstalled RAM 32.0 GB 31.4 GB usableSystem type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processorRegardless of whether I...