Windows 10: SafeBoot Entry Showing in Autoruns

Discus and support SafeBoot Entry Showing in Autoruns in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I happened to run Autoruns and noticed the first entry showing as: "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\AlternateShell" "" "" ""... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by johnpd, Oct 13, 2017.

1. johnpd Win User

SafeBoot Entry Showing in Autoruns

I happened to run Autoruns and noticed the first entry showing as:

"HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\AlternateShell" "" "" "" "6/17/2017 1:07 AM" ""
    + "cmd.exe" "Windows Command Processor" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe" "5/30/2017 3:10 AM" ""

I have never seen this before. I recently installed v13.80 so it seems to have popped up in that version. Anyone see this before? I don't think it is malicious.

JohnD

:)

johnpd, Oct 13, 2017

2. windows 10 start up problem

Hi,

Did you use Autoruns? It shows all the startup locations and entries.

Rob - SpiritX

SpiritX MS MVP, Oct 13, 2017
  3. 'c:/windows/system32/cmd.exe' keeps flashing up every few minutes

I just installed Autoruns and right at the very top, there it is, listed under "HKLM/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Control/SafeBoot/AlternateShell.

I unchecked it and reboot but didn't help.

Then I deleted it and reboot but still nothing has changed...

sleazefrenzy, Oct 13, 2017
  4. Steve C Win User

Steve C, Oct 14, 2017
  5. lx07 Win User
    I see it (if "show empty locations" is unticked) in 13.80

I can't remember seeing it before but then I always have that option ticked.

lx07, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. SafeBoot Entry Showing in Autoruns - Similar Threads - SafeBoot Entry Showing

2. AUTORUN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AUTORUN: HiWhat is this for found in my downloaded areaThank youTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autorun/3e7ac7b4-73d9-4033-abfe-b20cef58bae4
  3. Is it normal for some Microsoft entries to appear as not verified on autoruns?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it normal for some Microsoft entries to appear as not verified on autoruns?: I was checking around autoruns and wasn't sure if this was normal. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-normal-for-some-microsoft-entries-to-appear/d3990e1e-ea59-434c-bd5c-77b7f17137d6
  4. Is it normal for some Microsoft entries to appear as not verified on autoruns?

Is it normal for some Microsoft entries to appear as not verified on autoruns?: I was checking around autoruns and wasn't sure if this was normal. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-normal-for-some-microsoft-entries-to-appear/d3990e1e-ea59-434c-bd5c-77b7f17137d6
  5. Is it normal for some Microsoft entries to appear as not verified on autoruns?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Task scheduler/Safeboot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Task scheduler/Safeboot: My computer is having corruption and disk problems and I’ve been doing everything i can to sort it out. Im trying to cleanly uninstall some programs in safe mode. Ive already added windows installer and scheduler to the correct path but scheduler seems to not want it to...
  7. Autoruns Entry..File Not found

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Autoruns Entry..File Not found: I was doing my daily auto runs check and immediately noticed a new entry in yellow file not found Name=fiddvr64 It's supposed to be in System32\fiddvr64.sys. Anyone know what is? TYIA [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  8. Autoruns: Puzzling entries

Autoruns: Puzzling entries: I don't recall seeing these entries before, but what is puzzling me is the timestamp - 1975? [img] *Confused 128580
  9. Missing Livessp Entry in Autoruns LSA Providers Tab?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Missing Livessp Entry in Autoruns LSA Providers Tab?: I found this missing entry for livessp in the LSA Providers tab when running Autoruns. Does anyone know what this is and whther its important? [img] 65208
  10. "n/a" entry in Autoruns listings: what is it?

in Windows 10 Support
    "n/a" entry in Autoruns listings: what is it?: Hi! Today I noticed something that wasn't there in past days: "n/a" entries in Autoruns in HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components and HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components Respective registry entries:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what is cmd.exe safeboot alternateshell entery in atorun

2. windows 10 registry safeboot\alternateshell

3. windows sysnative control safeboot alternateshell

4. new cmd.exe file in autorun entry,
  5. HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\AlternateShell 3/19/2019 7:53 AM ,
  6. HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\AlternateShell