Windows 10: SafeDisc retail DRM does not work on Windows 10 and is disabled by default when the...

Discus and support SafeDisc retail DRM does not work on Windows 10 and is disabled by default when the... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Making me have problems with the game "Battlefield Vietnam" to be precise. Quoted from the pc gaming wiki on BF:Vietnam: "SafeDisc retail DRM does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JayTee3, Jan 12, 2019.

1. JayTee3 Win User

SafeDisc retail DRM does not work on Windows 10 and is disabled by default when the...

Making me have problems with the game "Battlefield Vietnam" to be precise.

Quoted from the pc gaming wiki on BF:Vietnam: "SafeDisc retail DRM does not work on Windows 10 and is disabled by default on Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1 when the KB3086255 update is installed."

Talking with a support agent (before us disconnecting due to me forgetting about it), they wanted to check my machine and the update with it? Odd and they wanted to control my computer which I found very weird.

Due to this update (which has been since vista), you can not launch the game battlefield vietnam or play it due to the DRM not being able to detect if there is a disc or not. Yes there are work arounds like No-CD cracks but I just was hoping microsoft could fix this?

Edit: This also stops games like Age of empires 2 from running as well

:)

JayTee3, Jan 12, 2019
  2. XERXESII Win User
    XERXESII, Jan 12, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 12, 2019
  4. Dacur Win User

SafeDisc retail DRM does not work on Windows 10 and is disabled by default when the...

Dacur, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

1. SafeDisc retail DRM does not work on Windows 10 and is disabled by default when the... - Similar Threads - SafeDisc retail DRM

2. Windows 10 Retail License Key not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Retail License Key not Working: I just built a new pc. My old laptop has the retail version of Windows 10, and I understand that it means that I can transfer my license to the new PC. I uninstalled and deactivated the license on my old laptop, but when I entered the 25 digit key on my new PC, it said that...
  3. Windows 10 Retail License Key not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Retail License Key not Working: I just built a new pc. My old laptop has the retail version of Windows 10, and I understand that it means that I can transfer my license to the new PC. I uninstalled and deactivated the license on my old laptop, but when I entered the 25 digit key on my new PC, it said that...
  4. Windows 10 Retail License Key not Working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Microsoft Safedisc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Safedisc: Hi,I've recently chosen to reinstall some software I purchased a while ago. It uses "safedisc" to verify the DVD is genuine there are 8 DVDs.Apparently Microsoft have not built this into Windows 10 and I have hundreds of pounds worth of original software, which would...
  6. DRM Tool not working for Windows 10

DRM Tool not working for Windows 10: OK, I got a machine just to run Windows 10 so I can run the Digital Right and it does not work. I keep getting this error:The pDRM service returned an invalid response, or no response was received.PLEASE HELP!!K.L....
  7. DRM

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DRM: Good day all, I trust that everyone is doing well and rising above the circumstances COVID-19 i do hope and trust that this mail find the team and family in good health......my purpose for writing today is that whenever I want to watch certain news feeds or stations they are...
  8. DRM Encryption button not working in Outlook

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    DRM Encryption button not working in Outlook: Dear Support, I'm forwarded to you from the Office 365 Support team Ticket #:18352939, so please don't sent me back to them since they can't repair the Outlook installations on my Windows Machine. The Office 365 support team conclude my issue as following: "Since the...
  9. Windows 10 Won’t Run Games Using SafeDisc Or Securom DRM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Won’t Run Games Using SafeDisc Or Securom DRM: Just posting this as apparently it was intentional for security reasons that Windows 10 does not support disc based games that used these old DRM methods. Windows 10 Wont Run Games Using SafeDisc Or Securom DRM | Rock, Paper, Shotgun 17212
  10. Setting Program defaults does not work in my Windows 10

Setting Program defaults does not work in my Windows 10: My two most important defaults are: Browser Emails My only default has to be Firefox and is set as default. But, the check box will not uncheck so it asks me every time. This is a NEW problem as it was not like this a month ago. EMAILS: When on a web page that has an...