Windows 10: Safely Disable/Turn off TPM 2.0?

Discus and support Safely Disable/Turn off TPM 2.0? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; To prepare for Windows 11 roll-out, I enabled TPM 2.0 in BIOS on my Win 10 Pro system. I've decided to hold off on updating to Win 11, and would like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Steve614, Oct 19, 2021.

1. Steve614 Win User

Safely Disable/Turn off TPM 2.0?

To prepare for Windows 11 roll-out, I enabled TPM 2.0 in BIOS on my Win 10 Pro system. I've decided to hold off on updating to Win 11, and would like to disable the TPM again. To my knowledge, nothing is using or has used the TPM since it was enabled, so can I safely disable TPM in BIOS? Thanks!

:)

Steve614, Oct 19, 2021
  2. idgat Win User

TPM support

I couldn't find "TPM" or "Trusted Platform Module" listed in any BIOS setting on 2 of my laptops. Got the mobo ID from system specs and did a bit of searching ... ah, there it is, not actually called that exactly, but same thing, and was disabled. Enabled ... booted up, ran tpm.msc. Bingo! Alive and well.

Your search engine will be your friend (one of mine even had a YouTube step-by-step how to access the BIOS, what to look for, etc).

idgat, Oct 19, 2021
  3. Cannot Turn on TPM

Yesterday the TPM was locked on my laptop.

Following expiration of the lock-out period I updated the TPM from 1.2 to 2.0 in the bios.

Now when I try and prepare the TPM I get the error message detailed in the picture.

I have tried a number of actions to rectify including the following:

• Turned TPM off and on
    • Disabled and Enabled TPM
    • Cleared the TPM

Any ideas on how to rectify this?

The only thing to mention is that I updated the Bios to the latest version earlier in the week then I did the TPM Bios update.

Safely Disable/Turn off TPM 2.0? [​IMG]

RobBoston83, Oct 19, 2021
  4. Safely Disable/Turn off TPM 2.0?

TPM update

Don't know if this is the right place for this thread but whatever, laptop informed me that " a firmware update is needed for you security processor (TPM)," now, i looked up what to do and from a microsoft support thing, the last step says to clear the tpm. it has a warning saying to back up my data, i would like to know what clearing the tpm does, and what measures i need to take to make sure nothing goes wrong.

ReeeeallyThough, Oct 19, 2021
Thema:

Safely Disable/Turn off TPM 2.0?

1. Safely Disable/Turn off TPM 2.0? - Similar Threads - Safely Disable Turn

2. My windows security keeps turning off or TPM is off and exploit protect turns off and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My windows security keeps turning off or TPM is off and exploit protect turns off and...: hello I hope someone knows how to fix the LSA protection is completely gone.I found other computers saying their LSA was just turned off even though it said it was turn on. And On my windows 11 home and has 22H2 updated I figured out where LSA should be at its completely gone...
  3. TPM 2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    TPM 2: One of my drives was disconnected when I upgraded to TPM 2 and when I reconnected it it wasn't visible.The BIOS struggled with something as it took the PC around 5 minutes to boot.Could TPM 2 have anything to do with it?...
  4. TPM 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TPM 2: One of my drives was disconnected when I upgraded to TPM 2 and when I reconnected it it wasn't visible.The BIOS struggled with something as it took the PC around 5 minutes to boot.Could TPM 2 have anything to do with it?...
  5. TPM 2

6. Safely Disable/Turn off TPM 2.0?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Safely Disable/Turn off TPM 2.0?: To prepare for Windows 11 roll-out, I enabled TPM 2.0 in BIOS on my Win 10 Pro system. I've decided to hold off on updating to Win 11, and would like to disable the TPM again. To my knowledge, nothing is using or has used the TPM since it was enabled, so can I safely disable...
  7. Safely Disable/Turn off TPM 2.0?

Safely Disable/Turn off TPM 2.0?: To prepare for Windows 11 roll-out, I enabled TPM 2.0 in BIOS on my Win 10 Pro system. I've decided to hold off on updating to Win 11, and would like to disable the TPM again. To my knowledge, nothing is using or has used the TPM since it was enabled, so can I safely disable...
  8. TPM is disabled but

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TPM is disabled but: is blacked out and i cannot change to enable please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tpm-is-disabled-but/6520b551-c4de-443e-8532-ce21bbe4628c
  9. TPM is disabled but

TPM is disabled but: is blacked out and i cannot change to enable please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tpm-is-disabled-but/6520b551-c4de-443e-8532-ce21bbe4628c
  10. Turning off safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Turning off safe mode: Dudes I encounter a lot of problems with Safe Mode. However I cannot turn off this feature. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/turning-off-safe-mode/1b25bdef-6575-451c-b76e-fa4b4c92226f