Windows 10: Safely Eject and Remove facility icon is not displayed on taskbar.

Discus and support Safely Eject and Remove facility icon is not displayed on taskbar. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The Eject icon is missing on my taskbar. I have noticed that the icon can reappear momentarily but when I try to click on this to open my disc drawer,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HazGB, Mar 10, 2021.

1. HazGB Win User

Safely Eject and Remove facility icon is not displayed on taskbar.

The Eject icon is missing on my taskbar. I have noticed that the icon can reappear momentarily but when I try to click on this to open my disc drawer, the option disappears and does not return.

I have looked on Device Manager and, there is a warning icon on USB Attached SCSI UAS Mass Storage Device. In the general details for this there is a message "Windows cannot use this hardware device because it has been prepared for "safe removal" but it has not been removed from the computer. Code 47 To fix this problem, unplug this device from your computer and then plug it in again.

I do not understand what I have to unplug and plug in. Can someone give me a Noddy's guide on what I must do. I was terrified when I read about Code 47 that this can lead to a catastrophic failure of the PC

:)

HazGB, Mar 10, 2021
  2. Mark Isi Win User

Missing Eject in "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" List

Hi Tze Lin Wong,

The configuration to this can be found under settings. To enable this feature follow these steps:

1. Right-click the taskbar and select Taskbar settings.
    2. Under Notification Area, choose
      Select which icons appear on the taskbar.
    3. Scroll to Windows Explorer: Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media
      and turn it on.

If this doesn't work, I suggest that you check with your USB drive manufacturer for new drivers or other updates.

All the best.

Mark Isi, Mar 10, 2021
  3. FrankS Win User
    Safely Remove Hardware icon missing

Hi
    In the last few days the 'Safely Remove Hardware' icon has gone missing from my Taskbar. Also, if I right-click on the USB stick or USB hard drive in 'This Computer' the Eject option is missing.
    In PC Settings/Personalisation/Taskbar/Notification area/Select which icons appear on the taskbar I have 'Always show all icons in the notification area' switched on & all items in the list are in the 'on' state including 'Windows Explorer (Safely Remove Hardware & Eject Media).
    Any suggestions?

FrankS, Mar 10, 2021
  4. OzFlipper Win User

'Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media' tray icon does not inform on successful ejection

Thanks, but that's not my problem.

As I said, I have the icon in the taskbar. But when I use it to eject something, I never get a response saying the device can be removed safely and the icon stays there forever.

If I do the eject from Explorer, then I get the "safe to remove" message and the Safely Remove Hardware icon goes away.,

Unfortunately I can only eject flash drives from Explorer, not removeable hard drives.

OzFlipper, Mar 10, 2021
Thema:

1. Safely Eject and Remove facility icon is not displayed on taskbar. - Similar Threads - Safely Eject Remove

2. How can I remove the "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" icon from my taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I remove the "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" icon from my taskbar?: This icon appeared after I replaced my motherboard 3 weeks ago. Never seen such icon before. No idea how to remove it. I think I have some sort of pathological minimalism or OCD and it's really bothersome....
  3. How can I remove the "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" icon from my taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I remove the "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" icon from my taskbar?: This icon appeared after I replaced my motherboard 3 weeks ago. Never seen such icon before. No idea how to remove it. I think I have some sort of pathological minimalism or OCD and it's really bothersome....
  4. How can I remove the "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" icon from my taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media: Since upgrading to Windows 10 v20H2 I have had problems ejecting all of my USB drives from the notification tray. They all show up in File Explorer and if I right click I can eject them from there. They do not show up in the list that appears when I click "Safely Remove...
  6. Remove ""Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media"

Remove ""Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media": Is there any way to remove the "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" icon? I tried with the batch file & changing in the settings but both do not work, batch file gives me an error and in settings, it just does not appear in "Turn system icons on or off". Also if this is...
  7. Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media: Hi everyone. I have got a new PC with windows 10 on it however, when I attach an external hard drive to it and need to remove it, I click on "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media". everything goes normal but I do not get the message that say "Save to remove hardware". I...
  8. Safely remove harware and eject media

Safely remove harware and eject media: My icon to safely remove hardware had disappeared. Went to taskbar settings and it shows that Windows Explorer Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media is turned on. I turned that off and back on no icon. I did a System Restore and it returned. Next day still there. Today...
  9. Restoring "Safely Remove Hardware" icon to Taskbar

Restoring "Safely Remove Hardware" icon to Taskbar: Hi everyone..... Frustrated here as I have been trying to restore the "Safely Remove Hardware" icon to my Taskbar. I operate Windows 10 and use Firefox as my browser. I have searched extensively and found answers......none of them work for me......HELP! Please do not...
  10. Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media: Over the last several days, I have been installing and grooming Windows 10 and other programs on my PC. Suddenly and for no apparent reason the taskbar icon "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" disappeared. I typically have an external harddrive plugged in to a rear USB...