Windows 10: safely remove device

Discus and support safely remove device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I want to safely remove USB device. The icon is on the task bar but turned off in settings, how do I turn it on ? Thanks John... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JohnTurnbull2, Oct 9, 2018.

1. safely remove device

Hi

I want to safely remove USB device. The icon is on the task bar but turned off in settings, how do I turn it on ?

Thanks John

:)

JohnTurnbull2, Oct 9, 2018
  2. Pavan_N Win User

"Safely removing devices" not working in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Are you referring to Safely remove device icon or notification?

If you are referring about icon. Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Right click on the empty space on the Taskbar and select Properties.
    • Under Notification area click on Customize.
    • Under Notifications and actions Click Select which icons to appear on taskbar.
    • Turn on Windows Explorer option. By turning this on you will get an icon on the taskbar.

You may also refer the link below suggested by Ruth Buruga on October 10, 2015
    and follow the steps.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ce-win10/fcd832fa-d8c6-409d-9f29-ec0845e09ceb

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pavan_N, Oct 9, 2018
  3. Safely Remove Hardware - Windows 10

Hi Grant,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have concern about the how to safely removal of external device from Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you to provide you valuable suggestion in the feedback app.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Type "Windows Feedback" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Then provide your suggestion.

We can also removely safely the external pen drives or external hard drive through below steps.

1. Open File Explorer.

2. It will show the list of Drives available on the computer, then right click on the external drive which you want to remove safely.

3. The click on Eject option from the list.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Oct 9, 2018
  4. DaDaniel2 Win User

safely remove device

Device is not recognized by WMDC 6.1 after return to cradle after safe removal.

Maybe I'm just missing a step but when I remove my device (Sprint Mogul/HTC PPC-6800) from the cradle *after* having done the procedure for the safe removal ("Safely Remove Hardware") it will re-recognize the device when reattached, but WMDC does not.

I have to power down the device, and start it back up in order for this device to be recognized by WMDC, which seems unnecesary to me.

Many thanks for any suggestions and advice.

Daniel

DaDaniel2, Oct 9, 2018
Thema:

safely remove device

1. safely remove device - Similar Threads - safely remove device

2. Safely remove device still not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Safely remove device still not working: Brand new laptop and no possible external causes for this bug except the Windows 11 bug: there is no way to safely eject an external device without getting the error "This device is currently in use". According to all available help sites like ghacks.net and Deskmodder,...
  3. Safely remove device still not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Safely remove device still not working: Brand new laptop and no possible external causes for this bug except the Windows 11 bug: there is no way to safely eject an external device without getting the error "This device is currently in use". According to all available help sites like ghacks.net and Deskmodder,...
  4. Safe Removal of USB devices not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Safe Removal of USB devices not working: A while ago I paused updates on my computer. I found that many of them were more troublesome than their worth, not helpful, or just annoying. For instance, do we all remember when they got rid of the ability to change the screen brightness without having to go into settings?...
  5. Are these safe to remove

in Windows 10 Support
    Are these safe to remove: Hi Guys I have on my pc the following items and I want to know if its safe to remove. As far as I know, I do not have/use any Apple products or machines. Apple Application Support 64 bit Apple Mobile Device Support Apple Software Update W 10 of course 159676
  6. Safe to remove XVD devices?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Safe to remove XVD devices?: Hey, I recently just learned that these XVD drives that show up in device manager are virtual disks used to store and run games which are natively Xbox games, but that you can also install on your PC via the Windows Store. I cam across 1 thread with someone else asking what...
  7. Removing Hard Drive from device safely!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Removing Hard Drive from device safely!: I can't remove my hdd without formatting, It's always showing the device is currently in use. I've tried restarting windows explorer from task management, uninstalling/disabling the drive from device manager, restarting the system, but nothing works. The hdd drive H isn't...
  8. Safe to remove

in Windows 10 Support
    Safe to remove: On 1 of 4 1809 machines, I lost the "safe to remove message" The ports are ok and the stick is ok because the led goes out. Does anyone have a fix that "really" works ? Thanks 125584
  9. Is it Safe to Remove Duplicates from Device Manager?

Is it Safe to Remove Duplicates from Device Manager?: In device manager I got several drivers with the same name. Are these duplicates and can I delete them leaving only one of course? Look at the screenshot. Circled in red you'll find the duplicates. 75252
  10. message to safely remove usb device

message to safely remove usb device: I need to get back the notification that I can safely remove a USB pen drive, the notification that happens in the lower right hand corner of the screen. I think I used to have it but somehow turned it off. thanks 54542