Windows 10: Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media...my video card???

Discus and support Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media...my video card??? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Okay, a puzzler... My taskbar shows that I can "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media". Funny...I don't have anything plugged in. Selecting the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by iamc3k, Feb 10, 2016.

1. iamc3k Win User

Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media...my video card???

Okay, a puzzler...

My taskbar shows that I can "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media". Funny...I don't have anything plugged in. Selecting the message tells me that I can "Eject Nvidia GTX 970". Wouldn't that be odd? It's the friggin' video card!

I'm partly ready to select that option, just to see what the computer would do. Oh, that's right: without a video card, I wouldn't be able to see what the computer is doing...

Why, MS, why? Why does Windows 10 think that my PCIe card, the only one that's been in this machine, the one that's been there BEFORE W10 came along, why does W10 want to eject my card?

Ken

:)

iamc3k, Feb 10, 2016

2. When I eject media safe to remove hardware message does not appear

I do not get the safe to remove hardware popup message after I eject the media attached to my laptop. I used to get it but now I don't. The safely remove hardware and eject media icon remain on the task
    bar. Can you please tell me how to fix this? Thanks.

Vesperridium, Feb 10, 2016
  3. Safely remove hardware and eject media

Downloaded and did a full scan when I went to work, nothing was found

Jack Smook, Feb 10, 2016
  4. OldMike65 Win User

That's not a bug in Windows but its a bug in Nvidia's driver update. Nvidia has released a new update that fixes that msg. Check on Nvidia's web site for the updated fix. *Smile

OldMike65, Feb 10, 2016
  5. Gramps Win User
    Gramps, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media...my video card??? - Similar Threads - Safely Remove Hardware

2. "Safely remove hardware and eject media" issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Safely remove hardware and eject media" issue: Hello, I have problem. This showed up on my taskbar and it stayed awhile. [ATTACH] What should I do? Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safely-remove-hardware-and-eject-media-issue/47114385-afc9-4a73-a62b-6cc7b28384f0
  3. Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media

Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media: Since upgrading to Windows 10 v20H2 I have had problems ejecting all of my USB drives from the notification tray. They all show up in File Explorer and if I right click I can eject them from there. They do not show up in the list that appears when I click "Safely Remove...
  4. Remove ""Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove ""Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media": Is there any way to remove the "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" icon? I tried with the batch file & changing in the settings but both do not work, batch file gives me an error and in settings, it just does not appear in "Turn system icons on or off". Also if this is...
  5. "Safely remove hardware and eject media" problem

"Safely remove hardware and eject media" problem: When I press the icon, these show up. I believe this icon should disappear unless external device is connected. Please help. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safely-remove-hardware-and-eject-media-problem/acda70b5-9bdc-46ab-b7b5-4aa25e690ea7
  6. Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media: Hi everyone. I have got a new PC with windows 10 on it however, when I attach an external hard drive to it and need to remove it, I click on "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media". everything goes normal but I do not get the message that say "Save to remove hardware". I...
  7. Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media not working

Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media not working: "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" Notification is not working, has anyone else had this issue with 1809. I like the feature as I've had a couple of bad experiences pulling a drive out when it was not ready. Sure the little Drive Icon goes away but I like the...
  8. Safely Remove Hardware/Eject Media

in Windows 10 Customization
    Safely Remove Hardware/Eject Media: When using this feature in Windows 10, I used to get an on-screen message saying when it was safe to disconnect the device. Several months ago I stopped getting this message. Any ideas why?...
  9. Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media

Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media: Over the last several days, I have been installing and grooming Windows 10 and other programs on my PC. Suddenly and for no apparent reason the taskbar icon "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" disappeared. I typically have an external harddrive plugged in to a rear USB...
  10. SD card slot 'ejected' when "Safely remove hardware and eject media " selected

SD card slot 'ejected' when "Safely remove hardware and eject media " selected: This question has been hanging around for at least 5 years, but as far as I can discover, there has never been a successful solution. Having migrated from Windows 7 (where everything worked) - to Windows 10, I now have this problem. My PC is an up-to-date quad-core CPU...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. safely remove hardware and eject media nvidia gpu