Windows 10: "Safely Remove Hardware" has disappeared.

Discus and support "Safely Remove Hardware" has disappeared. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How do I get back my ability to safely remove my USB device? It seems to have vanished.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by IlonaG1#, Mar 8, 2019.

1. IlonaG1# Win User

"Safely Remove Hardware" has disappeared.

How do I get back my ability to safely remove my USB device? It seems to have vanished.

:)

IlonaG1#, Mar 8, 2019

2. Safely Remove Hardware tool

Thank you for the update, Murray. Since you mentioned that you've already tried running the rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL hotplug.dll command to no avail, we suggest that you create a shortcut or even a batch file using the same command. Just run
    the shortcut or batch file and see if the Safely Remove Hardware dialog window will appear. To create a shortcut, follow these steps:

• Right-click on the desktop and click on New > Shortcut.
    • In the Type the location of the item box, type in, or copy and paste the following command:
      • rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL hotplug.dll
    • Click Next and then give it a name like Safely Remove Hardware, and then click on
      Finish.

Keep us in the loop.

Aileen Alf, Mar 8, 2019
  3. Safe to remove hardware in Windows10

I have a Surface 3 and Windows 10. I was able to remove USB or other hardware normally, with a right-click in Hidden Icons and then "Safely remove..."

Starting about two weeks ago, when I click the Hidden Icons/Safely remove... I get only a white square, with nothing in it. I must "Open my computer", select the hardware that I need and click "Eject".

I know that the connected hardware is detected in the white square, because if I click somewhere in there, that hardware (flash drive, external HD, etc) will disappear from the list in My Computer, but there is no way to know what or where is registered
    in the white square (yes, I repeat "white square" because that is the way it looks)

Any ideas or suggestions why is this happening? How can I correct it?

Mariatina BLA, Mar 8, 2019
  4. Ztruker Win User

Ztruker, Mar 8, 2019
Thema:

1. "Safely Remove Hardware" has disappeared. - Similar Threads - Safely Remove Hardware

2. "Safe to Remove Hardware"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Safe to Remove Hardware": Windows11 "Safe to Remove Hardware" The Icon appears when ask to eject but the "Safe to Remove Hardware" does not show to remove. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safe-to-remove-hardware/b6fed1d0-bcf2-4c97-8d1c-e18aba09f305
  3. Safely remove Hardware

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Safely remove Hardware: I am sure that I do not use the external hardware however, when I want to remove it, I receive a message that " This device is currently in use. Close any program....". I checked the "Task Manager" and could not find an open program/window using it. How can I find which...
  4. The "Safely Remove Hardware" icon has disappeared.

The "Safely Remove Hardware" icon has disappeared.: The icon used to appear in my System Tray. And it does not show up with "Show Hidden Icons". How do I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-safely-remove-hardware-icon-has-disappeared/ce5dee78-7fae-4dbd-83f0-6290813824e6
  5. Safely Remove Hardware

in Windows 10 Customization
    Safely Remove Hardware: I don't see the safely remove hardware icon on my Windows 10 taskbar. After checking the list of available icons in settings, it's missing in action! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safely-remove-hardware/786e43ce-bb75-4ccd-92f6-c2b5e10060c7
  6. Safe to remove hardware?

in Windows 10 Support
    Safe to remove hardware?: I often use pen drives for certain purposes, and after ejecting the drive using the "safely remove hardware" icon on the task bar, I used to get an all clear message pop up on the lower right screen telling me it was safe to remove the pen drive! This message no longer...
  7. safely remove hardware icon disappeared from taskbar.

safely remove hardware icon disappeared from taskbar.: Currently I have to wrench to usb flash drive to remove it 126636
  8. safely remove hardware icon disappeared from taskbar.

in Windows 10 Support
    safely remove hardware icon disappeared from taskbar.: Currently I have to wrench to usb flash drive to remove it 126636
  9. Safely Remove Hardware Icon disappears

Safely Remove Hardware Icon disappears: When, while in my user account, I mount two external drives on my pc, the Safely Remove Hardware icon appears in the Taskbar. If I eject one drive, the Safely Remove Hardware icon often, not always, disappears. The icon is still visible if I click the upward arrow in the...
  10. Safely Remove Hardware Icon in Taskbar has disappeared

Safely Remove Hardware Icon in Taskbar has disappeared: My friend has lost the Safely Remove icon on her main computer, a newer desktop with Windows 10. I could not find a way/place to restore it. Please help. And thanks. 79757