Windows 10: safely remove hardware icon disappeared from taskbar.

Discus and support safely remove hardware icon disappeared from taskbar. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Currently I have to wrench to usb flash drive to remove it 126636 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by poveretto, Feb 5, 2019.

1. poveretto Win User

safely remove hardware icon disappeared from taskbar.

Currently I have to wrench to usb flash drive to remove it

:)

poveretto, Feb 5, 2019
  2. siennait Win User

Safely Remove Hardware Icon in Taskbar has disappeared

In searching for a "permanent" solution to the missing taskbar icon for safely removing hardware, I found this rather old thread. (If there is a newer one with better information, please do not consider this post or move it to the appropriate thread).

The following is a "temporary" solution which I have been using for quite a while:

Right click on taskbar.
    Click on Task Manager.
    In Processes, go down to Windows Explorer.
    On the lower right, click on restart.
    Exit Task Manager

safely remove hardware icon disappeared from taskbar. [​IMG]

The icon reappears in the taskbar and remains until the computer is shut down. Unfortunately, (nearly) every time you turn the computer back on, the icon has gone missing again. At any rate, if you don't want to change the registry or add short cuts to the desktop (as in some of the solutions Ztruker has kindly suggested), this is a quick workaround. Naturally, before doing anything else, the icon for "Windows Explorer - Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" must be turned on in Settings under "Select which icons appear on the taskbar".

Presently, this is in Win 10 Pro version 1709, and previously worked in version 1703.

siennait, Feb 5, 2019
  3. Safely remove hardware icon

Hi Cynthia,

For us to properly isolate the missing "Safely Remove Hardware icon" issue, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • When did the issue first begin?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Normally, this icon isn’t missing and it’s most likely hidden in your Taskbar. To reveal this icon, you may click the arrow in the bottom right corner to show more sysbar icons. If it is available, you may pin it to your Taskbar by following the steps below:

• Connect a USB flash drive or any other removable storage to your PC.
    • Click the arrow in the bottom right corner to expand the sysbar section.
    • Now locate Safely Remove Hardware icon and drag it to your Taskbar.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Feb 5, 2019
  4. safely remove hardware icon disappeared from taskbar.

Safely Remove Hardware Icon disappears

When, while in my user account, I mount two external drives on my pc, the Safely Remove Hardware icon appears in the Taskbar.

If I eject one drive, the Safely Remove Hardware icon often, not always, disappears. The icon is still visible if I click the upward arrow in the Taskbar, but I can't do anything with the icon. How can I now eject the second external drive?

If I log into my administrator account, the Safely Remove Hardware icon is visible in the Taskbar and I can eject the second external drive. I do not really want to have to switch to accounts just to remove the second the drive.

How can I eject more than one external drive without losing the Safely Remove Hardware icon in the Taskbar?

battlezone, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

safely remove hardware icon disappeared from taskbar.

1. safely remove hardware icon disappeared from taskbar. - Similar Threads - safely remove hardware

2. The "Safely Remove Hardware" icon has disappeared.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The "Safely Remove Hardware" icon has disappeared.: The icon used to appear in my System Tray. And it does not show up with "Show Hidden Icons". How do I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-safely-remove-hardware-icon-has-disappeared/ce5dee78-7fae-4dbd-83f0-6290813824e6
  3. Safely Remove Hardware icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Safely Remove Hardware icon: I have my USB device set for "better performance"; yet I can't get the Safely Remove icon to appear on my taskbar. I can see it only by going to "Show hidden icons." How can I get this icon to appear on the taskbar, or on the Windows list of "Select which icons appear on the...
  4. Safely Remove Hardware icon

Safely Remove Hardware icon: I cannot display Safely Remove icon on my taskbar. It is turned on in Settings/Select which icons appear - but does not appear. It is not showing in Hidden Icons. ??????...
  5. safely remove hardware icon disappeared from taskbar.

safely remove hardware icon disappeared from taskbar.: Currently I have to wrench to usb flash drive to remove it 126636
  6. Restoring "Safely Remove Hardware" icon to Taskbar

Restoring "Safely Remove Hardware" icon to Taskbar: Hi everyone..... Frustrated here as I have been trying to restore the "Safely Remove Hardware" icon to my Taskbar. I operate Windows 10 and use Firefox as my browser. I have searched extensively and found answers......none of them work for me......HELP! Please do not...
  7. safely remove hardware icon

safely remove hardware icon: where is safely remove hardware icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/safely-remove-hardware-icon/b1cc5b40-80b4-4081-94b1-ca06b4acb523
  8. Safely Remove Hardware Icon disappears

Safely Remove Hardware Icon disappears: When, while in my user account, I mount two external drives on my pc, the Safely Remove Hardware icon appears in the Taskbar. If I eject one drive, the Safely Remove Hardware icon often, not always, disappears. The icon is still visible if I click the upward arrow in the...
  9. Safely remove hardware icon

Safely remove hardware icon: Is it possible to permanently get rid of this annoying little icon? So far, i have found this program to get rid of it, but i think its a bit silly to have a program installed just to get rid of the icon. 116907
  10. Safely Remove Hardware Icon in Taskbar has disappeared

Safely Remove Hardware Icon in Taskbar has disappeared: My friend has lost the Safely Remove icon on her main computer, a newer desktop with Windows 10. I could not find a way/place to restore it. Please help. And thanks. 79757

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sysbar section dissapeart

2. sysbar section disappeared