Safely Remove not wkring properly

Discus and support Safely Remove not wkring properly in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Since the 1803 update, Safely Remove is wonky. ASfter ejecting drive, I no longer get the 'Save to remove' popup. This ion my desktop pc. On my laptop,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by battlezone, May 28, 2018.

1. battlezone Win User

Since the 1803 update, Safely Remove is wonky. ASfter ejecting drive, I no longer get the 'Save to remove' popup. This ion my desktop pc. On my laptop, which has the same update installed, I do get the popup. Can I get the popup back on the desktop machine?

:)

battlezone, May 28, 2018
  2. Nyima Yonten Win User

Safely Remove Hardware - Windows 10

Hi Grant,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have concern about the how to safely removal of external device from Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you to provide you valuable suggestion in the feedback app.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Type "Windows Feedback" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Then provide your suggestion.

We can also removely safely the external pen drives or external hard drive through below steps.

1. Open File Explorer.

2. It will show the list of Drives available on the computer, then right click on the external drive which you want to remove safely.

3. The click on Eject option from the list.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, May 29, 2018
  3. geotso Win User
    Can't safely remove external disk

In reference to the steps of your suggestions:

• The issue is specific to the particular disk and it started after I've used the disk to save the System image backup (created with the Control Panel > File History tool).
    • I didn't disable any windows Service. I'm just wondering if there is any to disable.
    • Safe boot with networking, or clean boot doesn't resolve the issue.

Thank you.

geotso, May 29, 2018
Thema:

1. Safely Remove not wkring properly - Similar Threads - Safely Remove wkring

2. retrieving / recovering apps. removed while pc resets.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    retrieving / recovering apps. removed while pc resets.: Reviewed information on subject posted and seems easy enough to reinstall app. however, in particular how do I access the data that was saved to any particular app. ie have several years tax files. Worst comes to worst can I reset to a date prior to this episode?...
  3. Cannot remove old account from login screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot remove old account from login screen: When I turn on my computer I get the old user ID and have to click on new user ID on bottom left portion of screen to sign in with new user ID. How do I remove the old user ID from login screen?...
  4. How to remove my MS email account from a laptop I am returning ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to remove my MS email account from a laptop I am returning ?: I am returning an Acer laptop which I replaced with a new laptop. Before returning the defective laptop, I want to delete my MS account, etc. I have deleted all files but it still shows my administrator name which is my MS email name and email. How do I remove it?...
  5. How fo I remove an old user's files left sfter removimg the user? There's over 2 g of space...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How fo I remove an old user's files left sfter removimg the user? There's over 2 g of space...: I have old user files left after deleting user. How do i remove them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/how-fo-i-remove-an-old-users-files-left-sfter/32f5b559-f0f2-4796-b966-e32f59adad40"
  6. How to remove myself as administrator on Windows 10 account

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove myself as administrator on Windows 10 account: Hello, I am working as a temp at a company where when I signed onto Edge, I all of a sudden became administrator to this windows account. I don't know how it happened. I need to remove my personal account from this computer and am having an awful time doing so. Edge and...
  7. password not working in safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    password not working in safe mode: i wanted to use safeboot to uninstall avast just for general knowlege. i tried to do safe mode with networking and it didnt work i didnt have internet, i tired it wired and wireless (cuase im using a laptop) the password changing software cost 50 bucks sorry microsoft but...
  8. Chrome not working properly after windows 10 update 1803

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Chrome not working properly after windows 10 update 1803: After updating windows 10 1803(winver = 17134.228) when i opend chrome ant try to surf it giving error MICROSOFT EDGE IS WORKING PERFECTLY,i tryed many things suggested by others but that was not useful this site cant be reached Try: Checking the connection...
  9. How do I remove a RAID 1 configuration created by Intel RST on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I remove a RAID 1 configuration created by Intel RST on Windows 10?: G'day all, I have an Acer Predator G9-593 running Windows 10. I have a 256GB SSD and 2TB HDD and created a RAID 1 volume using Intel Rapid Store Technology. I want to return the drives back to the native configuration (break/disable the RAID 1), but am not having any luck....
  10. How do I hide/remove apps from "your apps" list? 2018

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I hide/remove apps from "your apps" list? 2018: VICVALE SAys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's 2025, and I thought all APP-lication of this problem would've been solve by now?? Wasn't the "APP-RAPTURE" - to TAKE PLACE, AND A-CARE... AROUND THIS TIME??? Or, would it be beyond 2045, WHEN NEW APP-GRADE OF APP-TITUDE WILL COME TO...