Windows 10: Safely Remove notification message not appearing

Discus and support Safely Remove notification message not appearing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I found out lately when I use the Safely Remove , I do not get the notification that the device can be removed. I had 'Show app notification' set to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by engkhsky, Jan 15, 2017.

1. engkhsky Win User

Safely Remove notification message not appearing

I found out lately when I use the Safely Remove , I do not get the notification that the device can be removed. I had 'Show app notification' set to on, but still it does not appear. Do anyone have the same problem or know a solution to it? I would like to get notified the device is safe to remove.

Thanks a lot!!

P.S I am using bitdefender, not sure if it will affect notification

:)

engkhsky, Jan 15, 2017
  2. rjpe Win User

Safe to remove hardware message no longer shows in Windows 10 Pro x64

need registry key to enable "safe to remove hardware" message in Windows 10. This message no longer appears after "Safely remove hardware and eject media" is selected from the notification area's icon. The system is working properly but is simply not displaying
    the "safe to remove message" which it previously did.

3. WylECyote Win User
    Safe to remove hardware message only shows in Windows 10 after second click

More on the Safe to remove message issue.

When I click 'Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media' it always results in a window with "Problem Ejecting USB Mass Storage Device" blah, blah, blah.

Disregard that and click 'Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media' again and the Safe to Remove Hardware notification appears.

This is consistent behavior; it always happens whether or not the device was in use. It isn't sometimes, it is every single time, whatever the device and regardless of it actually being in use.

Perhaps others could check to see if it is common to all WinX systems.

WylECyote, Jan 15, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

In File Explorer and right-click of the drive should be a choice for Eject, will that work?

Berton, Jan 15, 2017
  5. engkhsky Win User
    Well, only for flash drive, for portable harddisk, eject is grey out.

engkhsky, Jan 16, 2017
  6. Berton Win User
    I have 3 External USB drives connected and also do not have the Eject in File Explorer but do have it in the Notification Area. Haven't checked deeply but maybe it's something with having a static drive letter assigned?

Berton, Jan 16, 2017
  7. jumanji Win User

jumanji, Jan 17, 2017
  8. groze Win User
    I believe the cause for the balloon not showing for some is the definition updates for Windows 8, 10 defender, & Windows Microsoft Security Essentials for windows 7 sp1. On my windows 7 sp1, I have always show all icons and notification on the taskbar checked.

groze, Jan 17, 2017
  9. groze Win User
    @engkhsky Is your windows 10 32-bit or 64-bit system?

groze, Jan 20, 2017
  10. engkhsky Win User
    Win 10

engkhsky, Jan 31, 2017
  11. engkhsky Win User
    Guys, firstly thanks a lot! After spending few days time searching everywhere and trying every method, the problem is still there. However I found a solution, just create a new user account and in that new account, the notification message appeared when i eject my harddisk now. So I deleted away the old account, guess some thing is corrupted in that user account.

engkhsky, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Safely Remove notification message not appearing - Similar Threads - Safely Remove notification

2. Safely Remove MESSAGE missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Safely Remove MESSAGE missing: Hi there I've searched and found similar issues but no solution that fits. The issue seems to have started after the last Windows update although I can't be 100% on that. When I go to remove my Seagate Expansion external hard drive I can click on the 'safely remove'...
  3. No safely remove hardware notification

in Windows 10 Customization
    No safely remove hardware notification: No safely remove hardware notification, looked up the replies to this, found the real cause for me was "Focus Assist", turn of and now it works well Win 10 pro...
  4. No Notification to safely remove hardware

No Notification to safely remove hardware: When I insert a flash drive, I hear the notification sound but do not get a display notification in the notification area. When I use the icon to eject a flash drive I get no Safe to Remove notification. I get no notification. If I attempt to use the icon to eject a second...
  5. How to remove message notifications

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remove message notifications: So basically, I enable background recording on the xbox game bar because I sometimes make a great play but am not recording. However, whenever I switch to a game or to google or anything, it always tells me I'm recording in the background, even though I already know. How do I...
  6. "Safe to remove" USB notification bubble stopped appearing

"Safe to remove" USB notification bubble stopped appearing: Version 1903, OS build 18362.720 This problem seems to come around every once in a while, and it's mystery that seems designed to infuriate users. One way they do this is fixing something that wasn't broken in the last version. Another way is hiding things. Earlier today,...
  7. Safe to remove device message not appearing - windows 10

Safe to remove device message not appearing - windows 10: I click on the "Safely remove Hardware and eject media" and click on my device. There is no message telling me it is safe to remove. This just started happening this week. How do I get the message back?...
  8. USB 'Safe to remove' message never appears

USB 'Safe to remove' message never appears: This has happened only after I applied the 1703 update: I insert a USB drive. I click on the 'Safely Remove' icon in the notification area. I click 'Eject'. No 'Safe to remove' message appears. This behavior never varies, even if I don't read or write to the drive. What to...
  9. message to safely remove usb device

message to safely remove usb device: I need to get back the notification that I can safely remove a USB pen drive, the notification that happens in the lower right hand corner of the screen. I think I used to have it but somehow turned it off. thanks 54542
  10. Safely Remove Hardware notification not displayed

Safely Remove Hardware notification not displayed: When I use the Safely Remove Hardware to remove, for example a USB flash drive, I do not get the notification that the device can be removed. I used to get this in Win 8.1 and I still get it in Win 7. Is there a way to enable the message? (I know a lot of people don't...