Windows 10: Safely Remove SATA Drive in a DOCK?

Discus and support Safely Remove SATA Drive in a DOCK? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello ALL. I have Windows 10 PRO 1909 with all of the updates and added the Safely Remove Hardware shortcut. The problem is that I have a SATA dock... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MPSAN, May 22, 2020.

1. MPSAN Win User

Safely Remove SATA Drive in a DOCK?

Hello ALL. I have Windows 10 PRO 1909 with all of the updates and added the Safely Remove Hardware shortcut. The problem is that I have a SATA dock with a nice 4TB drive that I use for images (Macrium Reflect) and when done I wanted to use this Shortcut to remove the drive after powering it down in the dock. The problem is that this shortcut sees it OK, but says that it is not removable. I understand that that would be normal for a SATA drive, but can I "fix" this or can I just turn the dock power off button after backups?

:)

MPSAN, May 22, 2020
  2. MPSAN Win User

Hello ALL. I have Windows 10 PRO 1909 with all of the updates and added the Safely Remove Hardware shortcut. The problem is that I have a SATA dock with a nice 4TB drive that I use for images (Macrium Reflect) and when done I wanted to use this Shortcut to remove the drive after powering it down in the dock. The problem is that this shortcut sees it OK, but says that it is not removable. I understand that that would be normal for a SATA drive, but can I "fix" this or can I just turn the dock power off button after backups?

MPSAN, May 22, 2020
  3. Callender Win User
    Callender, May 22, 2020
  4. Callender Win User

Are you using Macrium Reflect free? I can never get that to write an image to SATA drive in a docking station let alone see it on boot to restore from. So I now use something else.

MiniTool ShadowMaker Home Page

Anyway I can power off the docking station if "Safe to remove" won't work.

Sometimes it's explorer locking the drive or AV scan-if set to check external drives when detected.

Safely Remove SATA Drive in a DOCK? [​IMG]

Also check autorun.inf on the drive.

Scan & Remove Autorun.Inf Virus File with AutoRun.Inf Remover | NoVirusThanks

Callender, May 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Safely Remove SATA Drive in a DOCK? - Similar Threads - Safely Remove SATA

2. Removing flash drive safely

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing flash drive safely: I need to safely eject my flash drive but once again I am getting the "device is currently in use" message even though I am not using it for anything. This seems to happen with all my flash drives occasionally. Usually I just would sign out not even restarting my pc, but...
  3. Removing flash drive safely

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Removing flash drive safely: I need to safely eject my flash drive but once again I am getting the "device is currently in use" message even though I am not using it for anything. This seems to happen with all my flash drives occasionally. Usually I just would sign out not even restarting my pc, but...
  4. Safely Remove SATA Drive in a DOCK?

in Windows 10 Support
    Safely Remove SATA Drive in a DOCK?: Hello ALL. I have Windows 10 PRO 1909 with all of the updates and added the Safely Remove Hardware shortcut. The problem is that I have a SATA dock with a nice 4TB drive that I use for images (Macrium Reflect) and when done I wanted to use this Shortcut to remove the drive...
  5. quick-change 2.5" SATA dock,

quick-change 2.5" SATA dock,: I have a 4 drive quick-change 2.5" SATA dock, and when I put in a drive it doesn't show up If I reboot it does show up. What can I do to see it when I plug it in?...
  6. Internal SATA hard drives show up as removable devices in 'Safely Remove Hardware'

Internal SATA hard drives show up as removable devices in 'Safely Remove Hardware': Hi, Issue; I've got two of my internal SATA hard drives (4 internal hard drive in total) showing as removeable drives in the 'safely remove hardware and eject media' tray icon list. I don't want to accidentally eject one of them so I would like them not to appear in the...
  7. Safe removal of usb drive

Safe removal of usb drive: How do you safely remove usb drive from computer on Window 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/safe-removal-of-usb-drive/8e1ea4eb-bfe9-4e58-866a-292b3c94ac03
  8. "Safe " removing internal drives ?!

"Safe " removing internal drives ?!: Why are my internal HDDs and SSD shown in the "safe remove "-icon ( placed in taskbar) ?? How can we get rid of this absurd notification of showing internal HDDs for removing...............!! 114602
  9. Internal SATA drives show as removable

Internal SATA drives show as removable: My motherboard has two SATA controllers. C: and D: are connected to a separate controller from the other two hard drives and one DVD burner. C: and D: show on the remove/eject menu. How do I get them off that? The last, and only other, time I encountered such a problem...
  10. safe removal drive

safe removal drive: When I have inserted a SD memory card, I have the possibility for "ejecting" the card after which it can be safely removed. I donot understand why this possibility does not exist with an USB HDD. I thought that just removing such drive gives the chance of damaging it. 62174