Windows 10: Safely Remove & Windows 10 question.

Discus and support Safely Remove & Windows 10 question. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; On my Windows 10 machine, I've noticed something really strange. First here the system: OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit Processor:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by storageman, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Safely Remove & Windows 10 question.

On my Windows 10 machine, I've noticed something really strange. First here the system:

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD A8-4500M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, AMD64 Family 21 Model 16 Stepping 1
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 5596 Mb
    3xUSB 3.0, 1xUSB 2.0
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7640G, 512 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 277580 MB, Free - 208921 MB; D: Total - 303375 MB, Free - 251420 MB; F: Total - 27374 MB, Free - 3185 MB;
    Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 1833
    Antivirus: Windows Defender

Everytime I plug in a USB device (makes no difference which port used), and if I only read from the USB device, If I open up "Safely Remove", and request to remove the device, I always get "The device is busy in use by another task and cannot be removed". But if I write too that device ie: open up a .txt file and do a save-as to the same device, it writes to the device. If I then open up "Safely Remove", and request it to be removed, I will then get the normal "remove the device" message. If I perform the same procedure on my Windows 7 system, it will safely remove without having to write to it.

Any Ideas why Win 10 functions this way ?

:)

storageman, Jun 20, 2016

2. Quick Safely-Remove-Hardware Question

Hi,

Please supply me with steps to make Safely-Remove-Hardware icon appear on my desktop. It does not appear on my new computer with OS10 whether an external device is in the computer or not.

Thanks.

K

KatrinaP_999, Jun 20, 2016
  3. Quick Safely-Remove-Hardware Question

OK. I am all set.

I figured it out.

It is very strange because after you hit On, it changes back to Off -- even though it is still on. Bizarre!

Not so bizarre ... The external device needs to be in the computer in order to have the icon appear.

Thanks again!

Katrina

KatrinaP_999, Jun 20, 2016
  4. Safely Remove & Windows 10 question.

Well its been 4 days and 99 views, but no answers yet.

storageman, Jun 24, 2016
Thema:

Safely Remove & Windows 10 question.

1. Safely Remove & Windows 10 question. - Similar Threads - Safely Remove question

2. Are these safe to remove

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are these safe to remove: Hi Guys I have on my pc the following items and I want to know if its safe to remove. As far as I know, I do not have/use any Apple products or machines. Apple Application Support 64 bit Apple Mobile Device Support Apple Software Update W 10 of course 159676
  3. Are these safe to remove

in Windows 10 Support
    Are these safe to remove: Hi Guys I have on my pc the following items and I want to know if its safe to remove. As far as I know, I do not have/use any Apple products or machines. Apple Application Support 64 bit Apple Mobile Device Support Apple Software Update W 10 of course 159676
  4. Windows 10 "safe to remove" confirmation is missing.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 "safe to remove" confirmation is missing.: How can I get this confirmation to appear when seeking to safely remove USB connected items? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-safe-to-remove-confirmation-is-missing/f394018b-e8c7-4efd-833e-a18659a83c68
  5. Is removing "Removed Apps" safe?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is removing "Removed Apps" safe?: So about a month ago, I got some virus thing, and I had to factory reset my computer due to Norton Antivirus not catching it and me not being able to delete it manually. When I did, I got some thing on my desktop called "Removed Apps" (Shown in the picture). I have no idea if...
  6. windows 10 - Safe remove hardware issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 - Safe remove hardware issue: hello i have two usb flash drive on the front of the case. 1 - transcend usb 2 - udisk usb the disk managment and windows explorer report the same letters drive assignment, but safe remove hardware applet is wrong. i have windows 10 1809 full updated at this moment, maybe...
  7. windows 10 - Safe remove hardware issue

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 - Safe remove hardware issue: hello i have two usb flash drive on the front of the case. 1 - transcend usb 2 - udisk usb the disk managment and windows explorer report the same letters drive assignment, but safe remove hardware applet is wrong. i have windows 10 1809 full updated at this moment, maybe...
  8. Safe to remove

Safe to remove: On 1 of 4 1809 machines, I lost the "safe to remove message" The ports are ok and the usb stick is ok because the led goes out. Does anyone have a fix that "really" works ? Thanks 125584
  9. Safe to remove

in Windows 10 Support
    Safe to remove: On 1 of 4 1809 machines, I lost the "safe to remove message" The ports are ok and the stick is ok because the led goes out. Does anyone have a fix that "really" works ? Thanks 125584
  10. Windows 10 Safely remove icon

Windows 10 Safely remove icon: I've tried the usual methods if task bar options etc, no joy. I've also searched online, still no joy!!!! [img] Can someone educate me on this please? Thank you, 23938