Windows 10: Safely Test Backup

Discus and support Safely Test Backup in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I am using MiniTool ShadowMaker and want to test the backup image of my main "C" drive including "System" files stored on my external dirve. If I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Sir George, May 24, 2020.

1. Safely Test Backup

I am using MiniTool ShadowMaker and want to test the backup image of my main "C" drive including "System" files stored on my external dirve. If I recover the image to my main drive and something goes wrong I will lose the entire contents of my "C" drive and external drive which would leave me no data! What is a safe method to test the image? I am using windows 10.0.18362.778

Thanks in advance for any help.

:)

Sir George, May 24, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, May 24, 2020
  3. marsmimar Win User
    marsmimar, May 24, 2020
  4. geotso Win User

Safely Test Backup

Can't safely remove external disk

In reference to the steps of your suggestions:

• The issue is specific to the particular disk and it started after I've used the disk to save the System image backup (created with the Control Panel > File History tool).
    • I didn't disable any windows Service. I'm just wondering if there is any to disable.
    • Safe boot with networking, or clean boot doesn't resolve the issue.

Thank you.

geotso, May 24, 2020
Thema:

Safely Test Backup

1. Safely Test Backup - Similar Threads - Safely Test Backup

2. Its delete file backup no delete safe?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Its delete file backup no delete safe?: Hi. i was trying to clear trash thing in my laptop local disk C: and i found a gigantic file that up to 6 gb and it said "file backup no delete" so its safe to just delete it?...
  3. Backup Folder, Safe to Delete?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backup Folder, Safe to Delete?: I have a backup folder named LEGION my laptop's name series, and it contains full of backups from 2021 to now. Its size is 143,81 GB, which 49,7% fills up my 325,54 GB D: drive. I am trying to clean my disk but I'm also worried, is it safe to delete it? Any catch if I do?...
  4. Backup Folder, Safe to Delete?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup Folder, Safe to Delete?: I have a backup folder named LEGION my laptop's name series, and it contains full of backups from 2021 to now. Its size is 143,81 GB, which 49,7% fills up my 325,54 GB D: drive. I am trying to clean my disk but I'm also worried, is it safe to delete it? Any catch if I do?...
  5. How to safely backup user profiles to a NAS?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How to safely backup user profiles to a NAS?: I want to take daily backups of user profiles - at least AppData, Documents, Descktop - to a NAS drive with some degree of security from malware. There are problems with everything I've tried (or just looked at) so far. Macrium Reflect files and folders backups work, but MR...
  6. Is it safe to delete Test folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it safe to delete Test folder: I have two Test folders showing in Explorer. One has been there since 2014 and was created by a Microsoft Tech. There is another one created in 2016 apparently by another excited Microsoft Tech. In the first one, there is nothing since 2014 except one connection made in...
  7. How to test macrium backup

How to test macrium backup: I am somehow not understanding how to do this. I have Macrium Free and I created a backup on DVD and an image of the C:/ drive on an external WD drive. All appears good. Macrium says test the backup to ensure it works. So I connect the ext HD and put the DVD in the drive....
  8. Safely Delete Windows Image Backup

Safely Delete Windows Image Backup: I made a system image backup on 8/6, and renamed my computer on 8/10. I made another system image backup on 8/12. Now I have two folders under the WindowsImageBackup directory--one with the old computer name, and the other one with the new name. Under the old...
  9. test backup

test backup: Run Macrium Reflect free, Backup 10 into USB HDD, how do you test this backup really runs? 70898
  10. How to simulate a disaster in order to test a Macrium backup?

How to simulate a disaster in order to test a Macrium backup?: . I have Win 10 Pro on a brand-new Dell Vostro. I've reduced the C: partition, and used the resulting space to create an E: partition for my data. I've installed all my usual day-to-day programs. I've created a Macrium image of the entire disk, but without the E:...