Windows 10: Safemode preventing me from logging in

Discus and support Safemode preventing me from logging in in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After restarting with my laptop set to safe boot minimal, the PIN I normally used did not work. I’ve been using the PIN method for a long time so I’m... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Exil_Phile, Apr 5, 2021.

1. Safemode preventing me from logging in

After restarting with my laptop set to safe boot minimal, the PIN I normally used did not work. I’ve been using the PIN method for a long time so I’m unable to remember the original password.

And it seems I can’t reenable the internet access either. I tried using an ethernet cable but it didn’t seem to work either.

Did I miss a step when plugging in the ethernet cable, and is there another method to disable the safe boot or enable the wifi?

:)

Exil_Phile, Apr 5, 2021
  2. Winuser Win User

Networking in Safemode

I tried uninstalling and re-installing the adapter and it didn't work. I tried another suggestion I found doing a search. They suggested to click on the Network Icon before booting in to Safemode and connecting to the adapter. The only thing listed was Airplane mode. I guess Windows 10 will not initialize a wireless adapter in Safemode.

Winuser, Apr 5, 2021
  3. Winuser Win User
    Networking in Safemode

Thanks everyone for trying to help. I have tried all the suggestions posted. When I try to access the wireless adapter before booting in to Safemode the only thing listed is Airplane mode. I'm guessing either Asus or MS doesn't want me to use wireless networking in Safemode.

Winuser, Apr 5, 2021
  4. Rose Ter Win User

Safemode preventing me from logging in

Windows 10 Password problem in safemode

Hi,

For us to isolate the issue, we will need to ask you a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages aside from password incorrect?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far, after being stuck in safemode sign in screen?
    • What are you trying to do when you enter safemode with networking through msconfig?

Regards.

Rose Ter, Apr 5, 2021
Thema:

Safemode preventing me from logging in

1. Safemode preventing me from logging in - Similar Threads - Safemode preventing logging

2. Windows 10 Update prevents me from logging in KB5028166

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Update prevents me from logging in KB5028166: Hello,There was a windows update that was released in July KB5028166 that my PC has been installing after ignoring for a little while. However I soon discovered that this somehow bugs my PC out and I am unable to login. It will show me the login screen with the clock/date and...
  3. Windows 10 Update prevents me from logging in KB5028166

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Update prevents me from logging in KB5028166: Hello,There was a windows update that was released in July KB5028166 that my PC has been installing after ignoring for a little while. However I soon discovered that this somehow bugs my PC out and I am unable to login. It will show me the login screen with the clock/date and...
  4. Windows 10 Update prevents me from logging in KB5028166

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. PIN prompt prevents me from logging in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN prompt prevents me from logging in.: When I try logging into my Windows 11 computer, I type my password. Then a ‘Create a PIN’ prompt comes up, I click continue. It says something went wrong, and when I click continue without PIN, it sets me back to my lockscreen. I can’t log in, I don’t really care about making...
  6. PIN prompt prevents me from logging in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PIN prompt prevents me from logging in.: When I try logging into my Windows 11 computer, I type my password. Then a ‘Create a PIN’ prompt comes up, I click continue. It says something went wrong, and when I click continue without PIN, it sets me back to my lockscreen. I can’t log in, I don’t really care about making...
  7. Im stuck on windows safemode log in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Im stuck on windows safemode log in: I have lost my mind because im dealing with this now and i have very important things to do. I wanted to clean my gpu drivers with amd cleaner but it needed me to go safe mode once i was there i forgot my password and i cant go back i dont have a extra computer and i double...
  8. Trouble logging in after safemode reboot

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trouble logging in after safemode reboot: Hey I went into msconfig to set my pc to reboot in safe to uninstall some graphics drivers I have been having issues with. When the pc rebooted it wanted me to login with a password which I don't ever remember setting. I have been using a pin code to login normally. Is...
  9. Log-in with disabled administrator account in safemode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Log-in with disabled administrator account in safemode: It used to be possible to login with a disabled administrator account in safemode. I'm unable to do this on current version of Windows 10 (1903). Is there any possibility to change this?...
  10. If I loose internet, will it prevent me from logging in?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    If I loose internet, will it prevent me from logging in?: I linked my user account to my Microsoft account. I have unreliable internet sometime. If the internet isn't working, will I still be able to log in to my account? 11372