Windows 10: Safesear.ch/?type=20150411-vy-ie

Discus and support Safesear.ch/?type=20150411-vy-ie in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Safesear.ch/?type=20150411-vy-ie has hi-jacked all my browsers and I can't seem to get rid of it. Every way I try is greyed out and I'm stumped.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Wynona, May 11, 2015.

1. Wynona Win User

Safesear.ch/?type=20150411-vy-ie

Safesear.ch/?type=20150411-vy-ie has hi-jacked all my browsers and I can't seem to get rid of it. Every way I try is greyed out and I'm stumped. Anybody know how to get rid of this blasted thing?

I really am not ready to reinstall Windows 8.1. *Sad

Oh, and there are ways shown on the Internet, but I'm afraid of them.

:)

Wynona, May 11, 2015
  2. Valley. Win User

how do I make yahoo my homepage on Windows 10

Thank you Don. I downloaded Adware and Malwarebytes and finally was able to keep the Yahoo home page I wanted! Hopefully, the safesear.ch home page will never show up again!

Valley., May 11, 2015
  3. how do I make yahoo my homepage on Windows 10

Glad the programs helped. Thanks for the update.

Don

Don Varnau, May 11, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

Use this:

Remove SafeSear.ch from Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer

Edwin, May 11, 2015
  5. Wynona Win User
    Thanks Edwin! Looks like I'm going to have a really big chore tomorrow. Can't do it tonight because I'm downloading Office 2016 .msi for the desktop app and my Internet is all messed up. Three more hours to download finish.

I've read it all and am downloading the various pieces for installation tomorrow.

Thanks again!

Wynona, May 11, 2015
  6. Wynona Win User
    Well, dang, two and a half hours diligently following instructions and the blasted thing is still there! Looks like a reinstall is in order.

Methinks this is one of the main reasons for not updating an OS. I know that if I do, this stupid crap will just wander over to where it's not wanted.

Wynona, May 11, 2015
  7. topgundcp Win User
    Just test this freebie and it's worth to try: FreeFixer
    It will scan the whole system. Look at the browser helpers and add-ons/extensions to see if you can remove them.

topgundcp, May 11, 2015
  8. Wynona Win User

Oh my goodness, TopGun! This thing seems to have gathered everything it could find and thrown it all into the mixer! I can't make heads nor tails out of it.

I did save the log and will take periodic looks at it, but since I use Windows 10 for the most part, I'm not in a big hurry to go further with this. At this point, it's not very much worth it to me. *Sad

Wynona, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Safesear.ch/?type=20150411-vy-ie - Similar Threads - Safesear type=20150411

2. How can I fix static from my type-c earphones mic?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I fix static from my type-c earphones mic?: I bought a new type-c earphones and after connecting it to my laptop, the speakers are good but the mic are full of static and BG noise. I connected it to my phone to check if my earphone's at fault but the quality is krisp. So I thought maybe the type-c plug in my laptop is...
  3. Keyboard making clicking sounds when typing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard making clicking sounds when typing: My keyboard is making clicking sounds while typingTo clarify this is not mechanical this is audio coming from my computerI have tried disabling sticky keys, turning off narrator looking at my keyboard 3rd party app and going into my computers bios to see if I can disable the...
  4. How can I fix static from my type-c earphones mic?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I fix static from my type-c earphones mic?: I bought a new type-c earphones and after connecting it to my laptop, the speakers are good but the mic are full of static and BG noise. I connected it to my phone to check if my earphone's at fault but the quality is krisp. So I thought maybe the type-c plug in my laptop is...
  5. Keyboard making clicking sounds when typing

Keyboard making clicking sounds when typing: My keyboard is making clicking sounds while typingTo clarify this is not mechanical this is audio coming from my computerI have tried disabling sticky keys, turning off narrator looking at my keyboard 3rd party app and going into my computers bios to see if I can disable the...
  6. Keyboard making clicking sounds when typing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Laptop Keyboard Typing on Its Own: Unresolved Issue Despite Various Attempts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Keyboard Typing on Its Own: Unresolved Issue Despite Various Attempts: I've encountered a persistent problem with my laptop's keyboard, where it seems to type on its own accord, generating random characters and inputs without any manual intervention. Here's a rundown of what I've tried so far:- Initially, I attempted disconnecting the internal...
  8. Laptop Keyboard Typing on Its Own: Unresolved Issue Despite Various Attempts

Laptop Keyboard Typing on Its Own: Unresolved Issue Despite Various Attempts: I've encountered a persistent problem with my laptop's keyboard, where it seems to type on its own accord, generating random characters and inputs without any manual intervention. Here's a rundown of what I've tried so far:- Initially, I attempted disconnecting the internal...
  9. Laptop Keyboard Typing on Its Own: Unresolved Issue Despite Various Attempts

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Cannot type in Windows 11 Search Box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot type in Windows 11 Search Box: Hi, I got problem on Windows 11 that i can't type in search box. instead when i press a charracter in keyboard it work like hotkey to the apps pinned to start.For Example, Edge is pinned to start, so when i press E it will highlight the Edge App. plus when i click the search...