Windows 10: Safesear.ch/?type=20150411-vy-ie

Discus and support Safesear.ch/?type=20150411-vy-ie in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Safesear.ch/?type=20150411-vy-ie has hi-jacked all my browsers and I can't seem to get rid of it. Every way I try is greyed out and I'm stumped.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Wynona, May 11, 2015.

1. Wynona Win User

Safesear.ch/?type=20150411-vy-ie

Safesear.ch/?type=20150411-vy-ie has hi-jacked all my browsers and I can't seem to get rid of it. Every way I try is greyed out and I'm stumped. Anybody know how to get rid of this blasted thing?

I really am not ready to reinstall Windows 8.1. *Sad

Oh, and there are ways shown on the Internet, but I'm afraid of them.

:)

Wynona, May 11, 2015
  2. Valley. Win User

how do I make yahoo my homepage on Windows 10

Thank you Don. I downloaded Adware and Malwarebytes and finally was able to keep the Yahoo home page I wanted! Hopefully, the safesear.ch home page will never show up again!

Valley., May 11, 2015
  3. how do I make yahoo my homepage on Windows 10

Glad the programs helped. Thanks for the update.

Don

Don Varnau, May 11, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

Use this:

Remove SafeSear.ch from Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer

Edwin, May 11, 2015
  5. Wynona Win User
    Thanks Edwin! Looks like I'm going to have a really big chore tomorrow. Can't do it tonight because I'm downloading Office 2016 .msi for the desktop app and my Internet is all messed up. Three more hours to download finish.

I've read it all and am downloading the various pieces for installation tomorrow.

Thanks again!

Wynona, May 11, 2015
  6. Wynona Win User
    Well, dang, two and a half hours diligently following instructions and the blasted thing is still there! Looks like a reinstall is in order.

Methinks this is one of the main reasons for not updating an OS. I know that if I do, this stupid crap will just wander over to where it's not wanted.

Wynona, May 11, 2015
  7. topgundcp Win User
    Just test this freebie and it's worth to try: FreeFixer
    It will scan the whole system. Look at the browser helpers and add-ons/extensions to see if you can remove them.

topgundcp, May 11, 2015
  8. Wynona Win User

Oh my goodness, TopGun! This thing seems to have gathered everything it could find and thrown it all into the mixer! I can't make heads nor tails out of it.

I did save the log and will take periodic looks at it, but since I use Windows 10 for the most part, I'm not in a big hurry to go further with this. At this point, it's not very much worth it to me. *Sad

Wynona, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Safesear.ch/?type=20150411-vy-ie - Similar Threads - Safesear type=20150411

2. Weird actions happen when I type on my pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird actions happen when I type on my pc: [IMG]So i was going on chrome and edge and when when I type it acts funky and not let me type it also another problem shows up when I press the escape on my keyboard it says a weird message which I’ll provide the pic on the pictures below. Is it my computer fault or keyboard...
  3. Huawei USB Type C Headphones not registering on computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Huawei USB Type C Headphones not registering on computer: Whenever I try to plug in my Huawei headphones, they don't show up. Instead of seeing USB-C as an option, the only audio option is Realtek Audio. I've restarted my computer, updated my drivers, and plugged the headphones in and out again, and none of those options worked. How...
  4. file types

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file types: OK to delete an ESD file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-types/2b7a6d85-cf63-4b57-9383-b7b28dfd249a"
  5. Unable to move touchpad- mouse while typing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to move touchpad- mouse while typing: Im having issues trying to play games on my windows 10 HP omen laptop. Anytime i press a key theres a delay before i can move the mouse,also, anytime i hold down a key im unable to move the mouse around. please help?...
  6. When I turned on my monitor the picture and type are huge. How do I get it back to normal?

When I turned on my monitor the picture and type are huge. How do I get it back to normal?: There's no explanation for it. When I turned it off it was fine. The next morning I turned it on and everything was hugely out of size. I have tried to go through Windows Settings, but there's nothing there that seems to help. What else can I do to restore my monitor to...
  7. Change type of view in Notepad

Change type of view in Notepad: How do I change the type from cascading to something I can actually use ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-type-of-view-in-notepad/2d2d0b45-2088-49a2-ad31-cd35b023ec84
  8. comment changer de type de clavier dans Windows 10

comment changer de type de clavier dans Windows 10: bonjour, comment faire pour changer le type de clavier dans Windows 10 ? quand je tape un @, j'obtiens un ~ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/comment-changer-de-type-de-clavier-dans-windows-10/71c52fa1-6797-4fec-b4b7-4aafbebff614
  9. Windows Defender Error loading type library/DLL

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Defender Error loading type library/DLL: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows Security allows you to manage quarantined items and exclusions. When doing so if you receive an error saying Windows Defender Antivirus Error loading type library/DLL, Click help for more information about this problem, Error code 0x80029c4a, then...
  10. Volume mixer type thing stuck on screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume mixer type thing stuck on screen: this issue has continued through multiple restarts and drivers installed/uninstalled. I've tried all the suggested helps and this is my last resort. This thing doesnt even appear to exist in my task manager and i have no idea how to close it [ATTACH]...