Windows 10: Safest Way to Convert Hundreds of *.doc to *.odt

Discus and support Safest Way to Convert Hundreds of *.doc to *.odt in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I want to convert a slew of *.doc documents to *.odt safely, easily (since I'm not as good as a techie), and from several folders. Is there a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Florida Rene, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Safest Way to Convert Hundreds of *.doc to *.odt

I want to convert a slew of *.doc documents to *.odt safely, easily (since I'm not as good as a techie), and from several folders. Is there a downloadable converter file will enable me to do this...perhaps folder by folder?

As I browse through directories, I see that I have hundreds of those docs to convert. I know that I can go one-by-one (open a doc in Libre or Open Office, then save it as an odt). But that's laborious. So I'm hoping that someone has been through this and has a easier solution. Thanks...your help will be greatly appreciated.

:)

Florida Rene, Aug 24, 2019
  2. Dr. Musou Win User

Unable Search for .odt (LibreOffice Docs) file formats using File Contents.

Hello,

I just want to let you know that the search still does not work.

I have also tried the File Explore by using a keyword, ".odt: keyword."

The result shows only .odt doc files with names which include the keyword.

No .odt doc files which contain the keyword in the body.

As mentioned in the original post, I have done everything that was suggested including:

1. Run the DISM Tool.
    2. Run the System File Checker utility.
    I hope that someone knows how to resolve the issue.

Dr. Musou, Aug 24, 2019
  3. Bob Som Win User
    Convert WPS to DOC

I have hundreds of files that need to be converted from WPS to Doc or Works to Word. I have been using CloudConverter which works fine, but only allows me to do 25 per day. Does anyone know a better or quicker way to do this?

Moved from: Microsoft Education / Windows 10 / Files, folders, & storage

Bob Som, Aug 24, 2019
  4. FaethDanu Win User

Safest Way to Convert Hundreds of *.doc to *.odt

ODT file to Excel?

Greetings,

How can I convert an ODT file into excel? It was in excel style format (unsure if Microsoft) over a month ago and now it will only open (with random letters) in Notepad. When I try (open with) (WORD) ...I receive an error message. The file shows that it
    has 30KB so may I assume that I have not completely lost this small doc?

FaethDanu, Aug 24, 2019
Thema:

Safest Way to Convert Hundreds of *.doc to *.odt

1. Safest Way to Convert Hundreds of *.doc to *.odt - Similar Threads - Safest Convert Hundreds

2. DocX versus ODT versus Doc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DocX versus ODT versus Doc: It's been a minute since I needed to use Word. Imagine my surprise when there are now two word type documents and although I understand the main differences between the two - I don't understand why my laptop isn't saving them all as word docs. There may be something funky in...
  3. DocX versus ODT versus Doc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DocX versus ODT versus Doc: It's been a minute since I needed to use Word. Imagine my surprise when there are now two word type documents and although I understand the main differences between the two - I don't understand why my laptop isn't saving them all as word docs. There may be something funky in...
  4. Convert PDF to DOC

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Convert PDF to DOC: I would like to convert a PDF into DOC . I am running Office 2010. Can it be done? 175195
  5. Safest way to make Macrium backups?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Safest way to make Macrium backups?: Although I do not think that it is relevant to this post, I am currently using Windows 10 Pro Version 1909, build 18363.836. For years, I've been making Macrium backups of my OS drive the easy way: running the program in Windows and making the backup. But I've bought a new...
  6. Convert docs to pdf

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Convert docs to pdf: my computer has suddenly stopped being able to convert jpeg docs into pdf. It seems to go through the usual process before saying; 'sorry we couldn't find a programme etc. It's always done it before, any ideas why it's now stopped?...
  7. Safest Way to Convert Hundreds of *.xls to *.ods

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Safest Way to Convert Hundreds of *.xls to *.ods: Hi... I have successfully used -- and highly recommend -- MultiDoc Converter to convert hundreds of *.doc and *.docx to odt...and now I am searching for a similar product to download so I can convert batches of *.xls and *.xlsx to *.ods. I'd like to be able to do it by...
  8. Converting a TXT doc into a Word doc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Converting a TXT doc into a Word doc?: How do I convert a text doc into a word doc? Thanks- LB https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/converting-a-txt-doc-into-a-word-doc/d8192142-066d-49d9-b2ee-c5098ea28b03
  9. Best and safest way to Clean My Files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Best and safest way to Clean My Files: I have a lot of old and unwanted files on my comp and would be grateful if anyone could advise me which is the safest and best cleaner for a novice (Me) to use. 114229
  10. Best/ Safest Way To Shutdown Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Best/ Safest Way To Shutdown Windows Defender: Win 10 pro 1709. I use Bitdefender Total Security 2018 which I am comfortable with after having used Norton for years on the old machine. There are a multitude of links out there on shutting down, turning off, and even un-installing (though some claim doing this will result...