Windows 10: Safest way to make Macrium backups?

Discus and support Safest way to make Macrium backups? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Although I do not think that it is relevant to this post, I am currently using Windows 10 Pro Version 1909, build 18363.836. For years, I've been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by hbenthow, May 20, 2020.

1. hbenthow Win User

Safest way to make Macrium backups?

Although I do not think that it is relevant to this post, I am currently using Windows 10 Pro Version 1909, build 18363.836.

For years, I've been making Macrium backups of my OS drive the easy way: running the program in Windows and making the backup. But I've bought a new computer, and before I start using it, I would like to know whether I should change this practice when backing it up.

Does running Macrium within Windows run the risk of introducing problems into the backup's Windows installation (due to Windows being running while the snapshot is being made)? Is it safer to run Macrium from a bootable rescue DVD and make the backup from there, so as not to risk the system image having registry errors or some other such problem?

:)

hbenthow, May 20, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Safest way to make Macrium backups? [​IMG]

I don't find this happening..

Just once with this laptop relatively recently I found the user profile service failed to log me on.. I used a system restore point in this instance.

dalchina, May 20, 2020
  3. hbenthow Win User

Thank you for the clarification.

For whatever reason, it's always been more frequent for me, with multiple computers that I've had over the years.

Is there any way to set it so that a USB can automatically (without having to press any of the F keys) display a message to tap any key to boot from it like I get with the DVD?

Also, is it safe to run a restore from a flash drive if the flash drive is plugged into a mains-powered external USB 3.0 hub?

hbenthow, May 20, 2020
  4. hbenthow Win User

Although I do not think that it is relevant to this post, I am currently using Windows 10 Pro Version 1909, build 18363.836.

For years, I've been making Macrium backups of my OS drive the easy way: running the program in Windows and making the backup. But I've bought a new computer, and before I start using it, I would like to know whether I should change this practice when backing it up.

Does running Macrium within Windows run the risk of introducing problems into the backup's Windows installation (due to Windows being running while the snapshot is being made)? Is it safer to run Macrium from a bootable rescue DVD and make the backup from there, so as not to risk the system image having registry errors or some other such problem?

hbenthow, May 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Safest way to make Macrium backups? - Similar Threads - Safest Macrium backups

2. Modified Macrium backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Modified Macrium backup: Dell Inspiron 15 5565, Win 10 Home I want to create a Mactium backup, but it's going to be huge unless I can properly modify it. I tried to use a USB with 28gb free space as the destination, but it wasn't enough [img] My first question is can I just image the first 4...
  3. Safest Way to Convert Hundreds of *.doc to *.odt

in Windows 10 Support
    Safest Way to Convert Hundreds of *.doc to *.odt: I want to convert a slew of *.doc documents to *.odt safely, easily (since I'm not as good as a techie), and from several folders. Is there a downloadable converter file will enable me to do this...perhaps folder by folder? As I browse through directories, I see that I have...
  4. macrium backup failed

macrium backup failed: hello all after months of doing a image backup , today my marcium backup failed , i have tried several times to do a backup, and a [img] [img] reboot ( before i do the 1809 ) update any suggestions welcomed 123956
  5. Best and safest way to Clean My Files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Best and safest way to Clean My Files: I have a lot of old and unwanted files on my comp and would be grateful if anyone could advise me which is the safest and best cleaner for a novice (Me) to use. 114229
  6. Best/ Safest Way To Shutdown Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Best/ Safest Way To Shutdown Windows Defender: Win 10 pro 1709. I use Bitdefender Total Security 2018 which I am comfortable with after having used Norton for years on the old machine. There are a multitude of links out there on shutting down, turning off, and even un-installing (though some claim doing this will result...
  7. Question on Macrium backups

Question on Macrium backups: Thanks for thinking about answering my question! I currently have the following backup plan for my laptop - full backup on Sunday, then Differential every other day of the week. So in the case of a failure, I just have to restore the Sunday Full and the latest Differential...
  8. Macrium Backup error

Macrium Backup error: I was getting system hanging problem in my windows 10 for quite a days (my system is dual boot with two hard disk, one XP and other Windows 10). I already have macrium backup image but I tried to take a new backup of my windows 10 system drives with the free version from...
  9. Macrium installation & backup

Macrium installation & backup: Hello Forum, An hour ago I installed Macrium, after instl. it made (burned) a rescue dvd. I am trying to make my first backup to the system, but first I want to consult with my 'teachers', After installation please see screenshot "macrium - 01.jpg", there are 2 disks, C:...
  10. Macrium backup

Macrium backup: I have made a backup of my hard drive from my old computer with macruim reflect. It is a backup of a few installed applications and software packages but more importantly it is a copy of windows 10 professional with digital entitlement. I plan to buy a new laptop and am...