Windows 10: Safety of Educational Device after reset

Discus and support Safety of Educational Device after reset in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I acquired a device that was formerly used by a school. It was running Windows 10 Education Edition. I was given the local administrator credentials to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NOT-JEFFREY-NELSON, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Safety of Educational Device after reset

I acquired a device that was formerly used by a school. It was running Windows 10 Education Edition. I was given the local administrator credentials to it.

After logging in as administrator, I wiped it using the built-in wiping tool and I elected to remove everything. It freshly installed Windows 1703. After this I updated it to 1909. It is not enrolled in a domain and there is no third party software on the machine. I see that some settings are "managed by your organization" despite this. Is this a mechanic of Education edition?

I just want to make sure that considering I reset the unit to factory defaults, and it is not enrolled in a domain, that it will not be phoning my activity home to the district.

Granted it is not on a domain, there is no third party software installed, and it has been wiped, is this computer safe to use and can I assume that what I do on it will have the same level of security as my other Windows 10 machines?

Thank you for all of your help, I appreciate it.

submitted by /u/NOT-JEFFREY-NELSON
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/NOT-JEFFREY-NELSON, Sep 27, 2020

2. Family Safety - add device to child profile

Since this is the case and you have ensured the settings are correctly setup in family Safety, we suggest that you sign in using your main account and remove you child's account from Family Safety list. (Refer to the image below for reference.)

Safety of Educational Device after reset 7618e897-2574-4517-80ca-0ef18325dda6.png

After completing the steps, attempt to use the email address of your child to login to the computer and see if the same error message still shows up. If the error no longer shows up, we suggest that you attempt to add the account back then to Family safety.

Regards.

Jordan Dom, Sep 27, 2020
  3. IggSter Win User
    How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Sep 27, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

Safety of Educational Device after reset

Intel Showcases Education Solutions for All Kinds of Classrooms at ISTE 2014

Intel Corporation announced that three customers launched products based on its new education-specific product reference designs this week at the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) 2014 Conference in Atlanta. Created by Intel Education, these reference designs draw on more than a decade of experience in student learning, providing customers with shorter development time, customization capabilities and the latest technologies, features and software. The three products are the Panasonic 3E*, the CTL Education Chromebook* and the M&A Education Chromebook*.

Designed for active learning and active students, the Panasonic 3E is a tablet that comes with a detachable keyboard to deliver laptop capabilities. Panasonic is the first company to offer Intel's purpose-built 2 in 1 reference design as a device for K-12 students. The Panasonic 3E ships with a comprehensive software bundle of essential K-12 applications that makes learning more active and teachers' lives easier. It also features a thermometer probe, on-board cameras and an add-on lens that turn science and mathematics into hands-on, highly engaging, STEM-centered learning.

Based on Intel Education's reference design for Chromebook, the CTL Education Chromebook and M&A Education Chromebook are lightweight, easy to use, and can withstand daily student use - in class, at home and anywhere between. Developed for students, the Chromebooks feature a rugged, easy-carry handle; rotatable camera; optional snap-on lens for science exploration; and non-slip texture.

The Education Chromebooks are equipped with Intel Inside for the best Chromebook experience, providing students with long battery life for all-day learning and the best ability to multitask, open multiple tabs and support offline learning. Intel is investing in the Chrome ecosystem to ensure that Intel architecture offers the best experience in a Chrome browser.

"These new reference designs demonstrate the diversity of Intel's portfolio of education solutions," said John Galvin, vice president of the Sales and Marketing Group and general manager of Intel Education. "Instead of taking a one-size-fits-all approach to transforming education, we provide a variety of different tools - including devices, software, content and professional development services - to ensure that school districts can choose the right solution to achieve student success."

Below is an overview of Intel's additional activities at the conference. For general information, visit www.intel.com/iste.

Intel's booth at ISTE features:
    • Award-winning educators with real-world education technology experience sharing their unique perspectives and discussing how technology has changed learning and teaching in their classrooms;
    • Third grade teacher Suzy Brooks, who is sharing her experience at ISTE via social media on Twitter and Pinterest;
    • Free copies of "Transforming Education for the Next Generation: A Practical Guide for Learning and Teaching with Technology," a new guide for school leaders that includes step-by-step actions to help schools create systemic change and transform education;
    • Free codes for digital downloads of "Personalized Learning: A Guide for Engaging Students with Technology," an Intel Education-underwritten and ISTE-published book designed to help educators and administrators understand the concepts behind personalized learning and share with them step-by-step guidance on planning, funding and implementing a school-wide personalized learning program;
    • A mobile device bar with the latest Intel processor-based education products; and
    • Interactive learning kiosks featuring:
    • The Kno* app, a turnkey solution for deploying a digital education curriculum that supports learning that inspires and prepares students;
    • Visionary strategies on personalized learning and transforming education; and
    • How to design active learning spaces.

btarunr, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

Safety of Educational Device after reset

1. Safety of Educational Device after reset - Similar Threads - Safety Educational Device

2. Cannot reactivate Windows 11 Education after a reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot reactivate Windows 11 Education after a reset: My PC runs windows 11 Education system with license from my university. Because of a series of drive and firmware conflicts, I decided to reset the system. However, after the system was reinstalled, when I tried to login with my student account with correct student email...
  3. Cannot reactivate Windows 11 Education after a reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot reactivate Windows 11 Education after a reset: My PC runs windows 11 Education system with license from my university. Because of a series of drive and firmware conflicts, I decided to reset the system. However, after the system was reinstalled, when I tried to login with my student account with correct student email...
  4. Family Safety device not visible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety device not visible: HI all!I recently setup a Family Safety account and added my sons account to the family group.On his Windows PC I converted my local account to use Microsoft account which manages the family, logged in to that account and his child account was visible.I allowed the account...
  5. Family Safety device not visible

Family Safety device not visible: HI all!I recently setup a Family Safety account and added my sons account to the family group.On his Windows PC I converted my local account to use Microsoft account which manages the family, logged in to that account and his child account was visible.I allowed the account...
  6. Connect Device to Family Safety

Connect Device to Family Safety: A child account is connected to the Microsoft Account. And yet, it can't be connected to the Family Safety Account at all. So, the Parental Control settings can't be implemented....
  7. Connect Device in Family Safety

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Connect Device in Family Safety: I have created all user profiles, logged in with the respective Microsoft and local accounts for each child's account. But when I log into my family safety app it does not register that the devices are connected to the individual profiles so I cannot program any of the...
  8. Duplicate devices in "Family Safety"

Duplicate devices in "Family Safety": Installed a new SSD on my sons PC. First I updated the old SSD with win 10, to win 11, then I did a reset of that win 11 update, in hope to be able to make an image to clone to the new SSD. That failed so I had to do a new fresh install of win 11 to the new SSD Win 11 ISO...
  9. Microsoft Windows 10 Education Reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Windows 10 Education Reset: I recently tried to remove a school domain off my sons old computer so I could use it myself. However, through ‘fiddling’ and changing things in system properties, I can no longer get into Windows and I only get the Administrator window asking for password? As I don’t know...
  10. Parental Controls and Family Safety in Education SKU

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Parental Controls and Family Safety in Education SKU: A comparison of the various editions of Windows 10 in Wikipedia says that neither Windows 10 Education nor Enterprise have the “Family Safety” feature set. I am running Education and at a first glance they don’t seem to be missing but I just wanted to check and see if I am...