Windows 10: Safety Scanner Confusion

Discus and support Safety Scanner Confusion in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I run the Microsoft Safety Scanner I get notice of 3 infected files -during- the scan. But, when the scan is complete, the response window says... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Daytona44, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Daytona44 Win User

Safety Scanner Confusion

When I run the Microsoft Safety Scanner I get notice of 3 infected files -during- the scan. But, when the scan is complete, the response window says nothing was found. I don't understand. Do I or don't I have infections? Thank you for helping me.

:)

Daytona44, Apr 7, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

Unable to Load Microsoft Safety Scanner Web Page

Hi, Which specific URL are you having problems with?

Does this help?
    You cannot download the Microsoft Safety Scanner because of a malware infection
    "If a malware infection is preventing you from downloading the Microsoft Safety Scanner to your computer, use one of the following methods to download and run the tool.Method 1: Run the Microsoft Safety Scanner from removable media

Save the Microsoft Safety Scanner to removable media on an uninfected computer, and then run the tool on the infected computer. To do this, follow these steps:........................................"

You can also get the scanner here e.g.
    Microsoft Safety Scanner Download

dalchina, Apr 7, 2021
  3. Update Issue Safety Scanner

If you are using Windows Defender, you won't need Safety Scanner, as Windows Defender contains all malwares which are in Safety Scanner list and it has additional protection like cloud-protection, just make sure it is update and run a full system scan with
    it.

Do you have access to those files which has been detected with ESET?

Could you post back the list of malware?

Cyber_Defend_Team, Apr 7, 2021
  4. jeanacox Win User

Safety Scanner Confusion

Need help/suggestions to remove this virus. Microsoft Safety Scanner was suggested and tried but it could not remove one

*Original Title: Zeus b2957e virus

Need help/suggestions to remove this virus. Microsoft Safety Scanner was suggested and tried but it could not remove one

which of course is this Zeus b2957e since it is still there. I am a novice compared to most/all of you so I am up for any help/suggestions.

The malware listed on Microsoft Safety Scanner it could not remove= Exploit:Java/Obfuscator.W

[Moved from Windows]

jeanacox, Apr 7, 2021
Thema:

Safety Scanner Confusion

1. Safety Scanner Confusion - Similar Threads - Safety Scanner Confusion

2. MS Safety Scanner Confusing Results

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Safety Scanner Confusing Results: I ran the Microsoft Safety Scanner MSERT.While it was scanning it said there were 97 infected files. When it was done it said there were no infected files. Does that mean it removed them? How do I Know what/where they were?...
  3. MS Safety Scanner Confusing Results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Safety Scanner Confusing Results: I ran the Microsoft Safety Scanner MSERT.While it was scanning it said there were 97 infected files. When it was done it said there were no infected files. Does that mean it removed them? How do I Know what/where they were?...
  4. Safety Scanner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Safety Scanner: I downloaded and ran safety scanner from microsoft. it detected 35 infected files, however, the scan just finished itself and said there were 0 files infected. I serched for the debug log and none was created. What happened to the 35 infected files it found when it was...
  5. Safety Scanner

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Safety Scanner: I downloaded and ran safety scanner from microsoft. it detected 35 infected files, however, the scan just finished itself and said there were 0 files infected. I serched for the debug log and none was created. What happened to the 35 infected files it found when it was...
  6. SAFETY SCANNER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SAFETY SCANNER: Where do i find results from the safety scanner https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safety-scanner/9f5891fb-82b3-42cc-8494-d7555d99757f
  7. SAFETY SCANNER

SAFETY SCANNER: Where do i find results from the safety scanner https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safety-scanner/9f5891fb-82b3-42cc-8494-d7555d99757f
  8. SAFETY SCANNER

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Microsoft Safety Scanner Confusing scan results.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Safety Scanner Confusing scan results.: I was hijacked by a ransomware attack. Malwarebytes premium found two instances of the virus and quarantined them. I have run the Microsoft Safety Scanner multiple times. The first time it found 4 infected files and removed one of them. I have run the scanner 4 more times and...
  10. Microsoft Safety Scanner Confusing scan results.

Microsoft Safety Scanner Confusing scan results.: I was hijacked by a ransomware attack. Malwarebytes premium found two instances of the virus and quarantined them. I have run the Microsoft Safety Scanner multiple times. The first time it found 4 infected files and removed one of them. I have run the scanner 4 more times and...