Windows 10: Safety Scanner detected Infected file during scan and then shows nothing have been detected

Discus and support Safety Scanner detected Infected file during scan and then shows nothing have been detected in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; While running the Safety Scanner, I was alerted that one file was infected. When the Safety Scanner finished and showed the scan results, it reported... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Michael_CA, May 9, 2021.

1. Safety Scanner detected Infected file during scan and then shows nothing have been detected

While running the Safety Scanner, I was alerted that one file was infected. When the Safety Scanner finished and showed the scan results, it reported that no issues were found. I'm confused. What's my next step? Any assistance is appreciated.[Original Title: Windows Safety Scanner]

:)

Michael_CA, May 9, 2021

2. Safety Scanner Detected Unknown Malware and Did Not Remove

Despite taking precautions such as checking URL's and download packages with virustotal.com, I seem to have contracted a piece of malware on my machine. I downloaded the latest version of Safety Scanner and scan results revealed one instance of malware
    but it was labeled "unknown" and the scan results state "Detected, not removed". Can anyone recommend another program that can remove or quarantine the infected file(s)?

roger_wilco, May 9, 2021
  3. MSRT reports 33 infected files then scans and reports "No malicious software detected"

Guys, i was just paranoid about my computer after it perform strangely. i run a microsoft malware removal tool and it counts there is 33 infected files in my computer. Its a full run scan as well. After the scan it shows No malicious software is detected.
    This is so confusing. so it is telling me that it detected infected files but in the end it says non was detected? Please help me,someone, I do not know what to do now before this i have contact a tech and he basically did nothing much to help me. Is there
    any other tech that is willing to take on my case? Any public suggestions will help. Thanks

Original title: Files infection.

yi siangng, May 9, 2021
  4. Safety Scanner detected Infected file during scan and then shows nothing have been detected

Windows malicious software removal tool detects 18 infected files but at the end says there is no malicious files detected

If full scan with the latest version of Safety Scanner didn't detect anything, then you are safe. They might have been error in scanning like incorrect detection or it might detect something which later on has been removed. For example it might detect files
    in TEMP folder but they have been removed before scanner remove them.

Just make sure you have real-time Anti-Malware in your PC and it is on

Cyber_Defend_Team, May 9, 2021
Thema:

Safety Scanner detected Infected file during scan and then shows nothing have been detected

1. Safety Scanner detected Infected file during scan and then shows nothing have been detected - Similar Threads - Safety Scanner detected

2. MS Safety Scanner shows several "Infected Files" during scan then says "no viruses,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Safety Scanner shows several "Infected Files" during scan then says "no viruses,...: MS Safety Scanner shows several "Infected Files" during scan then says "no viruses, spyware... were detected" when finished? Is this ok?I'm having a problem with windows update. It gets partially through the update and then says the update didn't work and backs-off the...
  3. MS Safety Scanner shows several "Infected Files" during scan then says "no viruses,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Safety Scanner shows several "Infected Files" during scan then says "no viruses,...: MS Safety Scanner shows several "Infected Files" during scan then says "no viruses, spyware... were detected" when finished? Is this ok?I'm having a problem with windows update. It gets partially through the update and then says the update didn't work and backs-off the...
  4. MS Safety Scanner shows several "Infected Files" during scan then says "no viruses,...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Why does Microsoft Safety Scanner detect 4 infected files during scan, but at the end of...

Why does Microsoft Safety Scanner detect 4 infected files during scan, but at the end of...: I ran the Microsoft Safety Scanner, and it found 4 infected files which it did not mention at the end of the scan. I ran it again partially until it found one infected file and then I cancelled the scan. I also ran the Microsoft Defender antivirus with full and offline scans,...
  6. Microsoft safety Scanner detects 13 infected files during scan, and the scan result at the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft safety Scanner detects 13 infected files during scan, and the scan result at the...: Microsoft safety Scanner detects 13 infected files during scan, and when I get the scan result at the end it says "The scan completed successfully and no viruses, and other potentially unwanted software were detected".Why does this happen? I have tried booting in to safe mode...
  7. Microsoft safety Scanner detects 13 infected files during scan, and the scan result at the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft safety Scanner detects 13 infected files during scan, and the scan result at the...: Microsoft safety Scanner detects 13 infected files during scan, and when I get the scan result at the end it says "The scan completed successfully and no viruses, and other potentially unwanted software were detected".Why does this happen? I have tried booting in to safe mode...
  8. I scanned my pc with microsoft safety scanner and during the scan it detected a infected...

I scanned my pc with microsoft safety scanner and during the scan it detected a infected...: Hi I just used microsoft safety scanner because I had a feeling there was something wrong and during the scan it says 1 file was found malicious and then at the end of the scan it says no threats detected. Whats the deal? What do I need to do?...
  9. MSERT Microsoft Safety Scanner shows 4 infected files during the scan, but when scan ends...

MSERT Microsoft Safety Scanner shows 4 infected files during the scan, but when scan ends...: Like the title says, while I am running the Microsoft Security Scanner it shows that it found 4 infected files, yet when the scanner ends it says it found nothing, and shows no detections in the log. Has anyone ever seen this before, or know how to fix it?...
  10. Microsoft Safety Scanner shows Infection during scan but at the end Result shows no infection

Microsoft Safety Scanner shows Infection during scan but at the end Result shows no infection: During the scanning progress indicates "Files Infected" etc. 11 files; at the end of scan indicates no viruses detected. My question is are infected files not virus and did the scanner delete the infection or the problems? thanks [Original Title: Microsoft Safety Scanner]...