Windows 10: Safety Scanner download 64bit not working

Discus and support Safety Scanner download 64bit not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Tried loading the Safety Scanner. It downloaded. When I went to run it gave me error ox8051002.Looked up error code. It said to try and download Safety... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by cweisner, Mar 13, 2023.

1. cweisner Win User

Safety Scanner download 64bit not working

Tried loading the Safety Scanner. It downloaded. When I went to run it gave me error ox8051002.Looked up error code. It said to try and download Safety scanner again. I did that, same error code.Went to a different computer and downloaded it, same error.Called a friend and had them download it, same error.Safety scanner no longer available?

:)

cweisner, Mar 13, 2023
  2. dalchina Win User

Unable to Load Microsoft Safety Scanner Web Page

Hi, Which specific URL are you having problems with?

Does this help?
    You cannot download the Microsoft Safety Scanner because of a malware infection - Microsoft Support
    "If a malware infection is preventing you from downloading the Microsoft Safety Scanner to your computer, use one of the following methods to download and run the tool.Method 1: Run the Microsoft Safety Scanner from removable media

Save the Microsoft Safety Scanner to removable media on an uninfected computer, and then run the tool on the infected computer. To do this, follow these steps:........................................"

You can also get the scanner here e.g.
    Microsoft Safety Scanner Download

dalchina, Mar 13, 2023
  3. mjg78 Win User
    Safety scanner download error

In trying to download the safety scanner an error message popped up explaining that it could not be saved because the source file could not be read. Any suggestions as to why?

Thank you in advance.

mjg78, Mar 13, 2023
  4. Safety Scanner download 64bit not working

Microsoft safety scanner finds no virus?

Hello Anxious,

I am Jaspreet Singh.

Microsoft Scanner works in steps.

So at first stage it will detect what may be an infected file and it will add that to a list. This is the number you see when you see the scanner progressing. These are not actual infections, just suspicious files.

Once the scan is done the safety scanner will match the suspected files with the most recent database of threats and then tell you the actual infections on your system. If the last number is 0 it means no actual infection was found.

JaspreetSingh08, Mar 13, 2023
Thema:

Safety Scanner download 64bit not working

1. Safety Scanner download 64bit not working - Similar Threads - Safety Scanner download

2. Safety Scanner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Safety Scanner: I downloaded and ran safety scanner from microsoft. it detected 35 infected files, however, the scan just finished itself and said there were 0 files infected. I serched for the debug log and none was created. What happened to the 35 infected files it found when it was...
  3. Safety Scanner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Safety Scanner: I downloaded and ran safety scanner from microsoft. it detected 35 infected files, however, the scan just finished itself and said there were 0 files infected. I serched for the debug log and none was created. What happened to the 35 infected files it found when it was...
  4. Safety Scanner

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. SAFETY SCANNER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SAFETY SCANNER: Where do i find results from the safety scanner https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safety-scanner/9f5891fb-82b3-42cc-8494-d7555d99757f
  6. SAFETY SCANNER

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SAFETY SCANNER: Where do i find results from the safety scanner https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safety-scanner/9f5891fb-82b3-42cc-8494-d7555d99757f
  7. SAFETY SCANNER

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Safety Scanner download 64bit not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Safety Scanner download 64bit not working: Tried loading the Safety Scanner. It downloaded. When I went to run it gave me error ox8051002.Looked up error code. It said to try and download Safety scanner again. I did that, same error code.Went to a different computer and downloaded it, same error.Called a friend and...
  9. Safety Scanner download 64bit not working

Safety Scanner download 64bit not working: Tried loading the Safety Scanner. It downloaded. When I went to run it gave me error ox8051002.Looked up error code. It said to try and download Safety scanner again. I did that, same error code.Went to a different computer and downloaded it, same error.Called a friend and...
  10. Safety Scanner

Safety Scanner: I ran a full scan using the Microsoft Safety Scanner. Towards the end of the scan I was showing over 20+ files as being infected. When the scan finished I was informed I had a HackTool/Android-Metaploit. I then decided to run the scan again and the Scanner was showing the...