Windows 10: Safety Scanner

Discus and support Safety Scanner in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I ran a full scan using the Microsoft Safety Scanner. Towards the end of the scan I was showing over 20+ files as being infected. When the scan... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JoshuaHamlett, May 30, 2021.

1. Safety Scanner

I ran a full scan using the Microsoft Safety Scanner. Towards the end of the scan I was showing over 20+ files as being infected. When the scan finished I was informed I had a HackTool/Android-Metaploit. I then decided to run the scan again and the Scanner was showing the same number of infected files towards the end of the scan, however this time when the scan was complete the results said that there was nothing infected.Why was I showing infected files during the scan but then nothing for the results?

:)

JoshuaHamlett, May 30, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

Unable to Load Microsoft Safety Scanner Web Page

Hi, Which specific URL are you having problems with?

Does this help?
    You cannot download the Microsoft Safety Scanner because of a malware infection
    "If a malware infection is preventing you from downloading the Microsoft Safety Scanner to your computer, use one of the following methods to download and run the tool.Method 1: Run the Microsoft Safety Scanner from removable media

Save the Microsoft Safety Scanner to removable media on an uninfected computer, and then run the tool on the infected computer. To do this, follow these steps:........................................"

You can also get the scanner here e.g.
    Microsoft Safety Scanner Download

dalchina, May 30, 2021
  3. Update Issue Safety Scanner

If you are using Windows Defender, you won't need Safety Scanner, as Windows Defender contains all malwares which are in Safety Scanner list and it has additional protection like cloud-protection, just make sure it is update and run a full system scan with
    it.

Do you have access to those files which has been detected with ESET?

Could you post back the list of malware?

Cyber_Defend_Team, May 30, 2021
  4. jeanacox Win User

Safety Scanner

Need help/suggestions to remove this virus. Microsoft Safety Scanner was suggested and tried but it could not remove one

*Original Title: Zeus b2957e virus

Need help/suggestions to remove this virus. Microsoft Safety Scanner was suggested and tried but it could not remove one

which of course is this Zeus b2957e since it is still there. I am a novice compared to most/all of you so I am up for any help/suggestions.

The malware listed on Microsoft Safety Scanner it could not remove= Exploit:Java/Obfuscator.W

[Moved from Windows]

jeanacox, May 30, 2021
Thema:

Safety Scanner

1. Safety Scanner - Similar Threads - Safety Scanner

2. Microsoft Safety Scanner Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Safety Scanner Issue: Good afternoon,I was running the Microsoft Safety Scanner v1.407 full scan and it showed there were 5 infected files when it was scanning but when the scan completed it said, "No infection found". Is this normal behavior of the tool?...
  3. Microsoft Safety Scanner Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Safety Scanner Issue: Good afternoon,I was running the Microsoft Safety Scanner v1.407 full scan and it showed there were 5 infected files when it was scanning but when the scan completed it said, "No infection found". Is this normal behavior of the tool?...
  4. Microsoft Safety Scanner problem: In the 4th, 5th, 6th scans it finds 3 infected files. and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Safety Scanner problem: In the 4th, 5th, 6th scans it finds 3 infected files. and...: I have full-scanned my computer by using Microsoft Safety Scanner. In the first scan. It has found 9 infected files. In the immediate second scan it found 9 infected files again. In the third one it found 7 files. In the 4th, 5th, 6th scans it found 3 infected files. In the...
  5. Microsoft Safety Scanner problem: In the 4th, 5th, 6th scans it finds 3 infected files. and...

Microsoft Safety Scanner problem: In the 4th, 5th, 6th scans it finds 3 infected files. and...: I have full-scanned my computer by using Microsoft Safety Scanner. In the first scan. It has found 9 infected files. In the immediate second scan it found 9 infected files again. In the third one it found 7 files. In the 4th, 5th, 6th scans it found 3 infected files. In the...
  6. Microsoft Safety Scanner problem: In the 4th, 5th, 6th scans it finds 3 infected files. and...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Why my Safety scanner is running at background without opening it ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my Safety scanner is running at background without opening it ?: Is this legit safety scanner process at the background?Could I end the process? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-safety-scanner-is-running-at-background/40e92dde-63ad-4bf6-b4ef-9118643ed106
  8. Why my Safety scanner is running at background without opening it ?

Why my Safety scanner is running at background without opening it ?: Is this legit safety scanner process at the background?Could I end the process? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-safety-scanner-is-running-at-background/40e92dde-63ad-4bf6-b4ef-9118643ed106
  9. MS Safety Scanner Confusing Results

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Safety Scanner Confusing Results: I ran the Microsoft Safety Scanner MSERT.While it was scanning it said there were 97 infected files. When it was done it said there were no infected files. Does that mean it removed them? How do I Know what/where they were?...
  10. MS Safety Scanner Confusing Results

MS Safety Scanner Confusing Results: I ran the Microsoft Safety Scanner MSERT.While it was scanning it said there were 97 infected files. When it was done it said there were no infected files. Does that mean it removed them? How do I Know what/where they were?...