Windows 10: /sageset

Discus and support /sageset in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have set an application on /sageset:1. Where are sageset commands stored and how can I remove that application from using /sageset:1? I have checked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HBen_, Jul 28, 2021.

1. HBen_ Win User

/sageset

I have set an application on /sageset:1. Where are sageset commands stored and how can I remove that application from using /sageset:1? I have checked in Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\VolumeCaches but I only see the Default key.

:)

HBen_, Jul 28, 2021

2. cleanmgr SAGESET and SAGERUN

An "n" number act like an identifier. It's a Disk Cleanup Handler identifier. The unique number that will identify which the item should be cleaned up.

To add a handler to the disk cleanup manager's list, certain keys and values must be added to the Windows registry

You can consult the values in Registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\VolumeCaches

Try to review each value within, and maybe you'll find out one of the registry value attached with
    StateFlags and

StateFlagsXXXX, which the XXXX is the number you've set with swicth
    SAGESET before in command

CleanMGR /SAGESET:XXX

About what number, it's all up to you to decide.

For further information, you can find in:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/bb776782(v=vs.85).aspx

Abdi Haikal, Jul 28, 2021
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Disk Clean up tool

Try 3 steps below:
    1. Download TFC Temporary file removal tool . Right click and run as admin.
      Note: This program will kill some background processes in order to delete the locked temp files.
    2. Open Admin command and run cleanmgr in extended mode, put check marks on everything:
      %SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c Cleanmgr /sageset:65535 & Cleanmgr /sagerun:65535
    3. Run cleanmgr in normal mode again to see if Temporary Internet Files were deleted.

topgundcp, Jul 28, 2021
  4. f14tomcat Win User

/sageset

disk cleanup out of order?

If Edge is open, there will be a lot of locked files.

To delete files in the Temporary Internet Files folder (or cache) in Microsoft Edge, follow the steps below:

• Open your Microsoft Edge browser.
    • Click on the More Actions menu with three dots, then select Settings.
    • Below Clear Browsing Data, click Choose what to clear.
    • Select the data that you want to delete.
    • Click Clear.

Also, as an alternative to Disk Cleanup, try the command line version, as Admin:

%SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c Cleanmgr /sageset:65535 & Cleanmgr /sagerun:65535

f14tomcat, Jul 28, 2021
Thema:

/sageset

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sagset xx