Windows 10: Sales and Marketing at Microsoft Has Pulled Out All the Stops -- What is LTE Connectivity?

Discus and support Sales and Marketing at Microsoft Has Pulled Out All the Stops -- What is LTE Connectivity? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Just got directed to the scare web site. Oh my God! Support for Windows 7 is ending! For just $199.99 (plus tax) you can upgrade to Windows 10!... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by EndUser_1004, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Sales and Marketing at Microsoft Has Pulled Out All the Stops -- What is LTE Connectivity?

Just got directed to the scare web site. Oh my God! Support for Windows 7 is ending! For just $199.99 (plus tax) you can upgrade to Windows 10! Imagine how you will benefit from Windows 10! Plenty of New! Improved! Windows! Features! And the "familiar" user interface. Quite different from what you are used to. You pay extry for a subscription to cloud-based Office, the cash cow. I use Windows 7 to run an audio streaming PC for a radio reading service for the blind. Do you think I use the PC to play games? To send/receive email? To make PowerPoint presentations? To make spreadsheets? Nope. It does one thing: sends sounds to the blind, 24/7/365. Except when IIS gets hacked. You see, unlike most PCs, the streamer PC is fully exposed to the Internet at a static IP address. It is protected by a WatchGuard firewall appliance. Only ports 80 and 8000 are not blocked. The bad guys got in despite use of Norton Anti-Virus and Malwarebytes. Norton discovered there was a malware application happily running in the welcoming arms of IIS when it tried to send BitCoin to the Internet. Sales and Marketing does not mention this feature. There is no picture of my scowl as I reimaged the PC. It was the only means I have to recover from the lack of security. For 98% of Windows customers Windows 10 is perfectly fine. If you want technical support it will cost you just $499. Oh! And I didn't mention the DevOps-inspired constant "updates" in which product defects (bugs in Windows) are corrected and you get New! Improved! Features! While you watch the dots circulate. Surgeons in the middle of open heart operations love to watch Windows update itself.

:)

EndUser_1004, Sep 10, 2019
  2. wpfan86 Win User

Lumia 650 and AT&T: LTE or no?

Hello community!

Now that the 650 is on sale in US Microsoft Stores, I was all ready to pull the trigger...until I looked at the specs again. I notice Microsoft's webpage for the Lumia 650 does not list Band 17 / 700MHz frequency, which is AT&T's most widely used LTE band.
    Does a Lumia 650 purchased at a US Microsoft Store support Band 17 / 700MHz or not? If I purchase this phone will I have
    FULL LTE coverage on AT&T or not?

I have posed this question on a number of other forums with no one having a clear answer. I put the question to a MS rep in an online chat who insisted it would have LTE coverage on AT&T, but could not explain why Band 17 / 700MHz was not listed in the specs.
    Does anyone here have an answer?

Thanks in advance!

wpfan86, Sep 10, 2019
  3. dualcells Win User
    BLU Jr LTE, two LTE sim cards (Bell & Telus), How can I have both active?

I have a BLU Jr LTE phone that is currently using to Windows Phone 8.1 Update 2.

• SIM1: Bell (pulled from my Android)
    • SIM2: Telus (pulled from my BlackBerry)

Test results:

• SIM1 = on; SIM2 = off: connects to Bell with LTE data service
    • SIM1 = off; SIM2 = on: connects to Telus with LTE data service
    • If I try to turn on a second SIM while the other one active, the status bar reports "No Service"for the SIM that was last activated.
    Ideally I would like to have both SIM cards active simultaneously. If anyone has achieved this goal with this phone, I would appreciate your reply.

Thank you in advance.

dualcells, Sep 10, 2019
  4. Sales and Marketing at Microsoft Has Pulled Out All the Stops -- What is LTE Connectivity?

LTE APN Problems

So I bought a HP Spectre X2 with LTE
    It was designed for Verizon but the Amazon Listing says Supports T Mobile

I put the SIM In. And it works shows T Mobile and everything is fine.

Then if I reinstalled Windows or Update. Or ANY change to the OS. The LTE no longer works. It will show T Mobile. It will go back and forth between Activating and Applied

And if I try and connect it says Enter APN No APN Found

I've had To Mobile on the phone. Threw various APNs in. And Nothing

There is an APN there but it just won't work. Something is getting messed up and I really love this tablet and want the LTE to work

Please help

EpiphanyOfMusic, Sep 10, 2019
Thema:

Sales and Marketing at Microsoft Has Pulled Out All the Stops -- What is LTE Connectivity?

1. Sales and Marketing at Microsoft Has Pulled Out All the Stops -- What is LTE Connectivity? - Similar Threads - Sales Marketing Microsoft

2. Word 2021 Has Me Pulling My Hair Out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Word 2021 Has Me Pulling My Hair Out: The problem lies at the bottom of a page, where it says accesibility: investigate.When right-clicking the space a window pops up for formatting, line number, page number, etc.IF I can get it to work correctly, when I close Word, reopen, go to Find page, insert number - then,...
  3. "Connection has timed out"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Connection has timed out": I get "Connection has timed out" on some websites that fail to open, I flushed the dns and renewed but that did not work how can this be fixed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connection-has-timed-out/6f881cdc-cdf2-4d6a-930d-f26b49957d97
  4. The connection has timed out

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    The connection has timed out: after waking the computer i have to go thru two of theese The connection has timed out An error occurred during a connection to photoinspection.info. The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments. If you are unable to load any pages,...
  5. The connection has timed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The connection has timed out: after waking the computer i have to go thru two of theese The connection has timed out An error occurred during a connection to photoinspection.info. The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments. If you are unable to load any pages,...
  6. What is primeswg.com ? big sales on Microsoft software, is it legit?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    What is primeswg.com ? big sales on Microsoft software, is it legit?: I was looking for VS 2019 price on google and primeswg.com popup with big sales on Microsoft software, is it legit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-primeswgcom/f8f6e5d3-84e0-424a-9fc6-6c78c6c0daea"
  7. LTE Connection

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    LTE Connection: How to keep my LTE connection when my MS Surface Pro5 laptop sleeps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lte-connection/f5af4331-0bac-48f7-b60e-0811b1a62513
  8. All weekend microsoft word games has a blank advertisement that keeps pulling up a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All weekend microsoft word games has a blank advertisement that keeps pulling up a...: All weekend there has been a blank white banner ad on Microsoft Word games that constantly pulls up a malware page, spoofing Microsoft.com and saying I have a virus. This is annoying to the point I am about to uninstall the game. This needs to be corrected immediately. It...
  9. Windows 10 LTE connection stops after a while and cannot reconnect.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 LTE connection stops after a while and cannot reconnect.: After booting the computer everything works fine and the LTE auto connects, but after a few hours of use the LTE connection says it is connected but no internet connection. If I try to disconnect/connect, the computer says "Can't connect to this network" "enter an APN and...
  10. Microsoft has pulled the Windows 10 November Update

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft has pulled the Windows 10 November Update: Microsoft has pulled the Windows 10 November Update from Windows Update 30988