Windows 10: Salvaging Personal Files Before Reset

Discus and support Salvaging Personal Files Before Reset in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Pretty straightforward question. Windows 10 BSOD “BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO”, spent like 5 hours trying every solution I could find, nothing worked. I’m... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Elfire, May 15, 2020.

1. /u/Elfire Win User

Salvaging Personal Files Before Reset

Pretty straightforward question.

Windows 10 BSOD “BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO”, spent like 5 hours trying every solution I could find, nothing worked. I’m about to do a clean install from a USB. Is there any way I can do that without deleting personal files? I’m fine losing apps but I have some important spreadsheets I’d like to keep.

submitted by /u/Elfire
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Elfire, May 15, 2020
  2. swat354 Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, May 15, 2020
  3. MP4 Personal Video files lag after August 2016 update (windows 10)

Hi Nicki,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Video playback troubleshooter and check

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Video playback options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to copy the files from your computer to another working computer and check if you are able to access them.

This will let us know if the issue is with specific files types on your computer.

Hope it helps. Update of the status of accessing MP4 Personal Video files for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, May 15, 2020
  4. Salvaging Personal Files Before Reset

Personal files not removed after reset

Hi Steve,

To better assist you with your concern, I would like to ask few information:

• Do you have any external drives connected to your PC?
    • Is your OneDrive sync On?

If you have an external drive connected to your PC, I suggest that you disconnect it first before you perform the reset on your computer.

Ruizell Rey, May 15, 2020
Thema:

Salvaging Personal Files Before Reset

1. Salvaging Personal Files Before Reset - Similar Threads - Salvaging Personal Files

2. Resetting PC and Forgot To Decrypt Files Before

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Resetting PC and Forgot To Decrypt Files Before: Hi There, ok so i Encrypted some of my files in My computer and also changed My computer password, but i forgot My computer password so i reset My PC, but after resetting My PC i can't open or copy or move those Encrypted Files since the ownership changed after resetting My...
  3. Resetting PC and Forgot To Decrypt Files Before

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resetting PC and Forgot To Decrypt Files Before: Hi There, ok so i Encrypted some of my files in My computer and also changed My computer password, but i forgot My computer password so i reset My PC, but after resetting My PC i can't open or copy or move those Encrypted Files since the ownership changed after resetting My...
  4. Resetting PC and Forgot To Decrypt Files Before

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Keep Personal Files on Resetting Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep Personal Files on Resetting Windows: Hi, My laptop recently crashed every time I play games. Turns out there's a corrupted window file and I decided to reset my Windows. Since I'm a student I want to save absolute everything from my C: driveMy questions are:-1. Do I need to backup or copy my files to another...
  6. Keep Personal Files on Resetting Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keep Personal Files on Resetting Windows: Hi, My laptop recently crashed every time I play games. Turns out there's a corrupted window file and I decided to reset my Windows. Since I'm a student I want to save absolute everything from my C: driveMy questions are:-1. Do I need to backup or copy my files to another...
  7. Keep Personal Files on Resetting Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Transfer Files before Factory Reset - HELP

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transfer Files before Factory Reset - HELP: Long version (short version below): When I bought my Inspiron 15 5000 Series with a solid state (holds OS) and disk drive (1 TB of storage) I didn't realize that the default drive was the solid state one (I'm not computer savvy). So now I'm almost out of space and...
  9. Reset PC without deleting personal files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset PC without deleting personal files: I have a question about the reset PC and keeping personal data does it delete programs and there data too or does it delete apps? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-pc-without-deleting-personal-files/627eec92-5065-4137-afbf-9e64a24bfbe5
  10. Salvageing Hardware

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Salvageing Hardware: Can any parts such as memory modules be salvaged for spare parts for a new computer. I am thinking about removing the old memory modules to increase the memory of the new computer. I did this a long time ago, but I forget the details. One computer is a Dell and the other is...