Windows 10: Samba Client and Windows 10 Home - "NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE"/"Access denied"

Discus and support Samba Client and Windows 10 Home - "NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE"/"Access denied" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm trying to access a file share from a Windows 10 Home using a Samba client. However the following errors happen... 1# - smbclient... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by eduardolucioac, Sep 20, 2019.

1. Samba Client and Windows 10 Home - "NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE"/"Access denied"

I'm trying to access a file share from a Windows 10 Home using a Samba client. However the following errors happen...

1# - smbclient

[root@eduardo-nb eduardo]# smbclient -L 192.168.0.5 -W WORKGROUP -U eduardo
    Enter WORKGROUP\eduardo's password:
    session setup failed: NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE

2# - Dolphin

Samba Client and Windows 10 Home - "NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE"/"Access denied" bc60352f-bf35-4b02-a320-783d9e7af214?upload=true.png

----------------

NOTE: The only way to gain access to the share is by following the procedures described here ...

File Sharing not working

... which consist of allowing access to "Everyone" and "Turn off password protected sharing".

QUESTION: I would like to access this share with my existing Windows 10 Home user (has administrative prerogatives)... So what may be happening?

Thanks! =D

[Refs.: https://askubuntu.com/q/47291/134723 , https://askubuntu.com/q/109507/134723 , https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-sharing-not-working/e6df6ac5-bb5a-41b3-8253-bd59b49d94bd , https://askubuntu.com/q/1175394/134723 ]

:)

eduardolucioac, Sep 20, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 20, 2019
  3. mbratch Win User
    Samba Shares don't show up in Windows 10 Network

I have a peculiar Samba share issue.

I was running Windows 7 on my laptop. I have a file server running Linux and Samba. When I open the Network icon in Windows 7, I see my server there and I can open it and access the associated folder shares.

I upgraded to Windows 10. Now if I double click the network icon, I don't see any machines except my local client laptop. However, if I enter the UNC path to my samba server (\\myserver) into the path bar of Windows Explorer, I can access the server. If I want to add a network printer to my laptop that is shared by the server, it won't find the server in the search list. However, I can enter the literal UNC path to the printer and add it. So it has something to do with nmb I think? Not sure.

Any suggestions on how to resolve it?

mbratch, Sep 20, 2019
  4. Samba Client and Windows 10 Home - "NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE"/"Access denied"

the group policy client service failed the sign-in access is denied windows 10

Hi you

I have a bad problem. I can't sign in to my account in Windows 10( home )( Asus N501 vw) . There is only one user account and when I type right pass to sign in , a green screen shot appears which contains this sentence:

The group policy client service failed the sign-in access is denied

I have read all suggestion to fix it but I can't sign in and all these suggestions worked when you are​ sign in.

What can I do?

Thanks.best regards

Behnamboure, Sep 20, 2019
Thema:

Samba Client and Windows 10 Home - "NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE"/"Access denied"

1. Samba Client and Windows 10 Home - "NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE"/"Access denied" - Similar Threads - Samba Client Home

2. Access Denied on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access Denied on Windows 10: HiI cannot access the Marks & Spencer site using my Windows 10 Laptop either in Chrome or Microsoft Edge getting an Access Denied message see my attached screen grab. I have no problems doing so using my Windows 7 Laptop or any of my Android devices.Can anyone tell me what...
  3. Window 10 access is denied

Window 10 access is denied: I found my computer try in to boot but goes to a blue screen then trying to repair it but is not working.Then I want to command prompt and I try to run bootrec.exe/fix boot I got access denied.Then I trough DiskpartI rename the Valium in my case drive c: where I thing the...
  4. Windows 10 Access denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Access denied: I tried access this folder which is in external HDD which is mine. I opened the folder several time before but now this show access denied. And I went security panel and now it shows this. I tried change the ownership and it show... I can't eve change the ownership .I tried...
  5. Windows 10 Access denied

Windows 10 Access denied: I tried access this folder which is in external HDD which is mine. I opened the folder several time before but now this show access denied. And I went security panel and now it shows this. I tried change the ownership and it show... I can't eve change the ownership .I tried...
  6. Samba in linux can't be accessed with windows 10, but another pc can access samba.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Samba in linux can't be accessed with windows 10, but another pc can access samba.: Hello, I am trying to make a samba server in pop!_os, I've tried connecting to samba with my Asus N43SL and it worked, but when I tried it on the Lenovo V330-14kb it doesn't work, I tried the troubleshooter, but it doesn't do anything....
  7. NAS Samba SMB2 not accessible on Windows 10

NAS Samba SMB2 not accessible on Windows 10: Hello, for some time now I have not been able to access the files on my NAS from my Windows 10 PC. This is a D-Link DNS-325 Sharecenter type NAS on which I use the opensource Alt-F firmware, SMB2 compatible. Windows version: Windows 10 Pro x64, Version 1909 18363.1256 When...
  8. Access is denied Windows 10

Access is denied Windows 10: Hello, I get access is denied when trying to access Application Data folder for example, even though I am the admin of my computer. How come? And how do I fix it? Regards...
  9. DHCP Client Service gives Access Denied error in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    DHCP Client Service gives Access Denied error in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) is a client/server protocol which essentially makes it possible to connect to the internet over Ethernet or WiFi. If you receive an error message “Windows could not start the DHCP client on Local Computer,” or...
  10. Group Policy Client service failed Access is denied.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Group Policy Client service failed Access is denied.: My partner and I share a laptop. My account is fine but he gets this message. I am administrator. I've checked the GPSvc Group and it looks fine. Is the only solution to recreate the profile?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. samba client and windows 10 NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE