Windows 10: Samba in linux can't be accessed with windows 10, but another pc can access samba.

Discus and support Samba in linux can't be accessed with windows 10, but another pc can access samba. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I am trying to make a samba server in pop!_os, I've tried connecting to samba with my Asus N43SL and it worked, but when I tried it on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HeaganNicholas, Feb 2, 2021.

1. Samba in linux can't be accessed with windows 10, but another pc can access samba.

Hello, I am trying to make a samba server in pop!_os, I've tried connecting to samba with my Asus N43SL and it worked, but when I tried it on the Lenovo V330-14kb it doesn't work, I tried the troubleshooter, but it doesn't do anything.

:)

HeaganNicholas, Feb 2, 2021

2. Windows 10 having trouble access samba shared with upper case name

I have several windows 10 computer on the LAN and a linux file server with a samba share. On two laptops, when I open the file explorer, it list all the computers on the network, including the samba server, all in upper case, both on the left hand side
    panel and also in the top right side 'Computers' section.

When I click these computer names, most of them work as expected, asks credential and then let me access shared drive. Only on the samba server, when I click on it's name, it always shows an error message: "Windows cannot access \\SERVER" where server is
    the name of the samba server. In the details box, it shows an error code '0x80070035', the network path was not found.

But, if I type \\SERVER (in upper or lower case) into the address bar in the file explorer, it works as expected, shows me all the shared contents from the server. And also, after this initial connection, clicking on the upper case SERVER name on the left
    side panel works.

John2019_385, Feb 2, 2021
  3. Samba Client and Windows 10 Home - "NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE"/"Access denied"

Add the Linux machine to the Windows 10 HOSTS file. Can access the Linux box from the Windows 10 PC?

Also, try moving the file share on the Windows 10 PC to the Public folder and change the sharing permissions to everyone.

I don't have access to a Linux box, but I was able to do this from macOS, which uses Samba. Here is how I was able to access it, its just a proof of concept.

Its likely something is not configured properly that might be preventing you from accessing the machine.

Samba in linux can't be accessed with windows 10, but another pc can access samba. [​IMG]

Andre for Directly, Feb 2, 2021
  4. Jedi Win User

Samba in linux can't be accessed with windows 10, but another pc can access samba.

Cannot access Samba share

Hi,

I have a few Windows 10 computers and some linux computers on my network. I use Samba to enable sharing between the Windows and Linux computers. On one of the Windows computer I have a Storage Spaces drive set up as a Samba share. I can access some of the folders on this drive from the linux computers but not all of them. So I am assuming it must be a permissions issue with some of the folders.

If I go to properties, security, advanced for the folders on the Storage Spaces drive it lists the permission entries. I have noticed on the folder that can be accessed under the "Inherited from" column it lists "G:" which is the drive letter for the Storage Spaces drive.

If I go to properties, security, advanced for the folder that cannot be accessed on the Storage Spaces drive it lists the under the "Inherited from" column "None".

I am wondering if my problem could be solved by changing the "Inherited from" column from "None" to "G:".

Can this be done and is this the correct way to solve my problem?

Thank you for your help.

Jedi, Feb 2, 2021
Thema:

Samba in linux can't be accessed with windows 10, but another pc can access samba.

1. Samba in linux can't be accessed with windows 10, but another pc can access samba. - Similar Threads - Samba linux can't

2. How can I access a samba server by selecting the port on windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I access a samba server by selecting the port on windows 10: Hi maybe this simple but I didn't find the answer on google but if i want to connect to a samba server I just have to go on file explorer and input \\serveradress\ but to connect online I have to select a port but If I put \\serveradress:port\ it doesn't work. sorry english...
  3. Access Samba server on different port

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Access Samba server on different port: Hi! I need to access a samba server running on port 22139 on Windows. On Linux, it works with the following command: sudo mount -o username=user,password=pass,port=22139,uid=1000,gid=1000 //mywebsite/folder /mnt/share. This will mount the samba server on port 22139 to...
  4. NAS Samba SMB2 not accessible on Windows 10

NAS Samba SMB2 not accessible on Windows 10: Hello, for some time now I have not been able to access the files on my NAS from my Windows 10 PC. This is a D-Link DNS-325 Sharecenter type NAS on which I use the opensource Alt-F firmware, SMB2 compatible. Windows version: Windows 10 Pro x64, Version 1909 18363.1256 When...
  5. Samba Client and Windows 10 Home - "NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE"/"Access denied"

Samba Client and Windows 10 Home - "NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE"/"Access denied": I'm trying to access a file share from a Windows 10 Home using a Samba client. However the following errors happen... 1# - smbclient [root@eduardo-nb eduardo]# smbclient -L 192.168.0.5 -W WORKGROUP -U eduardo Enter WORKGROUP\eduardo's password: session setup...
  6. I can't get Win10 PC to Access Ubuntu 18.10 Samba Shares

I can't get Win10 PC to Access Ubuntu 18.10 Samba Shares: Actually, I don't know if I have a Windows problem or a Ubuntu problem here. I've been using a Ubuntu server for years accessing it with Windows computers with no problems. Then I upgraded to Ubuntu 18.10 I'm trying to share several folders from my Ubuntu server with my...
  7. Cannot access Samba share

Cannot access Samba share: Hi, I have a few Windows 10 computers and some linux computers on my network. I use Samba to enable sharing between the Windows and Linux computers. On one of the Windows computer I have a Storage Spaces drive set up as a Samba share. I can access some of the folders on this...
  8. XP and NAS (Samba) access

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    XP and NAS (Samba) access: Hi folks If you use XP VM's there can sometimes be a problem with connecting TO a Linux / samba NAS. Connecting FROM the NAS is OK as is connecting to or from other Windows Hosts / guests. In your smb.config file add [global] lanman auth=yes ntlm auth=yes Now it works...
  9. SAMBA and Windows 10

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    SAMBA and Windows 10: Hi there I know a load of people have Linux as a VM on a Windows 10 Host (and the other way around too). Samba will often yield strange results with W10 if you don't set up the smb.conf file correctly to work with W10. This should also fix "timeout on server" type of...
  10. Can't access Samba shares on 10049

Can't access Samba shares on 10049: I just reinstalled after I was having issues. Everything seems to be working smoothly, except that I can't access the shares on all but one of my other computers for some reason. Most devices that aren't running either some flavor of Windows or Samba show up just fine. I...