Windows 10: Samba Roll back to ver 3.6.23 All network problems VANISHED !!!!!

Discus and support Samba Roll back to ver 3.6.23 All network problems VANISHED !!!!! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there After fighting a losing battle with Linux (SAMBA 4) and Windows Networking -- I rolled back my CENTOS 7 Host to CENTOS 6.7 with SAMBA... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jimbo45, Feb 24, 2016.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Samba Roll back to ver 3.6.23 All network problems VANISHED !!!!!

Hi there

After fighting a losing battle with Linux (SAMBA 4) and Windows Networking -- I rolled back my CENTOS 7 Host to CENTOS 6.7 with SAMBA 3.6.23

All Network problems FIXED at a stroke -- even the VM's on the Linux box can see other physical Windows boxes and vise versa.
    All Windows boxes both VM and real can communicate both with each other and the server.

Mixture of W7 / W10 and XP -- all seeing and working 100%. W10 latest W10 x-64 pro with all updates (retail version --i.e not the Insider version -- will test that later. The Shared files are all accessible from all the windows boxes with the correct permissions too.

Seems that some networking in SAMBA 4 must have changed -- even though the installation manual recommended using SAMBA 4 for Windows 10 connectivity specifically.

I'm using the server (CENTOS) essentially as a file / multi-media server and run a couple of VM's on it so rolling back to 6.7 from 7 with an older kernel was no big deal --it's still supported until 2020 -- who knows what hardware I'll have then. !!!

Not sure why it cleared up problem with other WINDOWS PHYSICAL machines on the network - but Windows networking to me is like the Wizard in the Harry Potter books. Still it's all working -- don't know how or why but I'm happy now.

(BTW if you roll back your server to an earlier release whether Windows or Linux DON'T re-format your DATA drives - the though of re-loading around 7 - 8 TB of multi-media again and then creating the databases -- No thanks).

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Feb 24, 2016
  2. BjørnBr Win User

KB 3189866

PaulSey

My mapped network drives all reside on a Synology Disk Station. When I changed the Samba setting on this device from the old ver. SMB 1 to ver. SMB 2, there were no more problems, and everything is fine since then. (But even the support on the Synology site
    did not mention this option... so I was totally in the hands of other good people helping out.)

BjørnBr, Feb 24, 2016
  3. lilbec383 Win User
    Computer showing up as "other device"?

Thanks for your response.

I decided to just perform a system restore. This rolled whatever I did back enough that I can at least access the computer to map a network drive, although it's still not coming up in the Network folder.

As for the 0x80070035 network error, I tried the solution above, as well as about 20 other things, all to no avail. I can't access it from either computer - I can access the IP address and the Samba folder (usbdisk) is listed, but if I try to access it,
    I get the "network path not found" error. I'm going to just put it in the too hard basket for now I think, although it would have been good to access that feature on my modem.

lilbec383, Feb 24, 2016
Thema:

Samba Roll back to ver 3.6.23 All network problems VANISHED !!!!!

1. Samba Roll back to ver 3.6.23 All network problems VANISHED !!!!! - Similar Threads - Samba Roll ver

2. Problem with using Firefox and Roll Back Windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with using Firefox and Roll Back Windows: I’m a music producer using a win10 pc. My daw’s and apps don’t work with Microsoft so I use Firefox default and no matter which expensive daw I upgrade too after a short time it stops working costing me tons of $. I had no idea that it was Microsoft that were changing my...
  3. is oner drive down 6/6/23

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is oner drive down 6/6/23: please advise https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-oner-drive-down-6623/e2477cb1-cebe-46c0-9f21-ef610cd04e65
  4. is oner drive down 6/6/23

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is oner drive down 6/6/23: please advise https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-oner-drive-down-6623/e2477cb1-cebe-46c0-9f21-ef610cd04e65
  5. roll back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    roll back: hi, im on windows 10 21h2 and i need to roll back to windows 10 20h2 so i can run some programs, i know i need to run the media creation tool but its called 21h2 so wont that just leave it as 21h2? can any one tell me what i need to do to rollback to it, please explain in...
  6. roll back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    roll back: hi, im on windows 10 21h2 and i need to roll back to windows 10 20h2 so i can run some programs, i know i need to run the media creation tool but its called 21h2 so wont that just leave it as 21h2? can any one tell me what i need to do to rollback to it, please explain in...
  7. roll back

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Samba network printer not discoverable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Samba network printer not discoverable: i have been playing a lot with my raspberry pi 4 recently and i tried converting my old printer into a network printer using cups and samba. for some reason when i pull up settings or control panel its nowhere to be seen, i have checked it with other devices such as a phone...
  9. Network adaptor vanished

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network adaptor vanished: My computer is showing absolutely no network adapter, whats the fix fix why would this be? Trevor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/network-adaptor-vanished/870cf570-a695-4613-bed7-923e8e663b68
  10. Network Samba Problems Please Help

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Samba Problems Please Help: ok here is my situation. I reformatted clean install on my desktop. Had some hiccups but everything ok. I use in the living room this streaming box from element company,love this box. Anyway after i share with everyone this folder for movies, everything was working great with...