Windows 10: Samba sharing and Windows 1803 fix for config file

Discus and support Samba sharing and Windows 1803 fix for config file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there on the Samba systems (Non Windows such as Linux NAS boxes) if you find you can't see any shares then add this line into the Samba... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jimbo45, Jul 8, 2018.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Samba sharing and Windows 1803 fix for config file

Hi there
    on the Samba systems (Non Windows such as Linux NAS boxes) if you find you can't see any shares then add this line into the Samba configuration file (SMB.CONF)

client max protocol = NT1

This works for (K)UBUNTU 18.04 LTS systems and similar.

Note you might also need to enable SMB1 in Windows if you have older NAS systems.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jul 8, 2018

2. Windows 10 Pro no longer connects to Samba Share on Linux Workstation

Hello Simon,

To better assist you, kindly provide the following information:

• What version of Samba Share are you using?
    • What troubleshooting steps have your done so far?
    We look forward to your response.

Thank you.

Kenneth Mon, Jul 8, 2018
  3. mbratch Win User
    Samba Shares don't show up in Windows 10 Network

I have a peculiar Samba share issue.

I was running Windows 7 on my laptop. I have a file server running Linux and Samba. When I open the Network icon in Windows 7, I see my server there and I can open it and access the associated folder shares.

I upgraded to Windows 10. Now if I double click the network icon, I don't see any machines except my local client laptop. However, if I enter the UNC path to my samba server (\\myserver) into the path bar of Windows Explorer, I can access the server. If I want to add a network printer to my laptop that is shared by the server, it won't find the server in the search list. However, I can enter the literal UNC path to the printer and add it. So it has something to do with nmb I think? Not sure.

Any suggestions on how to resolve it?

mbratch, Jul 8, 2018
  4. tritron Win User

samba/server 2008R2

What is faster samba or server 2008 R2 for file sharing ?

tritron, Jul 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Samba sharing and Windows 1803 fix for config file - Similar Threads - Samba sharing 1803

2. Re-Connecting to samba share fails Files stay offline although samba server is running

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Re-Connecting to samba share fails Files stay offline although samba server is running: Hi there! I am facing an issue with samba shares. In short: Although samba server is up, the shares do not re-connect and stay offline. My setup Samba server on ubuntu Win10 20H2 Client Working Scenarios Starting up samba server Starting up my win10 client, logging...
  3. Connecting to a Samba Share

Connecting to a Samba Share: I am trying to connect to a samba share. There are two users on the machine. user1 was able to access the share drive and map the share on the machine. user2 was able to access the folders. the next day user1 could not access the drives that were mapped nor could they...
  4. SAMBA 4.11.x Bugs- shares not reachable inc Windows --fixes

SAMBA 4.11.x Bugs- shares not reachable inc Windows --fixes: Hi folks 3 Get arounds to the Samba V4.11.x version(s) not showing (or serving) shares. 1) on "downgradeable" Linux / NAS systems downgrade 4 packages to samba 4.10.10-2, smbclient 4.10.10-2, libwbclient 4.10.10-2, ldb 1.5.6-2 (e.g samba,smbclient,libwbclient,ldb) 2) when...
  5. XP to NAS / SAMBA shares

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    XP to NAS / SAMBA shares: Hi folks If you have XP VM's and you want to access SAMBA type shares then you'll need to add these 2 lines in the global section of the samba.conf file. (Note on the NAS / SAMBA server file. There's nothing extra to do on the XP system. (The NAS can usually by default...
  6. Cannot access Samba share

Cannot access Samba share: Hi, I have a few Windows 10 computers and some linux computers on my network. I use Samba to enable sharing between the Windows and Linux computers. On one of the Windows computer I have a Storage Spaces drive set up as a Samba share. I can access some of the folders on this...
  7. Samba share doesn't work

Samba share doesn't work: Hi, I have Vbox with Ubuntu Server 14.04 LTS installed on it. My host is Win 10 (Version 10.0.10240 Build 10240). I've tried to get my samba share working for the whole day. I asked in #Windows, #ubuntu, #samba, #php, everywhere. I've googled and googled and googled.......
  8. Unable to See Samba Share

Unable to See Samba Share: Hi everyone, I'll try to keep it short. I have a headless ubuntu server that has a samba server. It's connected to the network with a cable (not wifi) and has a static IP. My desktop (also wired with static IP) is unable to see the samba share at all: not when I go to the...
  9. Creating a samba share in windows 10

Creating a samba share in windows 10: I've been using unauthenticated samba share on my computer for well over a decade using windows 7, vista, and XP (and maybe even further back) to network with various devices in another room via an ethernet cable. I believe Microsoft removed unauthenticated samba shares from...
  10. Long file names and shared (Samba) files access - But !!

in Windows 10 Support
    Long file names and shared (Samba) files access - But !!: Hi there Windows build 1607 Pro X64 GB edition. You CAN access these files when a Samba drive is mounted as network drive but Windows truncates the names !!!! Music will play though with VLC etc. But as VLC uses file explorer to browse files you get the ones with the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. samba win 10 1803

2. ubuntu samba windows 10 1803

3. samba windows 10 linux disconnecting open files

4. windows 10 1803 samba,
  5. samba 1803 windows 10,
  6. win 10 1809 not seeing samba share,
  7. windows 10 1809 and samba shares,
  8. windows 1803 local samba,
  9. windows 10 errors with samba 4 7,
  10. 1803 samba,
  11. samba share issues windows v1709 and 1803,