Windows 10: Same app installed twice with different locations.

Discus and support Same app installed twice with different locations. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello. Is there a way to install the same app twice in different drives and have their data and cache saved in their respective drives instead of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by faiz_mhd, Oct 8, 2020.

1. faiz_mhd Win User

Same app installed twice with different locations.

Hello.

Is there a way to install the same app twice in different drives and have their data and cache saved in their respective drives instead of the default location where windows is installed?

Thank you.

:)

faiz_mhd, Oct 8, 2020
  2. Naresh_K Win User

Getting Windows 10 to recognize an old app install location

Hello Luke,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I would like to inform you that you will need to re-install the game as some components of the game might not work properly which can cause the game to crash. However, you can download and install the game/apps from the store on an external drive.

Here are the steps on how you can install program to a different drive from a store.

• Go to windows settings.
    • Then click on System and then on Storage.
    • Under "Save locations," and on "New apps will save to," select the new drive location.

Once you completed the steps, new apps you download from the Windows Store will now install automatically in the new location.

Hope it helps.

Naresh Kumar

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Naresh_K, Oct 8, 2020
  3. my location on maps app is wrong.

Hi Don,

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Kindly follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Location privacy settings in search bar
      and click on Location privacy settings.
    • Here you can enable/disable the Location.
    • You may try to Enable/Disable the Maps app to use the

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Oct 8, 2020
  4. Same app installed twice with different locations.

Maps app can not determine my location

Hi Ron, my name is Martin and I'm an Independent Advisor. I'll try to help you here.

I suggest that you follow the steps provided below:

1. Press and hold Windows + I buttons and open Settings.

2. Look for the Location tab and click on it.

3. On the left side, look for “Allow apps to access your location”.

4. Toggle ON the switch below.

5. Scroll down to see the list of app that you allow access to your location.

6. Look for Maps to make sure that the switch in ON.

Martin Jenkinss, Oct 8, 2020
Thema:

Same app installed twice with different locations.

1. Same app installed twice with different locations. - Similar Threads - Same app installed

2. Windows twice in the same Directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows twice in the same Directory: It is normal to have Windows showing in the Explorer twice in the same Directory? Here's a screenshot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-twice-in-the-same-directory/64d0752a-01d6-4c75-8aac-5c6508b8d7a0
  3. Windows twice in the same Directory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows twice in the same Directory: It is normal to have Windows showing in the Explorer twice in the same Directory? Here's a screenshot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-twice-in-the-same-directory/64d0752a-01d6-4c75-8aac-5c6508b8d7a0
  4. Windows 11 Opening Same App Twice at Startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Opening Same App Twice at Startup: Windows 11 has started to open two Notepad apps at startup which it didn’t do before.I have a shortcut for a Notepad file in my user startup folder which has “.LOG” at the beginning of the file to add date stamp when the file is opened.One of the opened Notepad file has the...
  5. Windows 11 Opening Same App Twice at Startup

Windows 11 Opening Same App Twice at Startup: Windows 11 has started to open two Notepad apps at startup which it didn’t do before.I have a shortcut for a Notepad file in my user startup folder which has “.LOG” at the beginning of the file to add date stamp when the file is opened.One of the opened Notepad file has the...
  6. Same App in 2 Different Folders

Same App in 2 Different Folders: I have an app that ideally fits logically be in 2 different folders in Windows 10. Can this be done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/same-app-in-2-different-folders/884ff0a0-fb77-460d-ae57-a549608c1046
  7. Installed in the same location as??

Installed in the same location as??: (Win 10 OS Build 19041.508) Hi, I wasn't sure where to post this problem sorry. When I go to Uninstall some of my FSX (FS10) aircraft I get an Error: [img] This error happens with Revo Uninstaller. If I go ahead with the uninstall it deletes all my aircraft in my...
  8. "open files location" twice for one

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "open files location" twice for one: hi! - i have a lot of IMG 15000 of items 4 example in alot of folder 200 folder - so, i use keyword for searching 'em in Primary folder contain 200 folders in folders - i have an explorer with searching result - i choose some of them -> send it to Desktop create...
  9. Run the same app twice, but on two different IPs?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Run the same app twice, but on two different IPs?: Hey, I have an app that I need to run in parallel, but I can't change the app's port. So I basically need to run the same app (from the same machine) on different IPs in order to allow clients to connect to each instance on different IPs. So is there any way to run an app...
  10. Why is Windows trying to install the same update twice?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why is Windows trying to install the same update twice?: A picture is worth a thousand words, so: [img] 154394