Windows 10: Same computer different download speed by username

Discus and support Same computer different download speed by username in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Issue: Download speeds under one login name are about 1/2 of all other names. This happened after a windows 10 update. If I log in under... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mr. Alex_in_FL1000, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Same computer different download speed by username

Issue:

Download speeds under one login name are about 1/2 of all other names. This happened after a windows 10 update.

If I log in under username-1 my download speeds are about 18 MB/s. This is the main account. Log in under any other username (same computer) and download speeds are about 30 MB/s (my max).

Things I have tried:

1. Updated drivers

2. Flushed DNS

4. Restored then re-accomplished latest windows 10 update

4.a. Doing this fixed an issue with the search function being blacked out

4.b. Did not fix the download speed issue

5. Release/renew IP

6. Ran built in trouble shooter (ran again under admin)

7. Ran Advanced System 12 internet speed optimizer

8. Said some ugly words about Windows 10 auto updates

9. Used command: netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled

10. Tried Win+R gpedit.msc but said could not find gpedit.msc

Thanks in advance for any suggestions beyond those above.

:)

Mr. Alex_in_FL1000, Sep 14, 2019

2. Same computer different download speed by username

Issue:

Download speeds under one login name are about 1/2 of all other names. This happened after a windows 10 update.

If I log in under username-1 my download speeds are about 18 MB/s. This is the main account. Log in under any other username (same computer) and download speeds are about 30 MB/s (my max).

Things I have tried:

1. Updated drivers

2. Flushed DNS

4. Restored then re-accomplished latest windows 10 update

4.a. Doing this fixed an issue with the search function being blacked out

4.b. Did not fix the download speed issue

5. Release/renew IP

6. Ran built in trouble shooter (ran again under admin)

7. Ran Advanced System 12 internet speed optimizer

8. Said some ugly words about Windows 10 auto updates

9. Used command: netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled

10. Tried Win+R gpedit.msc but said could not find gpedit.msc

Thanks in advance for any suggestions beyond those above.

Mr. Alex_in_FL1000, Sep 25, 2019
  3. Different download speeds in Users

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Share this information to assist you better.

• Do you get same download speed every time your wife login?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue?
    • Is it Microsoft Account or Local Account?
    I suspect this might have caused due to some corruption in the Account.

Hence, I suggest you to run the Microsoft Account troubleshooter and check if it helps.

The Microsoft Account Troubleshooter scans a Windows 10 system for issues and repairs problems that are found in relation to your Microsoft Account.

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/microsoftaccounts.diagcab

Hope this helps, if the issue is unresolved get back to us. We will be glad to assist you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Sep 25, 2019
  4. Same computer different download speed by username

Slow Download Speed

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft forums.

• I would suggest you to test the speed using any of the speed test website or app to confirm the upload and download speed.
    • I also suggest you to reset the wireless router to check if that helps.
    • You may plug in the Ethernet cable if available and check the speed.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you

Rajeshwari_Patil, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

Same computer different download speed by username

1. Same computer different download speed by username - Similar Threads - Same computer different

2. HIGH DIFFERENCE IN DOWNLOAD SPEED

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HIGH DIFFERENCE IN DOWNLOAD SPEED: Hello, All!I have a problem with my PC.I have a 50 MBPS Plan as my WiFi.I do have an ethernet connection to the PC direct from the Router.The problem is - when I check the speed of WiFi with https://www.speedtest.net/, it shows around 50 MBPS photo belowBut, when I started...
  3. HIGH DIFFERENCE IN DOWNLOAD SPEED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HIGH DIFFERENCE IN DOWNLOAD SPEED: Hello, All!I have a problem with my PC.I have a 50 MBPS Plan as my WiFi.I do have an ethernet connection to the PC direct from the Router.The problem is - when I check the speed of WiFi with https://www.speedtest.net/, it shows around 50 MBPS photo belowBut, when I started...
  4. HIGH DIFFERENCE IN DOWNLOAD SPEED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Two computers - 2 download speeds - same router

Two computers - 2 download speeds - same router: Hi I have 2 computers - one Windows and one Linux both wireless. Both sit side by side next to the router. Using Ookla - The Linux gives 50mbps and the W10 22Mbps both running just firefox. Any ideas why the half speed on W10 Twin N2830 2.16 chip and how to fix it?...
  6. Discrepancy in download speeds to different drives?

Discrepancy in download speeds to different drives?: Windows 10 I recently bought a used 2TB WD Black WD2003FZEX-00SRLA0, the original owner pulled it from a pre-built and had not used it at all, only having powered it on to ensure it worked (I received it with 22 Power On hours only). I have been using this as my main storage...
  7. Same laptop, different users, vastly different internet speeds.

Same laptop, different users, vastly different internet speeds.: I don't have screenshots of my task manager or anything yet and my Google searches have been fruitless for this issue. What's happening is when I'm logged into my profile and I do a speed test my download is around the 30-50 Mbps and my upload is around 8 Mbps. When I log...
  8. Same laptop, different users, vastly different internet speeds.

Same laptop, different users, vastly different internet speeds.: I don't have screenshots of my task manager or anything yet and my Google searches have been fruitless for this issue. What's happening is when I'm logged into my profile and I do a speed test my download is around the 30-50 Mbps and my upload is around 8 Mbps. When I log...
  9. Same laptop, different users, vastly different internet speeds.

in Windows 10 Support
  10. Different wireless speeds on the same band

Different wireless speeds on the same band: Does having a N device on the same band (for example the 5GHz band) as an AC device slow down the AC device? I'm not sure if I should use the n/ac mix and allow N devices on my 5GHZ band or if this will slow down my AC devices on there. 71734