Windows 10: Same computers, different updates?

Discus and support Same computers, different updates? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have two identical laptops running Windows 10 Pro. Both have Windows update set to defer feature and quality updates for 30 days. Both were updated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Harry88, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Harry88 Win User

Same computers, different updates?

I have two identical laptops running Windows 10 Pro. Both have Windows update set to defer feature and quality updates for 30 days. Both were updated to version 1909 a few weeks ago.

Yesterday, both had an update labelled "2019-12 Cumulative update for .NET framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows version 1909 for x64 (KB4533002)".

However, one had an additional update labelled "2019-12 Cumulative update for Windows 10 version 1909 for x64-based systems (KB4530684)", but the other did not have this update (and still did not when I checked again today). Do I need to do something else to get this update on the other laptop also?

:)

Harry88, Jan 13, 2020
  2. rtwjunkie Win User

Computer update

I'm assuming you have researched your initial list of parts?

What is your budget?

rtwjunkie, Jan 13, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Same computers, different updates? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 13, 2020
  4. Same computers, different updates?

Windows 10 startup takes several hours on two different computers

Hi Cerebral,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

This issue usually occur due to the driver is out dated. Let’s try the simple steps and let us know the status. I would suggest you to update the Display driver from Device Manager manually and check if this helps. Follow the below steps:

Step 1.

• Press (Windows key + X) and click on “Device Manager”.

• Expand “Display Adaptor”.

• Right click on the driver device and select
      update. Once update is done, restart the computer.
    Step 2.

Also I recommend you to update Keyboard driver. Try the below steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Press Windows Key + X and click on
      Device Manager

• Locate for the Keyboard and expand it.

• Right click on the keyboard and click on
      updates.
    Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Jan 13, 2020
Thema:

Same computers, different updates?

1. Same computers, different updates? - Similar Threads - Same computers different

2. Exact same .txt files looks different on different computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Exact same .txt files looks different on different computers: I have a barcode scanner that saves barcodes as .txt files , which we upload to a PC. One of my drivers .txt files however are not formatted correctly, for some reason the lines are double spaced on the files she emails in. I got the scanner from her and when I open the .txt...
  3. Shared clipboard on different computers on the same network

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Shared clipboard on different computers on the same network: I use the Windows 10 clipboard feature Win + V, everything that is copied goes to it, however, I am facing a problem. Two computers of the same model elitedesk 800 g2 were sharing the clipboard, everything that one copied the other also copied, that is, they were sharing the...
  4. Random beeps on different computers, same Microsoft account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random beeps on different computers, same Microsoft account: Two different computers sharing the same Microsoft account for Windows 10 have the same issue of making beeps randomly. If I change the Windows account on any of them, beepings stop. More details for the incident are provided below. I have an HP Notebook 15-AY114NS laptop...
  5. Same computer different download speed by username

Same computer different download speed by username: Issue: Download speeds under one login name are about 1/2 of all other names. This happened after a windows 10 update. If I log in under username-1 my download speeds are about 18 MB/s. This is the main account. Log in under any other username (same computer) and...
  6. why are my ethernet designations different on 3 different computers connected to the same...

why are my ethernet designations different on 3 different computers connected to the same...: Windows 10 ethernet connections show different descriptions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-my-ethernet-designations-different-on-3/5b9152ad-d48f-457e-9ff5-e1b83f852c65
  7. File explorer not returning the same results on different computer

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer not returning the same results on different computer: Hi, maybe somebody will be able to point me in the right direction. I have the following files in a folder: 123abcdef.txt 456abcdef.txt 789abcdef.txt abcdef.txt On my own computer, I can open this folder in the file explorer and enter abc in the search box. All those files...
  8. Remote into different account on same computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remote into different account on same computer: Is there any way to control (as in, remote login-esk way to use) second account on same computer? I have several different user accounts on my computer, one is for game servers (killing floor, minecraft, etc), I'd like to be able to control it in a window from my main...
  9. Win 10 - Same login - different computers - different mouse settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win 10 - Same login - different computers - different mouse settings: Good afternoon, I have Windows 10 on two computer with the same login profile. On one computer, I have a left handed mouse on it with the buttons switched. On my laptop, it has a normal touch pad. The issue is that my left button on my Desktop is switched so it is back to...
  10. Same computer models, same Windows version, different appearance?

in Windows 10 Support
    Same computer models, same Windows version, different appearance?: I have two of the same HP All-in-One computers that are both running the same version of Windows (AE), but when I open explorer the views are different. One shows icons under Quick Access, and one shows folders. How do you change them? I cannot find any option to "display as...