Windows 10: Same error, different ocasions

Discus and support Same error, different ocasions in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey everyone. So recently I've been getting lots of BSODs at seemingly random intervals. Sometimes I'm playing something, other times I'm watching a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Banjolado, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Banjolado Win User

Same error, different ocasions

Hey everyone. So recently I've been getting lots of BSODs at seemingly random intervals.

Sometimes I'm playing something, other times I'm watching a video and one time it even crashed when I was editing a text.
    However, despite the tasks made by the computer being very different, the error I get is always the same:0x000001d8

If possible I'd like some help in solving this problem, my computer is relatively new and I worked really hard to purchase it, so I don't want to lose it to the blue...

Banjolado, Jun 21, 2018

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    • Select add someone else on this PC.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 21, 2018
  3. philc43 Win User
    BSOD during gaming, plethora of different error codes!

Hello and welcome to TenForums Same error, different ocasions :)

The log files that you provided only show one crash dump file so there is not a lot of information to go on. Furthermore the bugcheck code is not one I have ever seen before!

The stack recorded in the dump includes some references to storage and the analysis suggests memory corruption and so with nothing else to go on I would suggest that you do a check on the hard disk and RAM. This maybe the same as you have already run but it would be good to see the results.

Try CHKDSK
    using option 3
    Then

Same error, different ocasions [​IMG]
    Diagnostics Test
    Same error, different ocasions [​IMG]
    HDD TEST
    *Arrow Run HDTune to
    • check the health,
    • scan for errors, no quick scan but full scan
    • run a benchmark.
    It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    When above is done please make screenshots of the following
    • the health,
    • the error scan,
    • the benchmark incl. following
      • transfer rate,
      • access time,
      • burst rate,
      • cpu usage.

Similarly with a memory test it would be good to post the results after you have run memtest86+ for a minimum of 8 passes

You indicated that many more crashes have occurred, however, they are not being recorded. Please make sure that your system is setup to record crash dump files: Configure Windows 10 to Create Minidump on BSOD

If the BSOD errors are all different it does tend to suggest a hardware problem. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

philc43, Jun 21, 2018
  4. KieX Win User

Error: No work available to process

Hmm. Either it's put out errors and WCG is limiting the work units available, or the project list may not be set to supply other WU when one runs out. (if the problem lies here and not on your end)

On the options to your left, if you go into Results Status, select the computer from Device Name and then look through results see if either they were returned late, errors or any other kind of issue that would stop the servers supplying WU from that perspective.

If there are no errors then it's maybe down to your project list. So selecting Device Manager from the left menu and then clicking on the profile assigned to that computer and make sure that it's assigned to receive WU for other projects if they run out.

At least those steps will rule out problems from the WCG end.

Thema:

1. Same error, different ocasions - Similar Threads - Same error different

2. Same ICC different outcome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Same ICC different outcome: I have an Epson eco-tank 2750 printer that has been converted to sublimation. I have been using my Macbook Pro for a couple of years with a specific ICC profile. I have now purchased a Windows 11 laptop and have installed the exact profile and settings and cannot, for the...
  3. Same ICC different outcome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Same ICC different outcome: I have an Epson eco-tank 2750 printer that has been converted to sublimation. I have been using my Macbook Pro for a couple of years with a specific ICC profile. I have now purchased a Windows 11 laptop and have installed the exact profile and settings and cannot, for the...
  4. Same program runs differently on different logins

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Same program runs differently on different logins: I have a Windows 7 Pro computer on a work network domain that has three logins set up as local admin.I have a laser engraver control program installed by login1.On login1, the program runs in the background with an icon in the dashboard "tray" with a menu that allows the...
  5. Same program runs differently on different logins

Same program runs differently on different logins: I have a Windows 7 Pro computer on a work network domain that has three logins set up as local admin.I have a laser engraver control program installed by login1.On login1, the program runs in the background with an icon in the dashboard "tray" with a menu that allows the...
  6. Different views of same disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Different views of same disk: By using different programs to view same disk Samsung 960 evo, 2550GB although that's not very important. Disk management: Macrium Reflect: Mini tool partition partition wizard: Free Partition manager AOMEI Partition Assistant Pro. Easus Partition Master: 177725
  7. Different accounts on the same pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Different accounts on the same pc: Hi guys! So my sister and I share a desktop computer that we just bought. We both have our own accounts and they're admin accounts. I was wondering if there is a way that we can't access to each other's stuff (programs, documents, photos). Something like having "two" separate...
  8. Different install methods. Will I encounter the same errors?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Different install methods. Will I encounter the same errors?: Hey all, I'm super stressed about the 2004 update here... I tried to install the update three times. First time I got an 0x8024000b error, then an 0xc1900101 twice. Now the update is no longer showing up at all but I still get updates for 1909. I'm scared to try with the...
  9. Same computers, different updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Same computers, different updates?: I have two identical laptops running Windows 10 Pro. Both have Windows update set to defer feature and quality updates for 30 days. Both were updated to version 1909 a few weeks ago. Yesterday, both had an update labelled "2019-12 Cumulative update for .NET framework 3.5 and...
  10. Same pdf layout differ on different PC

Same pdf layout differ on different PC: Sorry. Will post again after thoroughly checking 83099
Tags: