Windows 10: Same failed update messages keep repeating over and over again

Discus and support Same failed update messages keep repeating over and over again in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I have Windows 10 Home edtion on my computer. Every day ( or every other day ) I keep getting the following messages (in RED color) during... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by dannyb, Mar 9, 2017.

1. dannyb Win User

Same failed update messages keep repeating over and over again

Hello,

I have Windows 10 Home edtion on my computer.
    Every day ( or every other day ) I keep getting the following messages (in RED color) during the Windows update process.

There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help:
    Security Update for Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Service Pack 1 (KB2669970) - Error 0x80070643
    Update for Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Service Pack 1 (KB2938806) - Error 0x80070643

This has been going on for a very long time. How can I stop Windows from trying to install the two updates mentioned above.
    I do not have Visual Studio 2008 on my computer anymore. I deleted the Visual Studio 2008 files a long time ago , and I installed Visual Studio Community 2015.
    Thank You Very Much,

:)

dannyb, Mar 9, 2017

2. Keep getting the same update over and over in windows 10

Keep getting the same update over and over in windows 10. for Windows 8.1 for x64-based Systems (KB3063843). Update for Windows 8.1 for x64-based Systems (KB2990967

LesBrown1960, Mar 9, 2017
  3. Keep getting the same update over and over in windows 10

Hi Les,

When do you get this update?

Windows updates are automatic in Windows 10. If you want to check for updates. Then in Search window, type check for updates and click on it to open.

Windows Update Delivery Optimization: FAQ

Windows Update-Übermittlungsoptimierung: Häufig gestellte Fragen

How to temporarily prevent a Windows or driver update from reinstalling in Windows 10:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Mar 9, 2017
  4. SoFine409 Win User

Hi DannyB,
    Take a look st this tutorial and see if it helps
    Windows Updates - Hide or Show in Windows 10

SoFine409, Mar 9, 2017
Thema:

1. Same failed update messages keep repeating over and over again - Similar Threads - Same failed update

2. Solved: Microsoft Defender Antivirus repeatedly updates over and over and over, repeatedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Solved: Microsoft Defender Antivirus repeatedly updates over and over and over, repeatedly: Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 1.375.1243.0 repeatedly downloads and installs. It goes to 100% again and again and again and again and again. It never stops.The Windows Update Troubleshooter has been trying to analyse the problem for a while. Meanwhile, Windows...
  3. Solved: Microsoft Defender Antivirus repeatedly updates over and over and over, repeatedly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Solved: Microsoft Defender Antivirus repeatedly updates over and over and over, repeatedly: Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 1.375.1243.0 repeatedly downloads and installs. It goes to 100% again and again and again and again and again. It never stops.The Windows Update Troubleshooter has been trying to analyse the problem for a while. Meanwhile, Windows...
  4. Microsoft Defender Antivirus repeatedly updates over and over and over, repeatedly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Defender Antivirus repeatedly updates over and over and over, repeatedly: Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 1.375.1243.0 repeatedly downloads and installs. It goes to 100% again and again and again and again and again. It never stops.The Windows Update Troubleshooter has been trying to analyse the problem for a while. Meanwhile, Windows...
  5. Windows update is giving the same update over and over again.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update is giving the same update over and over again.: Whenever I click on check for upgrade a Microsoft Defender update is shown and it downloads and installs in just like 2 seconds, It's so fast that I can't even see the update version. Also I had used the Microsoft Update Assistant to upgrade from 21H1 cause the windows update...
  6. Windows update is giving the same update over and over again.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update is giving the same update over and over again.: Whenever I click on check for upgrade a Microsoft Defender update is shown and it downloads and installs in just like 2 seconds, It's so fast that I can't even see the update version. Also I had used the Microsoft Update Assistant to upgrade from 21H1 cause the windows update...
  7. Windows update is giving the same update over and over again.

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. windows update keep installing the same thing over and over

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update keep installing the same thing over and over: I let it run for more than 10 hours and it never seem to be finish.it keep installing the top one and when it reach 100% it start to install the bottom one and when it reach 100% it start to install the top one again and the process keep repeating what do I do?...
  9. Repeated over and over and over and over again warnings & errors in Windows 10 Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Repeated over and over and over and over again warnings & errors in Windows 10 Event Viewer: Does anyone have a recommendation on how to correct the following warning and errors from occurring over and over again? This is completely filling up the event log history. The Warnings all occur in the following sequence then the Error occurs, the repeats again and again....
  10. Programs wanting me to Install the same update over and over again.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Programs wanting me to Install the same update over and over again.: Greetings,I have run into an issue that with a few programs II have. They will trigger on using them that I need to update. I will update and once the program restarts it will tell me I need the same update again. At first, I didn't think it to be Windows issue. Only after...