Windows 10: Same File Path to multiple USB drives.

Discus and support Same File Path to multiple USB drives. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a piece of software that writes CNC programs for a machine in our factory. It saves these programs to a single location that can be set up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JohnAskew2, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Same File Path to multiple USB drives.

I have a piece of software that writes CNC programs for a machine in our factory. It saves these programs to a single location that can be set up within the software. It is currently set up to save to a network drive.

We want to save these programs to USB drives that would then be plugged in the machine and downloaded. I currently have three identical USB drives if it works I'll get more. Is there a way to set these up so that they have the same file path?

I have tried assigning a new letter to these which works individually however it seems Windows 10 will only reserve a given letter to one drive. As soon as you assign that same letter to a new drive it is no longer assigned to the first drive.

:)

JohnAskew2, Nov 27, 2020

2. Add a path to $PATH?

what exactly do you need to decipher about that path line? also, what are you installing? perhaps i can help.

Easy Rhino, Nov 27, 2020
  3. Add a path to $PATH?

Yeah, I think you're right. I think the purpose of the echo command was to check if ~/bin was in the $PATH file. My problem is that I can't decipher the output and I don't know how to add ~/bin to the $PATH file.

Just for clarification, the snippet of instructions I gave is just a few steps in the installation process. Nothing is actually supposed to be installed with those steps.

Thanks for the reply.

angelkiller, Nov 27, 2020
  4. Gino Des Win User

Same File Path to multiple USB drives.

My USB Backup drive does not show in My Computer window.

Hi Meran,

A few possible reason can cause your external drive to not show in File Explorer. To diagnose and fix this issue, we suggest that you check the Disk Management window. To open it, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start button.
    • Select Disk Management.
    • Alternatively, you can search diskmgmt.msc in Cortana.

Examine the list of drives in the Disk Management window and look for your external drive. Even if it doesn’t show up in File Explorer, it should appear here. If the drive appears, it may not be appearing in File Explorer because it needs to be assigned
    a drive letter. To do this, right-click the partition on the drive in Disk Management and select
    Change Drive Letter and Paths.

If you don’t see the drive in the Disk Management window at all, we suggest that you try connecting the drive to a different USB port or use a different USB cable. We also recommend that you avoid using USB hubs, and connect the drive directly to your computer.

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to post a reply.

Gino Des, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

Same File Path to multiple USB drives.

1. Same File Path to multiple USB drives. - Similar Threads - Same File Path

2. Hard Drive File Path

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard Drive File Path: Hello, I am trying to create a file path for a backup hard drive.Using "disk management" I tried to right click on the drive and choose "change drive letter and path." The drive is one of the options, but the "change drive letter and path" is greyed out.I read somewhere that...
  3. How to manage files on multiple USB drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to manage files on multiple USB drives: I have many USB drives used for personal and business. Finding something is almost impossible. Plus lots of duplicates.My question, does anyone know a process or an app that will help me catalogue the files on multiple drives, find duplicates and help set up a system to...
  4. multiple drives on same flash drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    multiple drives on same flash drive: I just bought dell 15 5000 win 10 laptop. I used a 64 GB flash drive to create a macrium boot disk. The drive name was D. After I created the boot disk I used it to start the computer and everything went well. I removed cortana from the registry by creating a new key with...
  5. Saving multiple files to same drive

Saving multiple files to same drive: I am saving multiple images to the same folder, but every time a I pull up a different image to save, it redirects me back to the main drive on my pc instead of going directly back to most recently saved file. This only happens on certain computers. Is there a way to save...
  6. Multiple Drives - Multiple files

Multiple Drives - Multiple files: My new Dell computer comes with Windows 10 home. It is configured with a C: SSD and D: hard drive and acess to the cloud. I find this confusing and find that when updating files, I am not certain whether I am working on he D: or in the cloud. Result: identically named files...
  7. Multiple USB boot drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple USB boot drive: Hi. Is there a way to have a single USB drive (thumb / external HDD / etc.) that allows a choice which, say, partition I want to boot from. Example reason: having several recovery OSs (Hirens / Kaspersky / Win10 (x86 / x64) some or all) all on one drive, but independently...
  8. Changing same file text in multiple files....

Changing same file text in multiple files....: Good Day: I have many files that have the exact same text string in all of them. Below is a list of just some of the files. [ATTACH] As you can see, all the files have "MACF" in them except the very first one. Somehow, I would to be able to change the "MACF" to "MACRO"...
  9. Multiple EFI partitions on the same drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple EFI partitions on the same drive: I currently have one 100MB EFI partition and I use grub to boot Windows 10, Manjaro, and Arch. I'm going to be installing macOS which requires a 200MB EFI partition. I have read though, that Windows may have issues with there being more than one EFI partition on a given disk,...
  10. Multiple files with same name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple files with same name: Here's one that is a total mystery to me: The last couple of days I have been working on a file made with MS Word. It was a letter that I have been working of for a couple of days. I edited and changed the file several times and put it in two different folders. I wasn't sure...