Windows 10: same folder shows different content at the same time!

Discus and support same folder shows different content at the same time! in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi thereTL;DR: the attached screenshot is from the same folder, accessed from quick access vs roottoday I accidentally faced this issue. I was looking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by داریوش, Jul 22, 2022.

1. same folder shows different content at the same time!

Hi thereTL;DR: the attached screenshot is from the same folder, accessed from quick access vs roottoday I accidentally faced this issue. I was looking for my Xbox recordings folder to send an educational video to my friend. I was unable to find that under my user's folder, so I opened the Xbox Game Bar itself and opened my Captures folder through it. then, I was curious where it was located; so I looked up, and surprisingly, it was in my user's folder! therefore I doubled check, closed and re-opened, refreshed, etc... . when I go to my user's folder from scratch This PC -> Local Disk C:

:)

داریوش, Jul 22, 2022

2. Display of names of folder contents

Not sure if this is a Win10 problem or a software problem but here goes: When I open a folder the contents are always displayed as icons, which forces me to change it to a list each and every time, which is a time-consuming nuisance! Is there any way to
    show the contents as a list by default?

Many thanks for any help.

Brandon.Jones, Jul 22, 2022
  3. Moved a folder from another drive and rename and it still shows as the old folder name in certain places

Hi Nick,

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check the behavior.

• Create a new folder name it as 'My Videos'.
    • Now copy/cut and paste the contents which are in the folder "Videos", and delete the folder "Videos".
    • Now check the behavior.
    Please keep us updated with the status of the folder, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Jul 22, 2022
  4. same folder shows different content at the same time!

Unable to "get media content" from text messages.

My Nokia 920 on ATT was showing this exact error "getting media content" for a long time... finally spent a chunk of time attempting all suggestions above...

FIXED:

1. Created New MMS APN (steps here: Setup Guide for AT&T APN Settings Windows Phone & MMS Settings )
      • still didn't work
    2. Deleted MMS APN
    3. Group messages started working!! No more "getting media content", it just shows up.
    Note: Didn't help

- WiFi on/off

- Back up text on/off

- Group text on/off

- Data on/off

Ono RunAway, Jul 22, 2022
Thema:

same folder shows different content at the same time!

1. same folder shows different content at the same time! - Similar Threads - same folder shows

2. same folder shows different content at the same time!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    same folder shows different content at the same time!: Hi thereTL;DR: the attached screenshot is from the same folder, accessed from quick access vs roottoday I accidentally faced this issue. I was looking for my Xbox recordings folder to send an educational video to my friend. I was unable to find that under my user's folder, so...
  3. same named folder with different logo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    same named folder with different logo: there are 2 music folder with different logo...i have tried to change the location of these folder, but when i tried to restore the folder to default location it happened..how to fix it now?...
  4. same named folder with different logo

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    same named folder with different logo: there are 2 music folder with different logo...i have tried to change the location of these folder, but when i tried to restore the folder to default location it happened..how to fix it now?...
  5. Double Pictures folder in This Computer, but the contents are the same

Double Pictures folder in This Computer, but the contents are the same: Anyone can help me to restore it to normal again? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/double-pictures-folder-in-this-computer-but-the/b17ba610-72c8-4035-9ccc-94c16d21ce04
  6. Same App in 2 Different Folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Same App in 2 Different Folders: I have an app that ideally fits logically be in 2 different folders in Windows 10. Can this be done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/same-app-in-2-different-folders/884ff0a0-fb77-460d-ae57-a549608c1046
  7. Same folder, big difference in size

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Same folder, big difference in size: [IMG] Hi, I have a question about this. I have a COMPUTER folder and the original is storaged in a Hard External Disk left and I tried to copied to another folder where is located in the Desktop of a Laptop right. It passed aprox. 3 hours and 30 minuted to complete the...
  8. Two folders with exactly the same name, location but different contents and subfolders

Two folders with exactly the same name, location but different contents and subfolders: Hi, I don't know how this happened, but somehow I have two folders with the same name, same address/location but entirely different contents. [ATTACH] Because of this Windows completely bugs out when you try to move either of these folders. I can change the contents...
  9. Find Files With Different File Names But Same Content

in Windows 10 Support
    Find Files With Different File Names But Same Content: Hi. In Windows 10, is it possible to find documents with the same content but different filenames? 121161
  10. Two Music Folders same content

in Windows 10 Support
    Two Music Folders same content: So I've somehow managed to have made two music folders when trying to map download and music folders on my new system. They point to the same location but are have different icons. If I change the location through properties dialog box they both update. Any help? [img]...