Windows 10: Same IP Addresses on the same Local Area Network

Discus and support Same IP Addresses on the same Local Area Network in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is it possible to have 2 or more computers to have the same IP address on the same local area network? ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Eshley, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Eshley Win User

Same IP Addresses on the same Local Area Network

Is it possible to have 2 or more computers to have the same IP address on the same local area network? ?

:)

Eshley, Jul 1, 2019

2. Fix duplicate IP address on network

My clients see this problem often. The simple solution:

1. Pull the power plug from both your modem and router.
    2. Wait 30 seconds
    3. Plug power back to modem
    4. Wait 30 seconds
    5. Plug power back to router
    6. Wait several minutes.

The modem has the IP address assigned to it by your internet provider. The router uses internal IP addresses that it assigns to the various devices on your local area network. Those addresses change fairly often. Once in a while, the router messes up
    and assigns the same IP address to more than one device. When all is reset as described above, the router then wakes up and discovers all these network citizens and assigns them new IP addresses. The only effect will be a short term outage of network availability
    for all the devices on the network.

Canadian Tech, Jul 1, 2019
  3. Networking Issue Vista/XP

Sounds like a local (LAN) IP address conflict somewhere. Have you turned on DHCP on your router? Are all your computers DHCP clients (automatic IP address)?
    • When it's working check the IP address of each device.
    • When it's NOT working check the IP address of each device.
    • Are there any other devices on your network? Does your router have a network address database? Can you see ALL devices that are attached to the router? If so, list them and their IP addresses.
    Report back

lemonadesoda, Jul 1, 2019
  4. Same IP Addresses on the same Local Area Network

Finding IP address

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to find printer’s IP address:

1. Type Devices and Printers in the Windows search bar.
    2. Select on the printer and click on
      Manage.
    3. Click on the Ports tab.
      You will be able to find printer’s IP address under the ‘Ports’ tab.

Few printers also have a “Test print” option on the printer. When you print a test page from network printer, the page shows the IP address along with other details.

Note: If it is set on DHCP mode the IP address will constantly change.
    The IP address is assigned automatically by your router using a protocol called DHCP.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jul 1, 2019
Thema:

Same IP Addresses on the same Local Area Network

1. Same IP Addresses on the same Local Area Network - Similar Threads - Same Addresses same

2. How to Bind Application eg Edge, IDM to an IP Address on Same Network Adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Bind Application eg Edge, IDM to an IP Address on Same Network Adapter: I have a WiFi connection and a single network adapter with two IP addresses. I would like to configure Google Chrome to use the second IP address exclusively, while the rest of the computer continues to use the first IP address. How can I achieve this?Wireless LAN adapter...
  3. How to Bind Application eg Edge, IDM to an IP Address on Same Network Adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Bind Application eg Edge, IDM to an IP Address on Same Network Adapter: I have a WiFi connection and a single network adapter with two IP addresses. I would like to configure Google Chrome to use the second IP address exclusively, while the rest of the computer continues to use the first IP address. How can I achieve this?Wireless LAN adapter...
  4. How to Bind Application eg Edge, IDM to an IP Address on Same Network Adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Need desktop to always have same IP Address

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need desktop to always have same IP Address: I have 1 desktop, 2 laptops, 2 printers, 1 phone, 1 other device connecting wirelessly to router. When they're all happy it's great. When they're not :- I have some software that synchronises my phone to Outlook, and it requires the desktop to always have 1.192.1.65 as...
  6. Can't Add TV to Local Area Network, but have its IP and MAC address

Can't Add TV to Local Area Network, but have its IP and MAC address: I have a smart TV Vizio that is connected to my home network. Ipconfig shows its IP address and MAC address. I can cast and plex to it from my pc. But it doesn't appear in my pc's local area network. Any ideas? Is there a way to force the LAN to recognize the device...
  7. someone else on my network with the same IP address

in Windows 10 Customization
    someone else on my network with the same IP address: I am getting this message stating that my PC says there is someone else on my network with the same IP address and to check this in the WIndows System event Log. I have read the solution that is posted for this but my question is why is this happening when this is my...
  8. connecting/disconnecting to another computer's files on the same network thru IP address

connecting/disconnecting to another computer's files on the same network thru IP address: So I'm not too tech literate, but essentially my dad made it so that if i were to type, \\192.168.0.XX into file explorer from my Computer lets call this MYPC, it would allow me to access files on my mom's work PC lets call this MOMPC. I recall the first time i made the...
  9. DHCP assigned the same IP address to 2 computers (VM's)

DHCP assigned the same IP address to 2 computers (VM's): Hi folks I'm not sure how it happened but with Windows Networking -- anything seems possible -- Black Magic is easier to fathom out. I did a few "Clone discs" and used essentially on identical hardware on different machines. One machine just would not connect -- and also a...
  10. aren't the different PIDs supposed to have same IP address (local address)????

aren't the different PIDs supposed to have same IP address (local address)????: [ATTACH] I can see different local addresses for for different PIDs. I seems starnge. PIDs are definitely supposed to have different ports, but why the different IP addresses? Is it that my machine has multiple IP addresses?? which is impossible if I'm not wrong...