Windows 10: Same laptop, different users, vastly different internet speeds.

Discus and support Same laptop, different users, vastly different internet speeds. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I don't have screenshots of my task manager or anything yet and my Google searches have been fruitless for this issue. What's happening is when I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Griffscavern, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Griffscavern Win User

Same laptop, different users, vastly different internet speeds.

I don't have screenshots of my task manager or anything yet and my Google searches have been fruitless for this issue.

What's happening is when I'm logged into my profile and I do a speed test my download is around the 30-50 Mbps and my upload is around 8 Mbps. When I log out and switch to my son's account the download is 250-290 Mbps and upload is around 12 Mbps. If both are logged in mine drags his down too. Obviously it's something in mine, but I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure it out.

Looking through task manager I'm not seeing a vast difference in any of the processes, performance or network items running between the 2 accounts. Anyone here have any suggestions. I'm on mobile right now.

:)

Griffscavern, Oct 19, 2018
  2. RichardFilmer Win User

Different download speeds in Users

We have four users on our W10 PC. On three of the profiles we average download speeds of 8.0Mbps but my wife's profile can only reach speeds of 2.0Mbps. Why such a big difference and how can I fix it?

RichardFilmer, Oct 19, 2018
  3. Rakesh Narayanaswamy Win User
    Different download speeds in Users

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Share this information to assist you better.

• Do you get same download speed every time your wife login?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue?
    • Is it Microsoft Account or Local Account?
    I suspect this might have caused due to some corruption in the Account.

Hence, I suggest you to run the Microsoft Account troubleshooter and check if it helps.

The Microsoft Account Troubleshooter scans a Windows 10 system for issues and repairs problems that are found in relation to your Microsoft Account.

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/microsoftaccounts.diagcab

Hope this helps, if the issue is unresolved get back to us. We will be glad to assist you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Oct 19, 2018
  4. Deepika Gowda Win User

Will internet speed decrease or increase with the use of different connections?

Hello Rahul,

As your concern is to know the internet speed using different connections, we will help you with this issue.

I would like to inform that internet speed depends on bandwidth speed of ISP (Internet Service Provider) and also depends on modem capacity to handle the speed.

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 19, 2018
Thema:

1. Same laptop, different users, vastly different internet speeds. - Similar Threads - Same laptop different

2. Same laptop, different users, vastly different internet speeds.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Same laptop, different users, vastly different internet speeds.: I don't have screenshots of my task manager or anything yet and my Google searches have been fruitless for this issue. What's happening is when I'm logged into my profile and I do a speed test my download is around the 30-50 Mbps and my upload is around 8 Mbps. When I log...
  3. Same laptop, different users, vastly different internet speeds.

Same laptop, different users, vastly different internet speeds.: I don't have screenshots of my task manager or anything yet and my Google searches have been fruitless for this issue. What's happening is when I'm logged into my profile and I do a speed test my download is around the 30-50 Mbps and my upload is around 8 Mbps. When I log...
  4. Different versions of Firefox for different users?

in Browsers and Email
    Different versions of Firefox for different users?: My PC has three users. Is it possible to run different versions for different users? For example, ESR v52 and Quantum v62 118890
  5. Two users, two different environments on a laptop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Two users, two different environments on a laptop: Likely a newbie question... I don't have a laptop so I can't check right now. Windows 10 x64 Pro two users. Is it possible to have two environments / desktops (maybe something like admin and guest?) on a laptop? which desktop showing up depending on the login credentials?...
  6. Scroll speed difference

in Windows 10 Support
    Scroll speed difference: Hope this is in the correct forum. On my laptop (i3, 12Gb, ssd) In MS Edge when srolling using the mouse the speed is fine. If I use the up/down arrows it's much slower. The hardware is Synaptecs Touchpad 7.5, HID keyboard device and i have the repeat speed set to short. It...
  7. Same pdf layout differ on different PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Same pdf layout differ on different PC: Sorry. Will post again after thoroughly checking 83099
  8. Different wireless speeds on the same band

Different wireless speeds on the same band: Does having a N device on the same band (for example the 5GHz band) as an AC device slow down the AC device? I'm not sure if I should use the n/ac mix and allow N devices on my 5GHZ band or if this will slow down my AC devices on there. 71734
  9. Different installs - different user names

in Windows 10 Support
    Different installs - different user names: Over time I had a few retail licenses for Windows 7(seven) Pro and one Windows 10 x64 retail. In the Windows Explorer->Help->About, they show different users under licensed to. One old (blabla at hotmail) and one new (blabla at outlook.com) They are both correct. I don't...
  10. Different power plan for different users

in Windows 10 Support
    Different power plan for different users: As the title suggests, is it possible? My brother favors to choose Shut down when I close the Lid, whereas I prefer Sleep mode.If I change, it changes for my brother's account also.I do not want this.I suspect there might be something useful in Group policy>user...