Windows 10: Same laptop, different users, vastly different internet speeds.

Discus and support Same laptop, different users, vastly different internet speeds. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I don't have screenshots of my task manager or anything yet and my Google searches have been fruitless for this issue. What's happening is when I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Griffscavern, Oct 20, 2018.

1. Same laptop, different users, vastly different internet speeds.

I don't have screenshots of my task manager or anything yet and my Google searches have been fruitless for this issue.

What's happening is when I'm logged into my profile and I do a speed test my download is around the 30-50 Mbps and my upload is around 8 Mbps. When I log out and switch to my son's account the download is 250-290 Mbps and upload is around 12 Mbps. If both are logged in mine drags his down too. Obviously it's something in mine, but I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure it out.

Looking through task manager I'm not seeing a vast difference in any of the processes, performance or network items running between the 2 accounts. Anyone here have any suggestions. I'm on mobile right now.

:)

Griffscavern, Oct 20, 2018

2. Different download speeds in Users

We have four users on our W10 PC. On three of the profiles we average download speeds of 8.0Mbps but my wife's profile can only reach speeds of 2.0Mbps. Why such a big difference and how can I fix it?

RichardFilmer, Oct 20, 2018
  3. Different download speeds in Users

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Share this information to assist you better.

• Do you get same download speed every time your wife login?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue?
    • Is it Microsoft Account or Local Account?
    I suspect this might have caused due to some corruption in the Account.

Hence, I suggest you to run the Microsoft Account troubleshooter and check if it helps.

The Microsoft Account Troubleshooter scans a Windows 10 system for issues and repairs problems that are found in relation to your Microsoft Account.

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/microsoftaccounts.diagcab

Hope this helps, if the issue is unresolved get back to us. We will be glad to assist you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Oct 20, 2018
  4. Same laptop, different users, vastly different internet speeds.

Will internet speed decrease or increase with the use of different connections?

Hello Rahul,

As your concern is to know the internet speed using different connections, we will help you with this issue.

I would like to inform that internet speed depends on bandwidth speed of ISP (Internet Service Provider) and also depends on modem capacity to handle the speed.

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 20, 2018
Thema:

Same laptop, different users, vastly different internet speeds.

1. Same laptop, different users, vastly different internet speeds. - Similar Threads - Same laptop different

2. Vastly different Audio loudness at the same volume setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Vastly different Audio loudness at the same volume setting: I have a pair of Bluetooth headphones I usually use while I'm working just to listen to podcasts or music or whatever in the background. Everything seems very quiet through them even at 100 volume level. I have tried several different headphones and they all have the same...
  3. Vastly different Audio loudness at the same volume setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Vastly different Audio loudness at the same volume setting: I have a pair of Bluetooth headphones I usually use while I'm working just to listen to podcasts or music or whatever in the background. Everything seems very quiet through them even at 100 volume level. I have tried several different headphones and they all have the same...
  4. Internet speed is different depending on accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet speed is different depending on accounts: I have a problem where the internet is slower on my account, however the other accounts have normal and faster speeds.There are 2 accounts on my PC. The default admin account and my account, also set to have admin settings enabled.When I'm on the admin account the internet...
  5. Internet speed is different depending on accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet speed is different depending on accounts: I have a problem where the internet is slower on my account, however the other accounts have normal and faster speeds.There are 2 accounts on my PC. The default admin account and my account, also set to have admin settings enabled.When I'm on the admin account the internet...
  6. Internet speed is different depending on accounts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Internet speeds differ significantly

Internet speeds differ significantly: I have an HP All-In-One Desktop computer. Windows 10 Home, version 10.0.19042 Build 19042x64-based PCProcessor Intel Core i7-7700T CPU @2.9 GHz Memory 12 GB. Sitting on my desk, right next to the above computer, I have an HP laptop. Windows 10 Home, version 10.0.19042 Build...
  8. Same laptop, different users, vastly different internet speeds.

Same laptop, different users, vastly different internet speeds.: I don't have screenshots of my task manager or anything yet and my Google searches have been fruitless for this issue. What's happening is when I'm logged into my profile and I do a speed test my download is around the 30-50 Mbps and my upload is around 8 Mbps. When I log...
  9. Same laptop, different users, vastly different internet speeds.

in Windows 10 Support
    Same laptop, different users, vastly different internet speeds.: I don't have screenshots of my task manager or anything yet and my Google searches have been fruitless for this issue. What's happening is when I'm logged into my profile and I do a speed test my download is around the 30-50 Mbps and my upload is around 8 Mbps. When I log...
  10. Different wireless speeds on the same band

Different wireless speeds on the same band: Does having a N device on the same band (for example the 5GHz band) as an AC device slow down the AC device? I'm not sure if I should use the n/ac mix and allow N devices on my 5GHZ band or if this will slow down my AC devices on there. 71734