Windows 10: Same laptop for work and home studio

Discus and support Same laptop for work and home studio in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, experts, I couldn't find or search correctly a direct and clear answer, so I decided to ask... I want to use the my laptop for work lots of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Misterkurk, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Same laptop for work and home studio

Hi, experts,

I couldn't find or search correctly a direct and clear answer, so I decided to ask...

I want to use the my laptop for work lots of specific software, certificates, multi-tasking tools, social/communication apps and as a home studio on weekends least possible SW/drivers installed. Fully focused on low latency, minimal services started.

Back when I knew something, I would dual boot or equivalent my win 98 or XP 2 installations of the same version, but since I'm using windows 10, I do have a question : is it really necessary nowadays?

I mean, is there an option to do something close enough with windows options or different profiles on the same windows installation?

Thank you so much for any direction or useful link

:)

Misterkurk, Jun 26, 2020
  2. subhendu Win User

How to build a home recording and mixing studio

Like to know how to build a VFM home studio (including studio monitors for both rec and mixing ).

Expecting experts suggestion .please mention price or link if u can

Thanks *Rockout :rockout:

subhendu, Jun 26, 2020
  3. Window 10, NG Studio stopped working.

Mine is Pinacle Studio 18,windows 10 upgraded from windows 7.after completing of almost 39% of rendering to external drive NG Studio suddenly stops working(same thing happened for several times).The problem persist despite steps undertaken as suggested
    by you

AmitavaSengupta, Jun 26, 2020
  4. CraigS Win User

Same laptop for work and home studio

Work Mapped drives not working at home.

Hello All.

I have a user at work that has a laptop as her main work use (docking station at work, then takes it home to work at home).
    we have a list of mapped network drives that we use here, including a personal drive.

however when this user gets home or off the network, the personal drive seems to become inactive/go missing.

there are no USB drives that interfere with the network drives, and i am lost looking for solutions.

any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

CraigS, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

Same laptop for work and home studio

1. Same laptop for work and home studio - Similar Threads - Same laptop home

2. USB Tethering Not Working on Laptop, Works on Same Model Laptop of Friend

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Tethering Not Working on Laptop, Works on Same Model Laptop of Friend: I'm facing an issue with USB tethering on my laptop ASUS TUF Gaming F15 FX506LH-HN310W . When I try to use USB tethering with my phone, it doesn't work. However, the same phone and cable work perfectly fine on my friend's laptop, which is also the same model as mine. I've...
  3. USB Tethering Not Working on Laptop, Works on Same Model Laptop of Friend

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Tethering Not Working on Laptop, Works on Same Model Laptop of Friend: I'm facing an issue with USB tethering on my laptop ASUS TUF Gaming F15 FX506LH-HN310W . When I try to use USB tethering with my phone, it doesn't work. However, the same phone and cable work perfectly fine on my friend's laptop, which is also the same model as mine. I've...
  4. microsoft laptop studio problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft laptop studio problem: I bought microsoft lap top studio about 2 months ago. I kept all the features at its strongest and spent almost $2,500 on this computer. Conclusion ? WRETCHED ! I would not have bought this computer even if God had given me trouble. I downloaded Photoshop to work. I can't...
  5. microsoft laptop studio problem

microsoft laptop studio problem: I bought microsoft lap top studio about 2 months ago. I kept all the features at its strongest and spent almost $2,500 on this computer. Conclusion ? WRETCHED ! I would not have bought this computer even if God had given me trouble. I downloaded Photoshop to work. I can't...
  6. Narrator not working with visual studio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Narrator not working with visual studio: I recently updated to win11 and downloaded visual studio 2022, so i could get some coding done, however narrator no longer reads either what i've typed in the text editor or any previous code from a file i already wrote. Not sure what the issue is, but i never had this issue...
  7. Narrator not working with visual studio

Narrator not working with visual studio: I recently updated to win11 and downloaded visual studio 2022, so i could get some coding done, however narrator no longer reads either what i've typed in the text editor or any previous code from a file i already wrote. Not sure what the issue is, but i never had this issue...
  8. Application works on Windows 10 Home 64 Desktop but not on laptops using same Windows platform

Application works on Windows 10 Home 64 Desktop but not on laptops using same Windows platform: I have Windows 10 Home 64 on both my desktop and laptops. My Quicken Home Inventory software continues to work on my desktop with all updates installed. However, the software no longer works on the laptops Dell and Lenovo 2-in-1 using the same Windows 10 Home 64 platform. Can...
  9. IS Microsoft Visual C++ THE SAME AS VISUAL STUDIO?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    IS Microsoft Visual C++ THE SAME AS VISUAL STUDIO?: IS Microsoft Visual C++ THE SAME AS VISUAL STUDIO? WHY IS THERE MANY DIFFERENT 'C++' FILES IN MY COMPUTER? IF I NEED ONE THAT I DON'T HAVE TO RUN A PROGRAM HOW WOULD I KNOW? DOES AN ERROR CODE APPEAR?...
  10. Laptop not working on home or work networks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop not working on home or work networks: When I got up yesterday morning and tried to check the weather, I found my internet not working correctly. I was connected to my home network. When I hovered my pointer over the wifi symbol on the taskbar, it informed me that I was connected to my home network and had...